It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think Trump's Covid-19 news conferences suck?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have watched a couple of Trump's daily Covid briefings and I voted for the man and I love the man but my God he has moments where he sounds like a blathering idiot.

But if you think that sucks. Imagine Joe Biden running this # show.

He would be up there rambling incoherently about how he had Covid-19 in 1952 and beat it by challenging it to a push up contest.

He would be running around the White House lawn like a lunatic and then when the press asked him what he was doing he would say "I am trying to catch that pesky Corona virus. I am gonna catch that rascally wabbit, and that's no Mularkey."

And he would catch it too, because he would catch it inhaling some young girls hair.

He would never have the stamina of Trump. He would die within a week of exhaustion or at a minimum fall asleep mid briefing. It's JoJo's nappy nap time thumb in mouth.

So I conclude that even though Trump can drive me nuts with repeating # and and not really knowing his details he still has done a hell of a job. Trump in his worst day is miles better than Biden on his best day!
edit on 7-4-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

He has an interesting way of speaking, it seems at any given time he has 2 or 3 sentences he's trying to say and bounces between them.

I'm bad with speaking, writing even more so and I do similar things given a multiple train of thought.

He's an average speaker at best, but still seems to(ultimately) convey the message. When others speak or answer questions at a briefing it highlights his inability as a public speaker.

I've found it trying at times too, but it's not that bad. I get the gist and move on. Now, if I was a MSM pundit, I'm sure I could write 100 "news" stories about his speaking ability and then link it to how he's guilty of manslaughter or some nonsense.

Biden is so much worse, though similar. Biden has 2 or 3 sentences he's trying to say at the same time, but bounces between them, but sadly they are completely random mumbo jumbo and in the end he just looks like he's confused and stumbles to the point that someone would step in and try to help him, but nobody is stepping in.
edit on 7-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
I have watched a couple of Trump's daily Covid briefings and I voted for the man and I love the man but my God he has moments where he sounds like a blathering idiot.

But if you think that sucks. Imagine Joe Biden running this # show.

He would be up there randomly incoherently about how he had Covid-19 in 1952 and beat it by challenging it to a push up contest.

He would be running around the White House lawn like a lunatic and then when the press asked him what he was doing he would say "I am trying to catch that pesky Corona virus. I am gonna catch that rascally wabbit, and that's no Mularkey."

And he would catch it too, because he would catch it inhaling some young girls hair.

He would never have the stamina of Trump. He would die within a week of exhaustion or at a minimum fall asleep mid briefing. It's JoJo's nappy nap time thumb in mouth.

So I conclude that even though Trump can drive me nuts with repeating # and and not really knowing his details he still has done a hell of a job. Trump in his worst day is miles better than Biden on his best day!

Why you are a lying horse-faced pony soldier. Biden has been conspicuously incommunicado. Funny thing is he still hasn't got a chance in hell.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Lol. I bet Joe is deep under the crust of Saskatchewan in his underground bunker because he is so old and such a mess that if catches the Corona he is a dead man. So maybe Hillary Clinton unleashed the virus so she can be the lead vagina.

edit on 7-4-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I prefer a president lacking political polish that shares my values over a slick speaking charismatic that doesn’t. We had Presidents that had trained their entire lives to be in politics that were great public speakers who were awful Presidents...Obama comes to mind. I’ll take awkward substance from a man who loves his country over style, smoke and mirrors.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The President is a Man of his Word and Actions . We the Public know Exactly where he Stands on this THREAT . He Will do the Right Thing and get this Country Back to Work ASAP . To Believe Otherwise is Spiteful Thinking .........

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well , at least it isn't "I , uhhh , me , uhhh , I ,uhhh , uhhh....."

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If Trump had a bastard grandchild like Joe he would meet it head on and accept the child as his grandchild. Not Joe. Totally ignored it, media ignores it. Innocent child being treated worse than an illegal alien. Joe accepts illegal aliens but not his own grandchild. The child is nothing to him but a chunk of trash.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
President Trumps daily Covid briefings are positive and uplifting!

