It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 is racist. I mean c'mon, you knew it was coming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The media has created all of the division in our country along with specific politicians and I am not talking about Donald Trump. 8 years ago it was Black vs White. Then it was Red vs Blue. Then it was Rich vs Poor. I guess since none of those worked we are back to race baiting but I want to offer a view on statistics and how the 'media' likes to play with them.

Link

Early data from U.S. states shows African Americans are more likely to die from COVID-19, highlighting longstanding disparities in health and inequalities in access to medical care, experts said.

In Illinois, black people make up about 30% of the state's cases and about 40% of its coronavirus-related deaths, according to statistics provided by the state's public health agency. However, African Americans make up just 14.6% of the state's population.

So, the virus is attacking black people more or are they dying from poor healthcare? I mean, from the statements above we could easily argue for either. What I find quite humorous is this...

In Michigan, black people account for 40% of the state's reported deaths, according to data released by the state, but its population is only 14% African American.

However, if I try the same thing with crime statistics no one in the media will listen or report it. the local binary barista would call me a redneck racist.In 2010 blacks made up 13% of the population but 40% of the US incarcerate population was black. Compared to 64% of the white population and 39% in jail.

See how easy it is to skew stats? Look up a CNN poll.

Folks, it is just again the sick way the media will take ANYTHING and make it about race...or gender...or (insert daily bitch session topic).

That makes the virus particularly dangerous for African Americans, who because of environmental and economic factors have higher rates of those illnesses, said Dr. Summer Johnson McGee, dean of the School of Health Sciences at the University of New Haven.

McGee said she was not surprised the U.S. black population is experiencing a worse outcome during the pandemic. Racism has led to a lack of investment in African American communities and worse health care for the population in general, McGee said.

"A pandemic just magnifies the disparities in healthcare that many communities of color face," she said.

So we then listen to comments like this above. How is the BLACK community fairing worse? Are they saying only poor black people get the virus because Tom Hanks is as white as they come. So is Boris over in the UK.

Maybe it is because of social distancing? Look at this...

Listen to how they treat these officers. But it is the racist COVID and Donald Trumps decisions killing everyone. I mean, if anything, with the numbers coming out of CA...it is not affecting them as much as the news wants to report. How many of those people do you think are sick now?

edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002020-04-06T16:07:46-05:000446 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The data is probably because of high rates of diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease in black community.

It has nothing to do with "longstanding disparities in health and inequalities in access to medical care" as some of the woke experts claim. It is entirely cultural.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It could also be because they tend to occupy the densest part of the urban core in many American cities too. And the high density areas are the ones with the highest rates of infection. We could also talk about the general disregard for law and order and wonder how they apply that to the idea of stay at home when it comes to the gang banging neighborhoods.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well of course it's racist...look at all the foreigners it killed...

But seriously...
Could it be?
The majority or the covid cases are in high population urban centers..
The exact places that have a higher African decent population....

We have also heard about this virus affecting people differently related to blood type so is it a big stretch it might effect a specific demographic more harshly?

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The media and DNC is racist, everyone else is normal.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's nothing personal. They have to do this for the survival of the party. If they lose anymore black voters they can't win elections. Pandering to illegal aliens, releasing prisoners and their #1 play is call anyone who disagrees with them racist. They even call black people who support Trump racist.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Don't worry. AOC is already on the case!

“COVID deaths are disproportionately spiking in Black + Brown communities,” Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) tweeted to her 6 million followers on Friday morning.
“Why? Because the chronic toll of redlining, environmental racism, wealth gap, etc. ARE underlying health conditions,” the Bronx-born lawmaker added.

“Inequality is a comorbidity. COVID relief should be drafted with a lens of reparations,” she wrote.

So there you are! She's fighting for them. They need virus reparations.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Eh, I've said it before and I'll say it again... I've been to the ER twice since the outbreak. No mention of payment was even brought up until after care was provided. Hospital empty. So... If you think you have it, go to the hospital. That's why they're there.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot Expressed outrage this morning that 70% of the people who died of covid-19 in Chicago are black.

She promises to get to the bottom of what's behind this racism.
edit on 4/6/2020 by carewemust because: Correcting voice transcription errors

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Try the stack and pack philosophy of the the new progressive sustainability model.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot Expressed outrage this morning that 70% of the people who died of covid-19 in Chicago are black.

She promises to get to the bottom of what's behind this racism.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's probably because of the "terrorist fist jab."

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sounds like the Democrat states and cities have failed to protect their own Citizens !!

🎱 👁️ 👁️ 🎱

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: carewemust

Try the stack and pack philosophy of the the new progressive sustainability model.

They didn't cry racism when thousands of Chinese people were dying.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Viruses don' t discriminate it does not matter your race.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They die more more often because of the darker skin. In the winter they can't make enough D3 as it is made from the sun and skin. Didn't the mass profit medical industry educate you poor simple people about that fact?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like the Democrat states and cities have failed to protect their own Citizens !!

🎱 👁️ 👁️ 🎱

Cuomo and de Blasio signed a notice back in 2018 certifying that they were ready for any bioterrorist attack.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
They die more more often because of the darker skin. In the winter they can't make enough D3 as it is made from the sun and skin. Didn't the mass profit medical industry educate you poor simple people about that fact?

So black people trade skin cancer for covid-19?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Viruses don' t discriminate it does not matter your race.

Sorry, but covid-19 is setting a new standard. President Trump said yesterday that this enemy is vicious and smart.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
They have every right to say what they are saying, and frankly more of us need to do what they re doing. It is time to #occupythestreets !!

The only shame is, if any of those fools actually vote, they will vote for the same dictators already lording over them like Monarchs. Same thing in Cali Illinois and New York.
edit on 4-6-2020 by worldstarcountry because: oh that was Cali, I thought it was Illinois.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

So black people trade skin cancer for covid-19?

Exactly.

The average annual melanoma rate among Caucasians is about 22 cases per 100,000 people. In comparison, African Americans have an incidence of one case per 100,000 people. ... Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the most common skin cancer among African Americans and Asian Indians.

Skin cancers are less prevalent in nonwhite racial ethnic groups, but when they occur, they tend to be diagnosed at a later stage and, as a result, have a worse prognosis. One study, for example, found an average five-year melanoma survival rate of only 65 percent in black people versus 91 percent in white people.

Source

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join