It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Upload confusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Although the ATS Upload has been disabled I've still got images on there from before it was, and was able to continue using them. However, I've lost the address of the images and I obviously I can't go into the upload menu to reclaim the address. So how do I find it out the addresses again?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If they've been posted before you could always find the post and copy the image location.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Right. As cpr12 says. Find a thread where the image was posted, right click it and select "properties". The address will be there.

If you never posted the image (e.g used it as an avatar) but you know the file name, the address will be www.abovetopsecret.com...filename.jpg or filename.gif

If you forget the filename, you can take a guess and paste it into your browser's address bar. If you get the correct filename, it will load in the browser. Otherwise it will show a broken image box.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
If you never posted the image (e.g used it as an avatar) but you know the file name, the address will be www.abovetopsecret.com...filename.jpg or filename.gif

If you forget the filename, you can take a guess and paste it into your browser's address bar. If you get the correct filename, it will load in the browser. Otherwise it will show a broken image box.

Thatll never work, when uploaded an image gets assigned a consecutive number at the end of the original filename, so you cant upload a file of the same name and copy over one that was already there.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
nah, unfortunately some of the pictures I'm after weren't posted on the site...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Thatll never work, when uploaded an image gets assigned a consecutive number at the end of the original filename, so you cant upload a file of the same name and copy over one that was already there.

You're right. Been so long since upload was available I forgot about that.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Is there any staff that can address this point please? It is an issue that needs to be resolved...

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
My suggestion is to U2U a mod to expedite an answer. There were like 9 of them on at one time last night, I'm sure someone is on now. Check the home page at the bottom, there is a list of who's on, mods are in bold type.

Hope this helps, good luck with your problem.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
My suggestion is to U2U a mod to expedite an answer. There were like 9 of them on at one time last night, I'm sure someone is on now. Check the home page at the bottom, there is a list of who's on, mods are in bold type.

Ordinarily I take care of my problems through u2u with staff, but as it turns out I'm not the only one having this particular problem. I've spoke to one or two people who wouldn't mind having access to the stuff they put on the ATS upload, so obviously it makes sense to have it public in the "Board Questions" so that anyone else would know the answer to this as well, see?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hey - am I nuts or does it appear that the upload center is back?

Yeah!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Hey - am I nuts or does it appear that the upload center is back?

Yeah!

No...it just shows your files.

Must be in responce to John's problem.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yeah it appears that it's been fixed. Thanks alot, appreciated.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes, finally knowing the new path and being able to see the file names does the trick for me.

Thanks for bringing this up John, I've been asking about this in chat for some time but no one has aswered it till your thread.

Good to know how to access my "missing" uploads even if the uploads are still not active for new ones.

new topics

top topics

join