It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York sees 75 percent drop in new coronavirus hospitalizations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

On Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters that in his state alone, the epicenter of the viral outbreak in the United States, new coronavirus hospitalizations dropped by about 75 percent, from 1,427 four days ago to 358 on Sunday.

Alex Berenson, former New York Times reporter ... observed on Twitter on Monday: “It’s over, guys. It’s already over.”

That means the number of hospitalizations across the United States earlier this month was much less ... than the number predicted by the IHME model.
The IHME model only got its hospitalizations forecasts right for one state — Missouri

Source

Here's some excellent news: New York is reporting that the number of people being admitted for hospitalization for Covid-19 has dropped sharply, by about 75%. We're also starting to see that many of the statistical models we've been using to gauge the danger of this virus have been completely wrong. In fact, the IHME model was wrong about predicted hospitalizations for all but one state.

As of present, it looks like the United States has about 307,320 confirmed cases, and about 8,360 deaths, out of a population of about 330,000,000.
Correct me if my math is wrong, but what this means is that less than 1 out of every 1,000 people is confirmed infected (in the US), and of those who are, only about 2.7% die - the vast majority of which are elderly and/or have serious underlying health conditions. Add to that the fact that many people who die with Covid-19 rather than because of it are being added to the death count.

Just for fun, I'll also point out that more people die of heart disease in 5 days than Covid-19 has killed since its beginning (both in the US).
edit on 4/7/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
You can't compare cases without an outcome yet to deaths.

If you compare outcomes, either recovery or death, the rate is 21% according to worldmeters. (Globally at least)

a reply to: trollz

edit on 7-4-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

So..they're finally reporting the real numbers...about time.

Thanks,
blend

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I'll believe it when they pull back the National Guard.

The controlling of the populace facet won't be easily given back.

We're past that now.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Maybe... because of all of the shelter in place and social distancing measures taken? The whole point it to slow the spread.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Social-distancing and shutdowns played a part, but not as big a role as Mother Nature: More sun, more heat, and less humidity.

I also think there are many people who knew how to take care of themselves, with nutritional, mineral and herbal supplements, and simply didn't develop complications that needed professional care.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
I'll believe it when they pull back the National Guard.

The controlling of the populace facet won't be easily given back.

We're past that now.

I really hope we're proven wrong about this...

But the tyrants have come out of their shell. And I don't just mean the political critters. I mean our fellow men and women who have shown their glee at bullying and dictating to their neighbors, no matter how much pain and suffering they inflict on others. Even death.

The critters know they have the support of too many people.

People are showing their true colors, and those colors cannot be unseen.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

When it come to cuomo, you have to take anything he says with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You can't compare cases without an outcome yet to deaths.

If you compare outcomes, either recovery or death, the rate is 21% according to worldmeters. (Globally at least)

Since not everyone is being tested, we have no way of knowing how many cases there are, so all of these numbers have very limited value. The numbers available -- meaning those we can know -- only apply to worst cases. That's not to say they don't have value, but only limited value.

My nephew's wife has pneumonia, presumed Covid-related but not tested, and the doctors sent her home and basically told my nephew to bring her back if she started turning blue. Their antibiotics may have kept her condition from getting worse, but it didn't make her better. She will never be included in their numbers. And maybe she shouldn't be. Maybe this isn't Covid-related. But we'll never know. Not her, or probably MILLIONS of other people.

And she is recovering. Now. But no thanks to doctors or pharmaceuticals. It's all to their own efforts.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Less people going to the hospital only means they rather stay at home even if they got sick.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"It's over " , some ex New York reporter says .

That's the worst thing you can possibly come out with in health vigilance terms ,: we'll take our interpretations from epidemiologists thanks.

And what does he mean ? A global pandemic is over , already over ,? This is just the start . When the port shuts down you LL want to have already looked ahead.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Stop giving false narratives. These people need something to fear or they will die.🤣😂😅

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Social-distancing and shutdowns played a part, but not as big a role as Mother Nature: More sun, more heat, and less humidity.

I also think there are many people who knew how to take care of themselves, with nutritional, mineral and herbal supplements, and simply didn't develop complications that needed professional care.

Baseball thinking of restarting in May
Think you and I had this discussion a month ago about just that..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this article

www.accuwe... ather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Heard similar statements from other countries the last couple months.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
A global pandemic is over , already over ,?

That's what happens when people start to fully grasp that flawed statistics were used, they catch on to the bull****.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Somehow I can't see New Yorkers following the rules and social distancing, no social crowds and no touchy, touchy.
Instead a loud indignation.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yes, I was reading this morning that one plan is for all games to be played at the Diamondbacks stadium in Phoenix, but no fans allowed. I read some concern for the players -- "all it takes is just one player to have it and pass it on and the whole baseball league will die of coronavirus! OMG!!!" -- but I'm thinking it might work rather well in practice. Playing in the sun, heat and dry air would actually be very healthy and healing for the players (especially with Covid) AND very unhealthy for the Covid for the same reason.

Yes, we did have this conversation A MONTH AGO (!!!) and it seems to be playing out just as advised and expected, eh? Well, at least by those who haven't lost their heads to fear and panic. Or agendas. It's telling that all of the models/projections completely ignore the known impact of increasing sunlight, warmth, and dry air on the viruses. Garbage in and garbage out.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Too late. They've already figured out how fast they can push the sheep and what methods are best for total control.

Game over.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: putnam6

Yes, I was reading this morning that one plan is for all games to be played at the Diamondbacks stadium in Phoenix, but no fans allowed. I read some concern for the players -- "all it takes is just one player to have it and pass it on and the whole baseball league will die of coronavirus! OMG!!!" -- but I'm thinking it might work rather well in practice. Playing in the sun, heat and dry air would actually be very healthy and healing for the players (especially with Covid) AND very unhealthy for the Covid for the same reason.

Yes, we did have this conversation A MONTH AGO (!!!) and it seems to be playing out just as advised and expected, eh? Well, at least by those who haven't lost their heads to fear and panic. Or agendas. It's telling that all of the models/projections completely ignore the known impact of increasing sunlight, warmth, and dry air on the viruses. Garbage in and garbage out.

As far as baseball goes they are already playing again in South Korea, players wear masks not sure of other procedures. But yea MLB seemed more concerned about coaches and the umpires, they might institute an electronic strike zone so umpires aren't huddled over a catcher, no mound visits and players may sit in the empty stands to maintain social distancing.

Here's hoping the weather is really zapping it along with us collectively getting some herd immunity as well. But even if this is just a respite till next fall it gives us a chance to find a treatment or vaccine and a chance to get some semblance of normal life back

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I hope their order for forty thousand ventilators can be cancelled. Coumo is listening to fake science, Many projections are out there, many of them are wrong. Fifteen thousand ventilators is plenty to have in that state even for an emergency like this, along with some they already have.

If you study real science a lot you see a lot of evidence that contradicts other evidence. It can even be double blind official evidence. It is the beliefs and desires of the people who want that evidence that steers parameters of the research and also interpretation of the research. Also, what is good for one ancestral group is often not good for another, and not always is what is good for the goose good for the gander.

Our medical system in this country is broken, too many prestigious experts that can not see anything other than what they are focused on. Their beliefs steer their comprehension. TDS is killing a lot of people, especially the conservative voters who trust in our overpriced for profit healthcare system.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join