It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Examples of Symbolism in TV and Movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's not very well-written, but below is an article I put on my blog listing 20 examples of symbolism in TV and movies. If people think it's any good I might put the list up to 30 if I can get the images. The interpretations I give for some of the symbols you'll probably think are stupid, but I believe it.

chipstero7.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

Humans have 33 vertebrae. I have often thought this is the source of references to the number in literature, etc. I didn't read your entire blog post, but you've clearly put some work into it. I see no reason to disclaimer your work.

Why didn't you post it here?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Humans have 33 vertebrae. I have often thought this is the source of references to the number in literature, etc. I didn't read your entire blog post, but you've clearly put some work into it. I see no reason to disclaimer your work.

Why didn't you post it here?

And 33% of the angels fell in the rebellion.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Another one not mentiined is the black and white checker board.. Seen in many a rap/hiphop video..a reply to: Nathan-D

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Thanks I do have images for the checerkboard but can't find any useful information about it other than the standard explanation of it symbolizing "duality". I'm looking for something deeper though

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nathan-D
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Thanks I do have images for the checerkboard but can't find any useful information about it other than the standard explanation of it symbolizing "duality". I'm looking for something deeper though
Masonic floors

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The Kur'an contains 99 names (titles) of God.

It is said that the first 33 can be understood by the definitions in the text

The second 33 can by arrived at by drawing inferences from the text.

the final 33 can be understood from contemplation of God's divine nature.

And Idries Shah claimed that it's not the English letter "G" in the square and compasses. Since God only begins with a G in the germanic languages and not the Romance or Semitic ones. Nor is it Geometry.

It is the arabic letter whose numeric value is 100, rotated to the right. What people take to be G, but represents the 100th, 'ineffable' name of God. One only arrives at this name from direct experience of the Deity.

Some recite a prayer that addresses the Deity, "Not as we imagine you, but as you know yourself to be."

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Any thoughts on why this is so common?

Check out The View, June 23 episode, 6:40 mark or so.

'Abby is 33' (she is not en.wikipedia.org... )

Why does this number continue to show up?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Tarot cards are designed to present symbols to the reader so a person becomes more aware of patterns in their own life. The trick is to use the contemplation of your life and apply the patterns you see and take precautions and make positive changes to your life.

Human beings will work very hard to see patterns because we're built that way as animals, it it helps us survive (somewhat) unexpected things.

top topics

join