The freakin MSM braying jackasses that attend these cannot ask a grown up question, just pathetic shills campaigning for the democrats on the back of the crisis,
A bunch of spoiled brat pukes that try to censor his messages to the people but come across as fools.
They don’t realize this just increases his leadership and popularity among the people.

They can’t put the partisan crap aside, no wasting a good crisis!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
They are hilarious!

You shouldn't say that about a president, esp. in daring times, but Trump's verbatim transcripts are fun, in a sad way.

Read them, for example here

Today, just for amusement:

Brian, you’ve been fantastic and Bank of America has been incredible. You were right up there right at the beginning. We appreciate it. You probably noticed I mentioned your name a few times two days ago when it all started. We appreciate it very much. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Brian Moynihan: (02:19)
Thank you Mr. President.

Donald Trump: (02:21)
Really great job. Goldman Sachs, a friend of mine for a long time David Solomon, please David. Go ahead.

( a lot of Thank yous later)

Donald Trump: (26:16)
Well, Brad, that’s really nice. I think you’re the only banker that will pray for me daily. But I’m not too sure about some of those New York guys sitting there, if they pray for me. But they like me, but I don’t know if they pray for me, so I appreciate that very much, Brad. Michael, you’re up. MasterCard. Terrific job.
(and so on)

I mean, I appreciate that he isn't interfering in the statements of experts at this point, but this self-praising?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yeah I dont like them. I voted for the guy and want him to succeed all the way until his time legally runs out including if he were to be reelected. He won my vote for 8 yrs last election.

That said, I tune him out beyond important news bits more than people who hate him.

He was never as important as the movement behind him that kept and keeps him going.

He isnt as enthralling to me as he is to his regular supporters.

The memes though...I thank him for those. I never laughed so hard during an election in my life.

edit on 8-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Joe Biden wouldn't need to make a pandemic a daily reality show like this President. So I don't think Joe would be spending three hours rambling about how great he is and what a good job he's doing. You're right. Trump needs his ego stroked daily, and usually Trump has to buy the respect he gets.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

These news conferences every day remind me of the movie Ground Hog Day, or a broken record. Can't watch anymore.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Gotta admit you really had me going in the beginning, but pulled it out at the end there.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Imagine Joe Biden running this # show.

He would be up there rambling incoherently about how he had Covid-19 in 1952 and beat it by challenging it to a push up contest.

AR-14's and Covid-21, yep, I can see it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
To me, the best thing about these updates is listening (agree that it's difficult at times) to what they actually say in real life, and them comparing that to how the LAMEstream media reports what they said.

THAT'S the real eye opener.

Try it for yourself.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Best part of Trump's press conferences is the stupid dumb bell reporters asking stupid dumb bell choke&gag questions.
🎱 😆 🎱

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Neither a hater nor a fan boy here. But...

He does ramble around, no doubt. Apparently he likes the microphone and the attention. Who knew? No worries. It's better than some overly slick, non-connecting, prepared BS every single time.

I am good with him coming out daily and giving an update. It's what I expect as a citizen.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I generally watch the briefings daily but often have to shut them off. The self-praise is loathing and the music business/entertainment business is rampant with people like that, every single one of them I’ve had to deal with has been 100% a delusional a$$hole. I despise all politicians in general. Both sides come off to me as parodies which just lends more back up to the fact that it’s all a bunch of bullsh!t. Common citizens care far more about the country than I believe any politician, or Trump does. I 100% believe people get into politics for money and/or power, the ones who started out with good intentions eventually bite from the poison apple and end up turning out the same way.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I did not vote for Pres Trump but very much approve of the work he has done in rectifying trade imbalances, trying to steer us clear from foreign conflicts, and giving much needed focus on illegal immigration.

However, if anyone is looking for polished speaking, uplifting words and great oratory skills: that was the skill set of President Trumps predecessor.

Pres Trump's MO is motivating others (sometimes in not the nicest and encouraging ways) and decisive action. I'm pretty sure his voters had those characteristics in mind in '16; they wanted unconventional approach to the office, not pretty political speak.
edit on 8-4-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join