It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America lost the war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
All you fools with your head turned inwards to domestic policy and Trump this and Trump that, don't seem to realize that America lost the third world war, which was fought without a single shot being fired.

The third world war was an economic one. America started it against China, and whether you accept it, realize it or deny it, the fact is that America lost it.

With the single release of a microscopic agent, China has crippled American economy. Just look at the crash of the GDP, the exponential increase of unemployment claims, the turmoil of the market, the expansion of people requiring extraordinary measures (such as the money handouts) to keep afloat.

And not only that, but with an uber practical and radical real politik approach, China has been swift in taking advantage of Trump's miopic "America First" diatribes and demagoguery, moving fast to occupy the vaccuum left by the US, in taking a leading role at the international level. Chinese equipment, doctors, supplies, and soft excercises of power have inundated the world the past three weeks, while the US is discussing if Trump's interests in hydrocloiquine companies or Dr. Fauci's facepalms actually mean something.

Maybe you don't see it now, but this pandemic has changed the world. No doubt the world will keep on moving forward. Just not with America in the front this time. If that is a good or bad thing, remains to be seen.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 8-4-2020 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioKnecht

America lost the war
Yuh mean Trump lost the plot, that's not America's fault, in fact the people have been very good in taking the medical advice given, and that's a hard thing to do for months on end, let's just hope that it will be the people who resolve the pandemic by their good grace in the face of that bumbling fool Trump Inc.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
All of the countries economies took a beating with this virus, so nobody lost this war. If America keeps this shutdown up too long, then we will lose way more than other countries, at the end of this month we need to start getting stuff up and running again. Americans learning humility is a good thing. We must work together to fight this war against this microbe and learn from our mistakes. Vacation in this country, visit Canada instead of flying across the ocean. Take a ride around Lake superior, do not take cruises where people from everywhere coagulate like sticky blood cells clogging our heart.

We must learn from our mistakes and quit blaming things on others, everyone is at fault....suck it up and learn from your mistakes, the less people traveling all over the world the safer we are.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yes, Trump has left a power vacuum in world politics.He's cut the US off from allies and emboldened strongmen around the world. Look on the bright side. With the US as a third world country, China will have to start making its products here because of the cheap labor. Things will be "made in America" again and Trump wins!

Seriously though, Trump is privy to info we don't have so I hope he's got a plan, otherwise, America will lose for real.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

China has lifted its lockdown. They are starting to produce again. Personal loss and individual tragedies mean nothing to the Communist Party of the People's Republic of China. The CPP knows that in any war some pain is inevitable.

Above all, the guys running things there are practical. Cynically, cruelly, psycopathologically practical. To them, some hundreds of thousands (or even some millions) dying is an acceptable loss, if it means achieving their ends. They have close to 1.5 billion people. A few million more or less mean nothing.

Karl Popper foresaw this in his magnum opus, "Open Society and its Enemies". Liberal values, democratic values, human rights and morals may well be the downfall of western culture as we know it, when confronted to a worldview that sees all these values as weaknesses and shortcomings that must be taken advantage of.

We are seeing this ideological battle play out right now before our eyes. This are historic times, ladies and gentlemen.
edit on 8-4-2020 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

America lost the war
Yuh mean Trump lost the plot, that's not America's fault, .

Who got Trump elected?

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Lost the war in your mind maybe.
We haven't even left our couches yet.

(post by Flesh699 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Yes, Trump has left a power vacuum in world politics.He's cut the US off from allies and emboldened strongmen around the world. Look on the bright side. With the US as a third world country, China will have to start making its products here because of the cheap labor. Things will be "made in America" again and Trump wins!

The US is still far from becoming a third world country (albeit considerable portions of its population live in such conditions).

Seriously though, Trump is privy to info we don't have so I hope he's got a plan, otherwise, America will lose for real.

Lol. Does Trump really look like a man with a plan?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You're right. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Nothing's happened, except for the fact that the world is an effin' mess and America will be in the worst recession of the last 100 years. And all this just because some chinese dude ate a bat (or so the official story -fed by the Chinese government- goes).

