It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America lost the war

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe an economy that can be driven into the ground by the threat of a virus shouldn’t be allowed to continue unchanged.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioKnecht

Lol. To win a war, you have to be the one who gains. China didn't gain anything. Even had they destroyed America they would really just be destroying themselves since we are the sole reason they. became an economic per house to begin with.

No, America will rebound from this better than any other nation.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Lol. To win a war, you have to be the one who gains. China didn't gain anything. Even had they destroyed America they would really just be destroying themselves since we are the sole reason they. became an economic per house to begin with.

No, America will rebound from this better than any other nation.

Jaden

Not sure if you can call it a loss to China if they have all the factories and pharmaceutical production under their control. I mean the produce the world's market of drugs.

link   
So, the biggest manufacturing country in the world does something that makes the whole world economy falter.

Sounds like China shot itself in both feet by reducing the buying ability of all their customers and reducing sources of external raw materials for their manufacturing at the same time.

You think this is a win for China? You seem to be using a definition of win that I was totally unaware of.

link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Trust me I have no disdain and hatred for America, but patriotism doesn't blind me. That's the problem with ideology and any other "ism" (e.g. patriot"ism", capital"ism", commun"ism", femin"ism", national"ism", etc. etc.), they are blindfolds that do not let you accept and apprehend reality as it is and as it comes. Ideology becomes a straightjacket for the mind.

With its chiaroscuri -its ups and downs, America has been a somewhat good leader. Infinetely better than a nazi germany, for instance, would have been. It is troubling and painful to see that America is losing its leader status. And like it or not, Trump has been instrumental in this. I am really sorry, but that is the way it is. "America first" has brought consequences at the international level, and there is huge vaccuum left by the place the US used to occupy at the world stage, and other world powers -China included- are moving fast to fill it.

You may be quite right in that I may have confused a battle with the actual war. In any case, I think it would not be a stretch to say that America has lost this battle, would you agree?

Please show me where I say that having a third-world America is my fantasy? I will sit and wait.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Exactly, it would be the old adage of cutting off their nose too spite their face.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
How much did China pay yout to write this utter drivel.

Sounds like you WANT this to happen. In which case that could be defined as being a traitor.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Lol. No, I am sorry, your tds has blinded you to the reality that America is and will continue too be the world's largest economy and the only super power.

Every industrialized nation in the world is suffering from this and America will have the easiest recovery BECAUSE of Trump's handling of it.

Please go find your self a safe space and cry yourself to sleep.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Once again, please show me where I am wrong. Where is the drivel?

I am just trying to see beyond my nose, free from any ideology. Why would I want this to happen? I am really scared of a world where China -with all its disdain to the individual, the environment and freethinkingwould be the hegemon.

But facts are hard.

Regarding your ad-hominem attack that I am a traitor...Lol...Listen, I am a Mexican dude that got married to an Italian girl and is living with his two kids in currently locked down Milan. Perhaps this gives me an advantage -in comparison to the average american-, to analyse better and more objectively the current times we are living in- since I may be more objective and not blinded by the current democrat/republican left/right Trump/antiTrump divide.

edit on 8-4-2020 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2020 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
So, the biggest manufacturing country in the world does something that makes the whole world economy falter.

Sounds like China shot itself in both feet by reducing the buying ability of all their customers and reducing sources of external raw materials for their manufacturing at the same time.

You think this is a win for China? You seem to be using a definition of win that I was totally unaware of.

No, you got it all wrong...

It's the NWO Globalist who made all this happen, they just took out the middle man, killed off middle class jobs.... so now China and big globalist corporations will become even more powerful than before.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Funny how the Democrats like to blame Trump for the virus ~ despite the fact that the virus is the perfect thing for the Democrat party as it attacks Trumps strength ~ the economy.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Like I said, I believe that this was an economic war fought primarily between China and the US. The US economy right now is in shambles, due to the virus, and while China's probably not in the best place right now, they are really stronger and in a better place.

But, like I said when answering to Lumenari, I might be confusing the battle with the actual war. Let's wait and see what happens. This is far from over yet.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

With all the talk in many countries of what they have learned from this, some things are too important to let other countries make for you. I think both China and globalism are the biggest losers in this.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Bill Gates loves you....

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I see it as China knocked over the board in the global economy game, if this was indeed an attack. You consider that a win? Again, you seem to be using a definition of win that I was totally unaware of.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You see decay, calamity and gloom. I see opportunity and a re-set. Not just money, but behavioral.

A lot of parasite failure, and opportunity for the resurgence of Mom and Pop enterprises. Bare bones, this ain't no Disco....

The best opportunity to cast off China, back into smoke and Bicycles. The way they were for centuries.
Our leadership in the free world assured, and able to pick loyal allies and share that loyalty, beneficial to all.

Teaming up with India for mutual prosperity.

I shun people like you present as failure with no hope. Wrong, America is Resilient .. And still Powerful.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

You are saying that Bill Gates encourages the local manufacturing of certain necessary strategic materials. I don't remember reading anything about his campaign to 'buy local' within your own country.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I see it as China knocked over the board in the global economy game, if this was indeed an attack. You consider that a win? Again, you seem to be using a definition of win that I was totally unaware of.

Thanks for your reply. It is way more cool headed and objective than others I am seeing here.

I agree with you that China may have overplayed its hand. However, the way I see it is that China's intent was not knocking out the world's economy, just that of America.

I believe that they are thoroughly convinced that Trump declared war on their economy and they struck back heavily and devastatingly. Even if it meant bringing some pain to their own people, which -as I said- the CPP is completely prepared to stomach.

They are in it for the long run and I believe they are winning their effort in destroying the US economy, at whatever the cost.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well because
1. You did not have one single fact in your whole post...it was an opinion piece bordering on a rant. Reference no references.

2. See point 1

I am an expat living in the UK. On lockdown as well. Yet i'm not making a fool of myself going all chicken little. Oh ye of zero faith.

The dollar is still the go to world currency by a long margin. And the Chinese economy is not the be all end all.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Maybe an economy that can be driven into the ground by the threat of a virus shouldn’t be allowed to continue unchanged.

An economy like China's for example ? 😷 🤧

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join