It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pickling Egg Recommendations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I really want to make some pickled eggs, and Im looking for suggestions on what spices to use in the brine...

Whatt are some of your fav things to drop in?

Beet Juice or no beet juice?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Don't pickle those eggs. Gross.
Hot pepper those eggs. Yum.

When I go beet juice and I have some in my fridge right now I go only beet juice.
edit on 8-4-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
When pickling eggs, pickle some cucumber slices, some califlower, and onions with it. Also banana peppers and jalapino rings. I have a recipe, it is really good tasting and it takes two days to make. I just make the refrigerator pickle eggs, no heating and sealing. My recipe requires about five half gallon jars and like five to six dozen boiled eggs minimum. When I make them the kids and my brother get the most of them

It is hard to get enough eggs from the store right now to do this, store eggs peel easier than real eggs.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would rather have pickled beets in beet juice than eggs in beet juice, I did not really care much for the beet juice eggs when I ate some many years ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice

Now that i got that off my chest,

I put oak leaves in pickled things.
Dont know why.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I bet rickymouse could tell you why you put oak leaves in your pickles. Probably something you need from the leaves.

Now over to you Rickymouse. a reply to: solve

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Sorry, man...I didn't see your thread before I posted mine. So, S&F to you!

If you like spicy, you can use the brine I posted in my thread Here

Or, if you don't like spicy, you can use the same recipe, but just eliminate all the peppers and hot sauce. Instead, add some juice from a can of pickled beets for some color. You can also add some pickling spice if you like. If you do this though, I recommend removing the cloves from the pickling spice before adding. Cloves turn the eggs a funky color of grey and they don't look very appetizing.

The sky is the limit, in terms of what you can use for additives. Just make sure you use a little sugar to knock the edge off the vinegar, and don't go below a vinegar ratio of 2:1 when everything else is added. Onions are always good, so is garlic. Another good secret ingredient is mushroom juice from a can of mushrooms.

How's that; better now?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
what kind of egg that you usually used for pickled eggs????

does different egg makes different taste?

new topics

top topics

join