Really man. Stop the patriotic drivel for a second and pull your head out of the sand. Be objective. The fact that the government will be handing out checks to every American doesn't tell you something?

"Total nonfarm payroll employment fell by 701,000 in March, and the unemployment rate rose to 4.4 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The changes in these measures reflect the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and efforts to contain it."

Federal Bureau of Labor April Report

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's becoming more and more obvious that China has used this as a bio weapon to weaken the world economy. The only option that the global institutions have is to pull out of china, reduce all trade and strangle the CCP. China needs to take this opportunity to consider a revolt against the CCP.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioKnecht
a reply to: EartOccupant

China has lifted its lockdown. They are starting to produce again. Personal loss and individual tragedies mean nothing to the Communist Party of the People's Republic of China. The CPP knows that in any war some pain is inevitable.

Above all, the guys running things there are practical. Cynically, cruelly, psycopathologically practical. To them, some hundreds of thousands (or even some millions) dying is an acceptable loss, if it means achieving their ends. They have close to 1.5 billion people. A few million more or less mean nothing.

Yet for some reason you seem delighted that they, in your mind, are winning.

But hey, at least you got like three insults about Trump into the OP. That's what really matters.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
China was doomed like Japan. imo

too much under the table type dealings and the pollution bell curve made their air tough to look at.....i don't know if it is fun to breath or not

their gdp in the dumps.....their limit on number of children to 1 was realized to be a mistake, too. they are the smartest though possibly. hey, they told all their population to buy Gold back when it was cheaper, too...crafty
edit on 8-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You will never rebuild your self esteem this way.
You are wasting your time with political trolling, which is actually against t&c's
But more importantly you are not that good at it and I bet your mother would be very disappointed at your behavior.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Yet for some reason you seem delighted that they, in your mind, are winning.

But hey, at least you got like three insults about Trump into the OP. That's what really matters.

What?!?! Where or how on earth can you say that? I am just calling it as it is. Chinese policies are inhumane. Anti-individual. Cruel. But brutally effective.

Sorry to break it to you (although I already know it will be useless), but Trump is no Churchill. He is no statesman, but a showman and that's it. Good with the tongue, but no substance; that's the playbook definition of a demagogue.

But it's ok. Keep him on a pedestal. That has really turned out so well, hasn't it?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
China was doomed like Japan. imo

too much under the table type dealings and the pollution bell curve made their air tough to look at.....i don't know if it is fun to breath or not

their gdp in the dumps.....their limit on number of children to 1 was realized to be a mistake, too. they are the smartest though possibly. hey, they told all their population to buy Gold back when it was cheaper, too...crafty

It has been noted that china has been hoarding gold for the past few years... I mean that again could be evidence that this was planned by the CCP. I'm sure the bread crumbs are all there it's just they hid it in plain sight.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioKnecht

originally posted by: lostbook

The US is still far from becoming a third world country (albeit considerable portions of its population live in such conditions).

Lol. Does Trump really look like a man with a plan?

He has plans for himself. Which is where i think this is all headed.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

In your rush to show your disdain and hatred for America you have confused a battle with the actual war.

America will still be "in front" as it were, for some time.

Simply because if our market goes, the world goes as well.

Which includes China.

So you can put your fantasy of a third-world America aside for now because of this virus.

Maybe you'll have better luck soon with a comet strike or something.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You will never rebuild your self esteem this way.
You are wasting your time with political trolling, which is actually against t&c's
But more importantly you are not that good at it and I bet your mother would be very disappointed at your behavior.

What does my self esteem (which luckily is kept at check, thank you for asking) have to do with anything?

Where is the political trolling you are talking about? This is the political issues forum, is it not? Please show me the flaws in my arguments and I will be happy to discuss them with you and accept them, if you prove me wrong. But for the life of me, I fail to see where the trolling lies.

I know I am not that good at political commenting, but I try my best nonetheless. That's what has made my mum so proud of me

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join