It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s next Hyperinflation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Let’s say we survive covid and the comet, and even the pole shift or whatever.

Will we survive our own economy? I keep wondering if we will have
Hyperinflation like Venezuela.... Can you imagine 10K for a bag of bread?
Would Americans even be able to accept that?
How desperate are things going to get? I already see people freaking out over unemployment and
We’re barely in the beginning of it.

What is the possibility of deflation then hyperinflation? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yeah. We're done. They just destroyed the world economy over a damned flu. We'll be begging our governments to save us, and like the fine heroes they are, they'll step right up. Of course a lot of people are going to starve before that happens, but hey, progress.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Inflation is already happening and printing money accelerates it.

Very few places to keep any money you have. Gold, silver? The very poor will be priced out of food fast with no pay and climbing food prices. Paired up with diminished production and transport capability the availability of food will decrease and further drive up costs.

Things are not going well and I don't see any rapid road to recovery. Help your neighbors and stay safe. The wolves will be coming soon to prey on the weak and vulnerable.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
required digital ID is next

betcha....idk

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Jesus this site can be depressing. It MIGHT, just MIGHT, boom ffs. Peeps gonna want to take advantage of dirt cheap gas and travel. Peeps will go back to work and make money.

With luck, companies will move back from China.

I swear, people CRAVE doom and gloom. Its so pathetic.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Jesus this site can be depressing. It MIGHT, just MIGHT, boom ffs. Peeps gonna want to take advantage of dirt cheap gas and travel. Peeps will go back to work and make money.

With luck, companies will move back from China.

People going back to work 2 or more months behind and previously living payday to payday are not just going to bounce back. They'll have months of bills piled up on top of late fees.

I don't know if you looked around in the past couple decades, but when the economy booms wages don't seem to and all this "we care" bulls&@t being pushed by companies isn't going to extend from advertising platitudes into actual money for the recovery. The people most impacted will be years and years recovering.

There is no craving doom going on. It's a realistic expectation based on decades of history. Government loves to spend and print money and now everybody is cheering them on so that's not a real positive sign.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
required digital ID is next

betcha....idk

Betcha food lines come first, then rioting, then the digital ID, then sheepdip, then the demonisation of all who don't tow the line.....like China.

betcha.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I swear, some people learn nothing.

Even when the world SHOUTS messages in their face.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Possibility of US suffering hyperinflation is nil.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
So now its governments fault people make poor choices? Mmmkay.

I lost 90k on my house in the housing bust. I aint crying about it...I sucked it up, learned my lesson and moved on.
And I have looked around...i look at people taking out loans for christmas presents.

I know students maxing out student loans and 80% of that money going to non educational things.

People need to sit back and re evaluate priorities.. My grandparents did it during the depression. This aint snip.

a reply to: Ksihkehe

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
You are right. They just cover their eyes and ears and hope the bad man goes away.

a reply to: nerbot

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The increase of money supply is literally the definition of inflation. When the money supply increases fast, that's hyper-inflation. The money supply has increased by at least 28 trillion since the 2008 financial crisis. So we've been in a state of hyper-inflation since at least 2008. In terms of physical gold (real money), we are in a deflationary state. It takes less gold to buy the same item today as it did in the past but it takes more dollars today to buy the same item as it did in the past, except for oil & some foods. It can get confusing since we no longer have free markets in the world. Everything is artificially manipulated by the central banks. We're lucky we have the U.S. dollar as the global reserve currency. The global demand for the dollar keeps its purchasing power high but in terms of gold the dollar will continue to lose value. Gold always outperforms the dollar & markets in the long run. U.S. minted physical gold coins are trading @ 1900 per ounce right now. The DOW at its high last February was @ 29550 points. The price of gold in 1970, 1 year before we went off the gold standard was @ $38 per ounce & the DOW in 1970 was @ 750 points. U.S. physical gold has increased 50 times its value in dollars since 1970. The DOW at its high only increased 39.4 times in value since 1970. Gold has also outperformed the DOW over the past 100 years. By the nature of our debt based monetary system, central banks have to create exponentially more money (debt) in the future, otherwise the whole ponzi scheme will collapse. The price of a decent new car in 1970 was @ $3000. Today the price of a decent new car is @ $30000. 50 years from now the price of a cheap new car will be at least $300,000. This is because of inflation of the money supply. The U.S. dollar has lost @ 90% of its purchasing power since 1970 through inflation of the money supply.
edit on 7-4-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

So now its governments fault people make poor choices? Mmmkay.

