It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what the Chicago mayor just did

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
She gave all the illegal aliens benefits. I have lived almost my entire life in chicago and I don’t get benefits.

thehill.com...

That’s what you get when you elect a halfwit democrat gay minority to run your city.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
She gave all the illegal aliens benefits. I have lived almost my entire life in chicago and I don’t get benefits.

thehill.com...

That’s what you get when you elect a halfwit democrat gay minority to run your city.

You could have made the same point, stopping at ‘halfwit democrat’, but decided to add in the bigoted racist POV for good measure. Charming.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Honestly, considering everything that's going wrong right now, what's the difference?

Just add it to the list.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer
I added facts. Your prejudices added the rest

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Chicago = a less advanced Mogadishu

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It makes a big difference. We are going to have enough trouble taking care of the people that belong here. I don’t see how we have the luxury of taking care of all the Noncitizen criminals
edit on 8-4-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Do regular Americans also get free medical care too?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Leftist politicians are opportunistic creatures that will use any crisis to push their anti-American agenda.

*shrugs*

Don't worry, it'll get worse.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No why would they?

They do however get the privilege of playing for the criminals that Come here illegally.

It’s kind of like paying for someone to rob you or murder you or rape you
edit on 8-4-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

a reply to: EternalShadow

It makes a big difference. We are going to have enough trouble taking care of the people that belong here. I don’t see how we have the luxury of taking care of all the Noncitizen criminals

Um....no it doesn't. The FED is providing UNLIMITED funds for everything!

Rejoice and relax, they'll handle it.🙄

/sarc

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Because the are Americans.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Um... what??? If you're a resident, it seems you do as well:

Under the executive order, Lightfoot's office said all residents in the city, regardless of their birthplace or citizenship status, will have access to the city's newly-established COVID-19 Housing Assistance Grant program and online resources offered through Chicago public schools for students, among other benefits.

Or am I missing something?

Ahhhhh.... there it is.

Are your labels getting in the way of your reading comprehension? Or is it just your confirmation bias???

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm perfectly fine with this. As long as they lose all federal funding and find the money in their state coffers. Let Illinois citizens deal with the ignorance legislated by the mayors and governors they elect. There is no reason the rest of America should have to carry the burdon.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

What kind of spin bullsh!t is that? You’re blatantly using his sexual orientation and race as a reason to hate on the guy and MY “prejudices” are brought up when I call that out? Please, tell me what prejudices I have. I know what yours are.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I read just fine and what you call “labels” I call
Adjectives if you don’t like them to bad.

I guess I should’ve specified I have a job

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Regardless of your answers, the MOST important thing is that by helping them you are helping yourself and your fellow citizens, by helping curb the spread of this disease.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

I agree, but the problem is the residents will just move to another state and elect the same type of officials and screw over the citizens in that state.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

What kind of spin bullsh!t is that? You’re blatantly using his sexual orientation and race as a reason to hate on the guy and MY “prejudices” are brought up when I call that out? Please, tell me what prejudices I have. I know what yours are.

The mayor is a woman. It's sort of prejudice to assume it was a man. Seems you would rather attack the OP than to read the link posted.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Here's the part you may have missed I'm pretty sure that is what she meant by residents not citizens:

"Not all of Chicago's residents qualify for federal stimulus checks, state unemployment insurance or other economic assistance due to their documentation status," Rodriguez said. "These Chicagoans are vital community members who work in various industries and help our great city to thrive every day." "These Chicagoans are our family members, co-workers, neighbors and friends. I applaud the Mayor for standing with undocumented individuals and families to ensure their eligibility for any economic assistance offered by the City of Chicago during this global pandemic," he added.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too upset Chicago has to maintain its pool of slave labor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join