It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director: Coronavirus Death Toll Will Be ‘Much, Much, Much Lower’ than Projected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, it would appear that those in charge seem to be admitting that their "doom and gloom" forecast was not accurate.

The Director of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Dr. Robert Redfield, even states in the following article, that "models should never be used to assume that we have a number." Huh? Then why give those numbers to the media in the first place?

He states, "we didn’t really publicize the models." Huh? Seems to me those models were talked about just about every single day on MSM.

Then, Redfield implies that when the CDC "predicted" that 200,000 to 2 million Americans could die from the coronavirus pandemic, it was actually to get the American public to pay attention to social distancing recommendations.

First, models are only as good as their assumptions. Obviously, there was a lot unknown about this virus.

And models should never be used to assume that we have a number. You saw those numbers are quite staggering. You’ve got 200,000 to 2 million Americans are losing their lives before the fall. That’s a pretty staggering number.

CDC had models early on. We didn’t really publicize the models.

I think part of the importance of getting the American public’s attention that these models did, we really need the American public to be fully engaged now with great rigor and vigilance on the social distancing.

LINK

These so-called "experts" were telling president Trump last week, that despite social distancing, 100,000 to 240,000 Americans could die.

Published on March 31:

President Donald Trump warned of a "painful" and "tough" two-week stretch ahead as he extended nationwide distancing measures that -- even if followed closely -- could still mean more than 100,000 and up to 240,000 Americans die from coronavirus.

LINK

Now all of a sudden, they claim the death toll could be "much, much much lower."

The 'Experts' Were Wrong Again - Global Coronavirus Cases Appear to Have Peaked - Down 16% on April 4th and Then 15% on April 5th

California is one of the largest economies in the world, yet the entire state has been virtually shut down because 0.04%. of the population has confirmed infections and 0.0009%. of the population has died from the virus.

Makes one wonder whether the virus was used as an excuse to invoke panic, cause an economic collapse and allow state and local officials to control our lives.

Shelter in place orders should've been followed only for those over the age of 60, or people who had compromised immune systems...NOT BY EVERYONE.

There was no reason to cause an economic collapse that resulted in millions of Americans losing their jobs and crippling the lives of small business owners.

Now mental health call centers are overwhelmed with people calling in and drug overdoses and suicides are on the rise. All because of what? A BS model?

edit on 4/7/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Breaking Related???

Just Announced - Health and Human Services I.G. produces a "FAKE DOSSIER" over CoronaVirus-19.

Another Deep State IG: www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 4/7/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In other news water is wet.

We have a choice if this happens again, let hysteria dominate our lives once more or be practical and realistic.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When those projections were made, they were very clear that the death rate was based solely off of data from NY and NJ, and that it would change based on further testing.

(post by XCrycek removed for a manners violation)
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

I was saying this was overblown last month, long before it was cool for those sites to do it.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well that was a stupid.

*looks around at the current state of affairs*

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

In other news water is wet.

We have a choice if this happens again, let hysteria dominate our lives once more or be practical and realistic.

I'm betting more hysteria.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Shocked face.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Will anybody be held accountable for these over projections, that destroyed our economy?

That’s a big fat NO!

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

From left to right to up and down, people applying just a smidge of critical thinking can see this as a facade for something else.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

From left to right to up and down, people applying just a smidge of critical thinking can see this as a facade for something else.

I agree completely.
Keep your eyes and ears open people, be ready for anything.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

NY and NJ are clearly outliers. It's completely idiotic to base projections on outliers. So, they're either idiots, or essentially as valuable as pundits

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
They have another crisis to unveil soon.....China seems to be the current scapegoat. I wonder what those commies are up to now.....?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Try again...the information came from this interview.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was talking to my neighbor this morning in a subdivision from across a wide street. Can't do that in NY. I also have no neighbors behind my home for 1 mile. Grocery and mail can be dropped off far and away from anyone.

Can't do any of that in NY so common sense on anyone looking at a mode based off NY is basing it off of nonsense. Most of the country does not live anything like NY city. In fact, NY city should be thrown out of the model. They need their own specific model.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Shelter in place orders should've been followed only for those over the age of 60, or people who had compromised immune systems...NOT BY EVERYONE.

Only if that is their choice. Not just seniors or the vulnerable. But by anyone and everyone. If folks want to shelter-in-place, and/or take other precautionary measures, that is their absolute right and privilege.

Others, like myself, would prefer to just get the virus, treat ourselves accordingly, and be done with it. We also have that right and privilege.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I'm betting more hysteria.

Most of the nitwits fell for it so I'm not holding out hope.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I’ve been saying this since Coronavirus became a topic on ATS. I think the CDC should be shutdown and anyone involved in pushing out propaganda that has resulted in destroying our economy should face charges.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
< clears throat, coughs non-Corona cough >

Every single Panicky Polly that crapped all over threads that urged common sense thinking and disputed those a-skeery numbers owes every one of those thread OPs a big fat apology and to eat that plate of crow.

The lessons learned, boys and girls, is that you don't buy the drivel from the government mouths without question, and you don't let your emotions do the thinking, because they're too easy to manipulate.

It's a shame, however, that every bit of the OP is going to be completely ignored by certain pro-government ankle-biters, though, insisting that we need to keep up the restrictions charade anyway.
edit on 4/7/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join