I guess if it's the governments fault that corporations made poor choices then why not. Devaluation of the dollar is very much the fault of the government. Aside from that people being forced not to work isn't about their choices. What about small business that can't work and make money? Is it their fault they've been ordered to cease operation by politicians that are all too excited to use their new power?

I lost 90k on my house in the housing bust. I aint crying about it...I sucked it up, learned my lesson and moved on.
And I have looked around...i look at people taking out loans for christmas presents.

What's any of that got to do with government fueled devaluation of the dollar and corporate bailouts? What's it got to do with authoritarian politicians deciding whole states can't work because urban centers are having Corona outbreaks? If anything you should blame that housing crash on the piss poor government oversight of lenders. Unless you had an ARM, in that case it's on you.

I know students maxing out student loans and 80% of that money going to non educational things.

Talk to Bernie. I didn't say anything about student loan forgiveness. Don't support it.

People need to sit back and re evaluate priorities.. My grandparents did it during the depression. This aint snip.

Yes. People do. My priority is that the government stop spending my money like drunken sailors and stop the ever growing pit of endless programs that have no tangible benefit.

If you like the Fed printing money so that you can pay more for everything and then pay interest on it in future taxes then by all means cheer them on. If the people living paycheck to paycheck completely drop out of the system and stop paying bills that ripples through the whole economy. If you enjoy whatever wealth you've worked for then a devalued dollar and defaulted debt isn't your friend.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
the Hyperinflation event will be kicked-down-the-road when the UBI universal basic income is passed into Law

the COVID pandemic Relief $1,200 will likely become a permanent, monthly payout & evolve into the UBI $$

UBI will be US Treasury money... the Federal Reserve Notes will get devalued by the counterparty 'derivatives' that are part of the debt balloon mess the Fed/central bank has created allowed into existence

UBI, ID2020, Immunity Passports...we are in the NWO by now
edit on th30158626160507132020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ah it's nuts over here JAGStorm and really beginning to kick in now medically even our PM is bed ridden in hospital with the virus. Unintended (or is it) consequence of the crazy new world over here in the UK is this shutting down of the economy, while at the same time our government is going to pay the wages of 95% of workers, sure it's an honourable thing to do but where's the dosh going to come from? They borrowed loads already pay for our effectively broke nation following 1998 and it's gonna ne debts / lets's get printing more bank notes. Dunno where this is going to end up but inflation surely will follow? The effects on Britains economy which wa totally fake before the Coronas cam e along is now going off the edge of a cliff, we are also seeing masses of crime taking place as youths go looking for altern8 ways of funding their herois / cokes addiction marauding yobs everywhere. There are times when I so glad chose not to have kids as they are gonna be paying for this one way or another. Total chaos here in the UK just as you thought things couldn't get any worse post Brexit debacle

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You must be in the city. Us coutntry folk aint seen nuthin.
And you can keep your drug addicted county line
cretins in the city after all this is over thank you.

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You must be in the city. Us coutntry folk aint seen nuthin.
And you can keep your drug addicted county line
cretins in the city after all this is over thank you.

Yeah that's all well and done if you live in the States which is 40 (forty) times the size of the UK................. Even the nice zones are comparatively very close to the cities centres and what we are increasingly witnessing here are gangs of feral youths coming out of the cities and thieving off the country peoples who are generally living a nice peaceful and until recently crime free life. Its getting much worse over the past years and Coronas is only adding to the crimes wave and farmers in particular are getting robbed all the time, they're even taking their tractors and even tjeir eep! You are so lucky over there in USA where you live far far away from the bad zones

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Btw............. Not in the city but in your eyes probably would be considered a suburb over in the States even though it's a supposed village but the yobs are coming in for the pickings and our criminal justice system hardly bothers with jailing robbers any more as our gaols are already overflowing with crims and our gov't took our weapons away years ago, only weapon allowed now is a sub 3" knife or THEY will inprison you yourself for carrying a 3.5" knife when all you want is some defence against the criminals who just get a slap on the wrist like community service. It's all gone tits up here in UK since around 2001
Too many libs

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Except.....I live in Nemarket. The Suffolk one.

Notice my user name? Big airbase there. Lol

edit on 7-4-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You be talking bout gyppos matey. They been doing that snip before CV. I am betting crime has gone down now that everybody is home all day. 😅🤣

top topics

<<   2 >>

join