It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airspace Shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Another member posted about this yesterday evening and the thread was shut down, most likely because they did not provide a source.
They claimed they heard it from a military family member.

SCATANA is the acronym for Security Control of Air Traffic and Air Navigation Aids

The Plan for the Security Control of Air Traffic and Air Navigation Aids (SCATANA) is an emergency preparedness plan of the United States which prescribes the joint action to be taken by appropriate elements of the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, and the Federal Communications Commission in the interest of national security in order to effectively control air traffic and air navigation aids under emergency conditions.

en.wikipedia.org...

The only real world time this was enacted was on 9/11/2001 in a modified version.
It was also used in the early 1960s for 3 military exercises called Operation Skyshield.

Apparently this might happen now for Covid-19 reasons or for reasons not yet known.

According to multiple reliable sources the governments of both the United States and Canada are about to announce the shutdown of their airspace to everything but private cargo, government, law enforcement and military aircrafts. The decision should be made public in the next few days.

www.fliegerfaust.com...

My question is....Why? Why now?
6 weeks into this pandemic and according to many sources, airline travel is way way down already.
Wouldn’t this have been more prudent 6 weeks ago when they shutdown almost everything, if they were trying to stop the spread?
Maybe I have too much time on my hands while self quarantining to think about crazy things happening, I just find it strange they would possibly do this well after the fact.
What else could be about to happen that they would have advance knowledge of?
edit on 7-4-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I was expecting something when Pompeo told all Americans abroad jf they wanted to be in the states than to come home immediately. While this is still unofficial/unconfirmed, it would make sense as to why he said that.

I too have big questions why the timing. Pandoras box is open, and at this point I don't see the reasoning.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Id need a source. I mean look up. I see one or two planes a day when i used to see hundreds. Cant see a reason for.it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Something else besides covid is happening.

Now if I were a smarter man, I'd know what!!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Would such an order apply to drone flights as well?

Imagine the implications/advantages(?) of a sky with no “unauthorized eyes” spreading real-time images of everything they see...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

We might not want to know what else is going to happen in advance.
Very strange timing for this, if it is true.
I said in another thread earlier.....keep your eyes and ears open and be ready for anything.
edit on 7-4-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: JinMI

We might not want to know what else is going to happen in advance.
Very strange timing for this, if it is true.

I always want to know lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I was expecting something when Pompeo told all Americans abroad jf they wanted to be in the states than to come home immediately. While this is still unofficial/unconfirmed, it would make sense as to why he said that.

I too have big questions why the timing. Pandoras box is open, and at this point I don't see the reasoning.

When did Pompey say that? I seem to recall hearing about it several weeks ago or more.
Why wait until now for this?
Every one of the supposed experts have said this week to 2 week period is going to be critical for the virus but what about something else?
The Surgeon General said this week will be our Pearl Harbor/9-11 week.
Dr Birx said do not go to the grocery store or pharmacy this week, STAY HOME!
Dr Fauci probably said something about it as well, even Trump said there would be a lot of death in the coming weeks.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This skies of Las Vegas are rocking and rolling with aircraft

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The airspace is already almost totally shut down. This is along the lines of the social media post about the National Guard being deployed to take over law enforcement. I'll believe it when it happens.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

It's down significantly everywhere. The March departure numbers were horrifying by the end of the month. The military and private aircraft are still flying. In fact private aircraft are flying in somewhat larger numbers than usual now.
edit on 4/7/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
my mother lives in Oregon and said while sunbathing outside today she has seen many southbound planes which she looked up on her planefinder app...she said many of them were bound for Oakland....she thought that was weird....it turns out Oakland is a hub for Chinese activity. Make of it what you will.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I just looked on Flightradar24.com, there's practically nothing in the air, especially in my area where there'd be about thirty flights just for UAL alone coming into or out of Newark in the past hour. I think I counted two.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Oakland is a fairly large cargo facility, as well as home to the Oakland Maintenance Center.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
April 4th-

March 6 vs April 6-

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

In your opinion, if this does in fact happen, why would they be doing this well after the fact of keeping the spread down?
Especially when air travel is already way down.
Does it make sense to you for them to do this now?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It was about a week ago

He just had a news conference, he touched on efforts to get remaining citizens home (edit, just had it as in a few hours ago*)
edit on 7-4-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The magnetic north pole is moving quickly, with little air travel, it would be a good time to redo the airport locations and adjust the plane's computers to match. This would have to have been done in the near future, it is probably been suggested it would be a good time to do this so it will be done when things start back up.

I read about this, but do not know if it has anything to do with this particular planned event. If it is done with less planes in the air, it may be better to recalibrate now. It will save a lot of expense if it is accomplished in less than a weeks time verses maybe taking a month to do it.

I am just guessing, I do not know if this is the reason, but killing two birds with one stone is always better.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

governments that take this kind of control have a hard time giving that control back.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't think many aircraft use magnetic compasses to navigate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join