It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logan’s roadhouse restaurant chain closes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
261 locations closed and 18,000 employees are out of a job.
I’ve read that they are mothballing the restaurants so there is a glimmer of hope they will eventually reopen.

“ Restaurant Business is reporting that Logan's parent company is "mothballing" all 261 locations of the popular restaurant, including the Shreveport and Bossier City locations. CraftWorks Holdings also reportedly fired their CEO Hazem Ouf and CFO Jim Lebs after the two were accused of paying the company's bills without permission. In total, close to 18,000 are receiving a pink slip.

Read More: Logan's Roadhouse Closing 261 Stores, Firing all Laid-off Workers | kpel965.com...

Not sure if the virus shutdown is the only cause but I’m sure it didn’t help especially with the following snippet.

“ According to court documents the pair are responsible for paying around $7 million in sales tax to states where the restaurants operate. Unfortunately, the allegedly did so without "knowledge and prior approval of court-appointed supervising parties." Representatives of the company actually asked for the money back, but only received $360,000. The company claims that without this money for their operating budget, they had no choice but to declare bankruptcy.”

www.al.com...

The restaurant business is a fickle bitch in good times so this doesn’t really come as a big surprise.
Most people don’t understand how tight the margins are in food service.
Not likely to be the only business to fall this year...like Macy’s who has high rent locations in malls.

edit on 7-4-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Some of the worst Customer service I have had in my adult life was experienced in one their Alabama locations last year - not surprising actually.

Management was just poor and it carried over to employees unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

They have two locations near me and I've never had bad service.
Probably varies around the country

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I wonder how many business will never reopen due to being on the edge of closing before and this is just the straw that breaks the camels back.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was saddened to hear via txt message about an hour ago from the mom and pop Chinese restaurant that I frequent about once a week has closed down today and sold. Last week they were telling me that they may close because of the virus because they were losing business. I'm sure some of it was due to fear that they are Chinese.

It's sad because they cared about their frequent customers, knowing me, my voice and my phone number were close enough to these folks to take my number from their registry to contact me personally to let me know - because it's seldom businesses know their customers so well and will have to be closing down for good. I don't think I could ever find a little place like this that had such great food and perfect service and good people.

Who knows if they lost their shirts on selling the business. I just hope that they did very well for themselves and wish them the best of luck from here on.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I know nothing about Logan's Roadhouse, but i know that 18 thousand more jobless is a problem.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Lots of smaller ones for sure.
Most larger companies can handle some adversity but some of them are on thin ice.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I wonder if people are worried about the deaths associated with losing a business, life's work and providing for a family from things such as suicide, stress etc will end up worse than the reason they were closed for.
Meh, I'm sure they won't, and who cares about that anyway it's not what I'm told to care about so it's obviously no big deal.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I guess we are all learning that life isnt fair, none of the rights we believe were granted by God himself were ever real, and that none of us are actually all that special. We are all to blame for ever thinking something was owed to us. Meanwhile everyone that has ever lived and died is playing a tiny violin.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I guess we are all learning that life isnt fair, none of the rights we believe were granted by God himself were ever real, and that none of us are actually all that special. We are all to blame for ever thinking something was owed to us. Meanwhile everyone that has ever lived and died is playing a tiny violin.

What a depressing comment.

Do you ever have fun?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Restaurants can remain viable if they choose. Many are still open where I am and doing well. Probably better without the costs of running a sit down. Lots of place still open. Bought some paint from Sherwin Williams today. Parking lot was packed. The car wash next door was open. So was the oil change place. Lowes was open. A lot of places are still doing ok. Have to want to survive but the business is there if they want it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Hate to hear about the layoffs, but that place sucked.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The few locations they have in the Orlando FL metro area where I'm at are mostly in odd locations. You can't see some of them from the main roads and some of them are in low traffic strip plazas. None of them are ideal. The 2 that my family and I have been to are often very quiet inside compared to other local chain restaurants.

The food isn't bad, not really memorable tho, and we've never had issues with service. But it seems like this place was destined to go down at some point sooner than later. I doubt this virus is the root cause, although I'm sure it sped things up.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
A little wake up call to all the people who think things are going to get back to normal once this moronic lockdown ends. The ramifications and repercussions will be felt for years.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Lots of smaller ones for sure.
Most larger companies can handle some adversity but some of them are on thin ice.

Who's Logan...

Our small shop fell thru the ice and drowned; However I signed the lease over to my loyal employees and paid for their new LLC to reopen whenever they can. Perhaps they can get some of that stimulus money.

The operation of small business will never be able to return to "normal" .... I see a planned cultural shift where people simply won't shop in small retail stores or mom and pop restaurants, anymore....to afraid of getting the virus. But there will be some industries that will grow and prosper and thank the Great Spirit, I'm in that community. People will now be spending more time in front of the TV than ever before. The media geeks are doing a happy dance.

What a world....it's like living in some strange surreal dystopian movie; Everyone waiting for the other shoe to drop. Watching the cluster f*** unfold is fascinating from a literary, cultural Anthro, point of view. Sad but fascinating just the same....

edit on 8-4-2020 by olaru12 because: semi colon time....

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Restaurants can remain viable if they choose. Many are still open where I am and doing well. Probably better without the costs of running a sit down. Lots of place still open. Bought some paint from Sherwin Williams today. Parking lot was packed. The car wash next door was open. So was the oil change place. Lowes was open. A lot of places are still doing ok. Have to want to survive but the business is there if they want it.

Most of the bigger places with sit down need to turn so many tables an hour. You never make up that many by just doing curbside or take out, plus you lose all the bar business as well. Most of the large chains around here (Applebees, Fridays, Hooters, Twin Peaks) did pick up and curbside for a little while, but they have now closed.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I used to

top topics

join