It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Premier League needs cancelling now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I forgot to mention, that's Terry Butcher in the pic i shared.

Legends, man. Get injured and keep on going? Why? Probably for the love of the game, but also because you get paid a lot!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

I forgot to mention, that's Terry Butcher in the pic i shared.

Legends, man. Get injured and keep on going? Why? Probably for the love of the game, but also because you get paid a lot!

In this country Schilling was doing it purely because he knew what was at stake and he was at the end of a great career. Boston Red Sox hadn't won a World Series in 86 years and were playing the New York Yankees in the American League finals. Schilling pitches 7 insane innings in a win against the Yankees, blood running out the top of his cleat because he had undergone an emergency surgery to try to stabilize a tendon injury in his set foot and ripped it wide open. Dude then proceeds to pitch Game 2 of the World Series with more blood pouring out of his cleat and his ankle so hamburgered he could hardly walk. Boston won their pennant and Schilling attained legend status in Boston.

JJ Watt is just a beast who will do anything to win. A born football defensive lineman.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Play is suspended through May. I expect they'll re-evaluate the situation at that time and probably keep play suspended for at least another month after that. It's only a guess, though. Personally I can't wait for play to resume. Klopp's boys in red may have the top of the table locked up, but my boys in blue from South London still have room to advance. At any rate, we have to keep the Mancs out of the top 4.

***Walks away singing "Carefree wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC"***

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I remember watching that World Series with my dad. Schilling was always a badass, though. Nothing will top that outing with Boston, but he had some great years with the D-backs, too.

I should be back on the east coast in time to watch baseball games in person depending on how the pandemic shapes up. I will miss the beer, though. England has the finest beers you could ever hope to enjoy.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Everybody else likes to tell everybody else what to do
Soccer players, fall down in a light breeze and demand a penalty because the other fella ran past
Won’t last a season against a nasty virus

Let’s be honest, might be primadonnas but not likely to die of a virus

You must have never watch the Premier League. They don't take a lot of dives. Eden Hazard has had six inch long gashes stitched up after games because of how hard they're spiking his ankles and feet. English footballers are nothing to **** with.

I have watched premier league
They do take dives and it makes the sport look silly and soft, sorry that's my opinion.
Great game to play, boring to,watch

I come from the land of footy,
Great game to watch, stupid to play

I don't like soccer to watch, Primma Donna bunch of girly men, sorry.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join