It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are infecting yourself....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So, I'm a germophobe. Have been for years.

So This whole thing has been moderately amusing to me with the whole...erm wash your hands, stop rubbing # all over your face thing.

I've always been leery of high traffic items(door handles, carts, gas pumps, hand shakes, etc).

But this is next level to me. The only thing I notice these days is my hair. Given all other "surfaces" I'm much more aware of my hair these days.

I'm thinking of shaving it clean, right down to the scalp. Going robert duvall thx style...

We all need to do our part to fulfill this legacy of fear...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

edit on 6-4-2020 by IredBafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Always had a mancrush in a non sexual way on Yul Brynner

Must be that Magnificent 7 thing

Do it for the ”Yul”

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The above two responses to your OP have me feeling really behind the times. What are you guys attempting to convey?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Stay home....

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The above two responses to your OP have me feeling really behind the times. What are you guys attempting to convey?

I was going with "I'm not a gay guy, but shaved guys turn me on".

Which is fine!

And ETA... Yul Brynner could sexually excite a soap dish. He was HOT.

So I completely understand that part.

edit on 6-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
So, I'm a germophobe. Have been for years.

So This whole thing has been moderately amusing to me with the whole...erm wash your hands, stop rubbing # all over your face thing.

I've always been leery of high traffic items(door handles, carts, gas pumps, hand shakes, etc).

But this is next level to me. The only thing I notice these days is my hair. Given all other "surfaces" I'm much more aware of my hair these days.

I'm thinking of shaving it clean, right down to the scalp. Going robert duvall thx style...

We all need to do our part to fulfill this legacy of fear...

The Bacterial Dust now playing a part in transmission settles on everything hair bald heads and hats and surgical Caps and it acts like Dust you can shake it off....its like little time-bombs.

I have already gone clean shaven and am preparing to shave the dome clean as well they are Bacterial Dust magnets.....on correct logical principal and to also defy the Pandemic.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That's assuming poor covid hygiene.

I get home, I have a 50 Iso 50 distilled water spray I wipe down my truck, goods and hands with. The only outlier is my long luscious locks....if I was shaved clean, I'd wipe down my head, face and neck.

The only way to truly outrun this, is a whole body shave. Time to embrace it.
edit on 6-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Been buzzin my head since the 80's right down to the scalp, Just like how it feels and maintainence is a breeze.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I shave me head on a regular basis, have my own trimmers.

I do it twice a week keep it nice and tight

The ladies love running their hands over it, its a non verbal pick up line

You will get more female attention for sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i CBA googling the exact refferences , but :

tilda swinton [ in some super hero flik ]

the young lady from some star trek film

if i is going to have errotic fantasies about shaved heads - they is going to be female

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Duvall

OG

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Been buzzin my head since the 80's right down to the scalp, Just like how it feels and maintainence is a breeze.

I've been waiting for my hair to thin out, I'll jump at that opportunity to go straight statham with my hairdo.

The point though, is that if you have hair and touch it often that's worse than your face.

Before you put your gloves or facemask on, you better have shaved yourself clean right down to the eyebrows.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The image I have in my head is that dude Butterfield from lord of illusions, hes shaved right down to the eyebrows.

Always reminded me of the guy that played pink in the movie about pink floyd.

Point is, he ain't got no covid hiding in his hair, also it's a nice reference to a great film...lord of illusions.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Exposure to germs is healthy and builds a good immune system.

There are many studies that demonstrate that the obsession with home hygiene (sterilising everything) has led to the rise in asthma because children are deprived environments from which to develop a half decent immune system.

Of course there are also other reasons for asthma, but the “hygiene hypothesis” is part of the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

ok - a sensible answer to the OP topic :

" bare below the elbow " [ obviously this still reccomends surgical gloves ]

is the topic of a circular on treating casualties in the feild

but where possible - and esp if treating multiple patients - the new reccomendation - for N19COVID control is " bare below the elbow "

thats hear [ UK ]

because unlike our " usual outwear - that is often dirty , loose fitting and a nightmare for cross contamination

bare arms - can be washed // treated with sanitiser

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
The Bacterial Dust now playing a part in transmission settles on everything hair bald heads and hats and surgical Caps and it acts like Dust you can shake it off....its like little time-bombs.

Woke up to light but persistent rain today here in SW France.

At the back of my mind I am grateful, but feel sorry for those in the hotter countries or those in a dry spell who would not get a "rinse cycle".

Conspiracy: Is this why spring came about SIX WEEKS early here and we have had little if no rain for ages? Engineered weather to accommodate...something.
edit on 6/4/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
So , what about fingernails ?
No matter how closely trimmed , they are still be one of the most dangerous parts of one's body.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
So , what about fingernails ?
No matter how closely trimmed , they are still be one of the most dangerous parts of one's body.

Most useful too, I can undo some screws with my talons and need strong toenail clippers to trim my fingernails.

Also, I think there are more dangerous parts too if you are talking about cleanliness. Beards for instance that can harbour nasties.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
so bacteria aren't viruses. fyi

a reply to: one4all

top topics

<<   2 >>

join