It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old people would rather die than end their lives as trapped rats in a cage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

MSM talking point?

No Jamie, just someone unlucky enough to have been involved with this virus since day one in China.

If by using statistics and probability my choice to err on the side of caution is merely MSM propaganda... then yes I am happy to oblige for the forseeable future, until common sense or LOGIC means I campaign or question further. Now, only 2 weeks into the crisis I'll hold my breath....

25 years ago when I was young and foolish I'd have shared your views. I put you at about 25.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
america is a death cult, kill yourself.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

25 years ago when I was young and foolish I'd have shared your views. I put you at about 25.

I put you at about 12 mentally, my opening post stated that my mother is almost 80.

When you are 12 you accept what the more mature experienced people tell you, even if they are lying to exploit you - I feel sad for you.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Please Explain your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Yaaa... but they arent surrounded by family are they? Family might come around a couple times a month, heck some never come around. So sad that so many would rather die than be placed in a nursing home.

...or maybe you have an uncaring family
quit projecting

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Well, so sorry.. but I live in the US and only have experience with how things are here. But you are the one saying that they would rather die from covid than be alone.
I'm just saying here they are likely to be alone, without any family interaction for long extended periods of time, regardless if there is an epidemic or not. So just taking you own words, I can only assume that we have many that would prefer to be dead. Especially if you add in the neglect that many that require more extensive care have to endure. If you dont want your elderly loved ones to die on their repressed knees dont put them into these places unless you absolutely have no choice!! And, if you have to make sure the home you place them in knows that you care enough about them to check on them regularly and will be willing to fight for their rights if you have to.

Really it sounds to me like some are wanting to make it seem that we are just being oh so cruel by trying to isolate the elderly in an attempt to protect them when really what they want is an end to the inconvenience this has placed on them. It kind of brings to mind some of the arguments made by the antivaxers.. they shouldnt have to make sure their kids are immunized, what about their rights?? Those with compromised immunities or other reasons to need to be protected from these next to harmless diseases should just learn to take precautions..

Well, you cant have it both ways.. you cant say the the vulnerable should just take measures to avoid getting sick but then gripe and complain when the vulnerable end up being isolated claiming its cruel and inhumane.
We need testing, lots and lots of testing, often. Every other epidemic we separated the sick, tracked down those who came into contact with them and isolated them.. and, people were still wary and cautious about opening themselves up to exposure.

I dont know is yous had the polio epidemics in the 50s like we did in the us, but if you did, sit down with some of the 70 and 80 year olds, the govt didnt have to mandate anything.. the parents were terrified and just wouldnt let their kids go by pools or play with their friends if there was polio around.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I really liked what you where saying until.........

We need testing, lots and lots of testing, often.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
To sum it up from an old guy's perspective..

GIVE ME LIBERTY , OR GIVE ME DEATH !
Patrick Henry.
Eternal words.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Ain't projecting anything... and, my sons and me take care of each other..
I used to go with my friend to visit her uncle once in awhile... I am basing what I am saying on that experience.
Even in the 70s, many of them seemed to be quite lonely and i dont remember ever seeing anyone else in the place visiting people. I imagine people did, but i know there were some who we quite alone that were overjoyed just to have me pop in and chat awhile. The post that I responded to seems to say that those people would rather have been dead.. some would have rather still be living in their own home, some wished their kids would come visit them once in awhile. One lady was batty enough that she could have a good time regardless. But, no, I dont buy that they would have preferred to die in an epidemic that to have to suffer through a few weeks of isolation, many of them wouldnt have noticed a difference probably.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
To sum it up from an old guy's perspective..

GIVE ME LIBERTY , OR GIVE ME DEATH !
Patrick Henry.
Eternal words.

APPLAUSE - Thank You!

Goodnight - I will be here all week.

edit on 7-4-2020 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Either we separate those carrying the virus out of society for a time or we isolate first to protect our healthcare systems from being too overburdened and then to protect the most vulnerable. Do we quarentine the carriers, do we quarentine the most vulnerable, or do we quarentine everyone?

Typhoid Mary spent a good part of her life quarentined, as far as I know, she was never sick but she passed typhoid on to alot of people. My grandmother spent time in a sanitorium along with alot of others during one of the tuberclousis outbreaks. Whole families were quarentined if one of their members came down with polio. And, like I said, it really sounds like summertime was rather boring for kids back then.. but, it's kind of hard to quarentine if the disease can be spread before any symptoms show and often those symptoms are so mild they go unnoticed. So we seem to be missing the most effective tool in the toolbox this time.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I f_cking know it.

edit on 7-4-2020 by IredBafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Might help to keep in mind this is just temporary?
Might also help to keep in mind that we can all have a say on just how long temporary is?
Want temporary to end as quickly as possible, just do your part and stay away from each other as much as possible.
Want temporary to hang around for a few more months, into the summer, or into the fall?? Fine, head to the beach and mingle with the crowds till you become a statistic that will only provide justification to extending temporary further out.

As far as the nursing homes and the like. From the little experience I have had with them, they seem to be too restrictive in the best of times. Fully functional people shouldnt be in them to begin with. Only people who's medical needs have exceeded their children's ability to care for them should be. Too many, are there because their kids just dont want to be bothered even though they could.

Please explain how we'll beat Covid19 by staying in our homes?

You think this will be over with by Summer? That's delusional...sorry.

If everyone stayed home and didn't go anywhere at all, Covid19 will still be around in September...then, it's going to ramp up again. Rinse, and repeat.

You know how colds work right? This isn't going anywhere...

Nothing temporary about this.

Some form of this is the new normal, or it's all about to go to s#it, and the government will attempt to take full control.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It's easy to see from the comments, that many people are quite happy to throw old folks away. And then rationalize it away by blaming their family for throwing them away first... Especially if they think they're "saving" themselves.

Why am I surprised???? We live in a disposable society that's afraid of their own shadows.

I would much prefer to live on my feet. But if I have to make a choice, I will die on my feet before I live on my knees.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

how do you water the tree of liberty?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

how do you water the tree of liberty?

With blood?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IredBafi

yes, with blood of tyrants and patriots, americans are expected to sacrifice themselves and their countrymen for the goddess liberty.

death cult

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IredBafi

amazing song

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

If everyone stayed home and didn't go anywhere at all, Covid19 will still be around in September...then, it's going to ramp up again. Rinse, and repeat.

Some form of this is the new normal, or it's all about to go to s#it, and the government will attempt to take full control.

FFS it's not about defeating it but about getting it under control. No health system in the world can handle an uncontrolled pandemic.

Frankly I' am getting the impression that some people here on ATS, constantly downplaying the seriousness of the situation and posting crude conspiracy theories, want exatcly that. A full on uncontrolled pandemic with as many deaths as possible.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: MykeNukem

FFS it's not about defeating it but about getting it under control. No health system in the world can handle an uncontrolled pandemic.

Frankly I' am getting the impression that some people here on ATS, constantly downplaying the seriousness of the situation and posting crude conspiracy theories, want exatcly that. A full on uncontrolled pandemic with as many deaths as possible.

The only thing out of control is the media hype and government grabass...

Please tell me the date we cured the common cold? The flu?

This is far from temporary, think it through...
edit on 4/7/2020 by MykeNukem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join