It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Cure" Is Worse Than The Disease

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The "cure" from the global shut down is going to prove to be so much worse than had the actual virus just run its natural course as all viruses do. Some of you may think I am advocating for the death of hundreds of thousands and I can assure you I am not. However, I do advocate that we should not continue the global shut down and shuttering of business world wide.

We should return to work and continue to use the same safety precautions whenever possible. If you are sick (with any sickness) then you simply do not go into work. If you have a cough (but are no longer sick) then you wear a mask. We continue the self maintenance with hand washing, ongoing disinfection of common areas, etc. Basically, the stuff we all know we should be doing.

And, yes, there will be people who get sick from this and other viruses and yes I understand that some people are going to unfortunately die. But the world will continue to revolve and industry and economies will continue to operate which is what is desperately needed.

The alternative is to continue this ridiculous shut down policy which will 100% insure there will be no economy and no society to return to once this peak passes. Because guess what? This virus will renew in the fall when temperatures drop and when viruses tend to stay around longer and we will go through yet another massive wave of spread. It happens with all viruses and this one will be no different.

H1N1 is still the predominant viral strain circulating the globe and has been doing so since 2009. Why does everyone not realize that Covid-19 is here to stay and will be here for many, many, years from now? It MUST be allowed to integrate naturally into our eco system or we will all literally perish as a result of not allowing it to.

People will no longer have any means necessary in which to provide for food, home, etc. If people adopt the flight mentality versus the fight mentality then we are done folks.

The sooner we allow this virus to integrate into the masses the sooner antibodies can be built up in our immune systems and the sooner this virus will began to have its curve flattened over a long enough period of time. Those who get sick and recover can donate their plasma to those who have not yet contracted the disease and that will help them build antibodies. This will help make us healthier as a global population. It is the only thing that is going to work. Vaccines take years to develop. Whatever we can try we need to try but I know this "shelter in place" mentality is the wrong way to go about it. This virus is not going away.

We do not have years to wait huddled inside.

edit on 5-4-2020 by Case74282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Case74282

Add this to the endless threads that have been posted about this same topic.

Our economy is gone. It took around 5 years to recoup from the 08’ crash. Which was child’s play compared to this. Think about that...

The question now is — what are you going to do about it?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The Virus is only a part of the disastrous end result from the coming (in progress) economic meltdown.

Get ready to be very afraid !! 👿 😈

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It depends on one's perspective and goal.

If President Trump loses to Joe Biden over this over-hyped Hysteria that is temporarily paralyzing the US economy, Democrats will feel that The Cure was worth the suffering involved.

edit on 4/5/2020 by carewemust because: Corrected voice transcription errors.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Virus is only a part of the disastrous end result from the coming (in progress) economic meltdown.

No, it'll be all good by Easter.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm going to use an Australianism here I'm sure you can follow; the horse has bolted on a return to normal.

Various economies are already in more trouble than after the 08 GFC and recovery wont begin for weeks or months.

As KKLOCO asked, what are you going to do about it?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What will be good by Easter? trump said it was a Democrat hoax and nothing to worry about. I heard him....
edit on 5-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What will be good by Easter? trump said it was a Democrat hoax and nothing to worry about. I heard him....

Yeah, that.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yeah.

We're pretty much f#cked.

*shrugs*

I mean, I'm a fat old man and I can see it.

Our government has well and truely screwed us over.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

We're good to go now in most States!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Trumps been spewing more nonsense sh!t recently, than I can recount.

I can’t decide. In my mind, I see two options in regards to Trump, since the “pandemic”:

1. He’s in complete denial. Narcissistic enough and above it all to really care.

2. He was programmed from the beginning, to refute and act against — the rest of the establishment. Covid-19 was his Trigger switch to become a B!tch.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'll explain it in a thread after I get home tonight.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Melodrama. All we're being asked is to stay home and watch Netflix. How hard is that?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Melodrama. All we're being asked is to stay home and watch Netflix. How hard is that?

Wait another month dude. You’ll see just how hard it is for some....

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

You don't have to wait that long. It's documented that most Americans have less than a month of living expenses stashed away.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The question now is — what are you going to do about it?

Me personally, I have continued to do as much as I can pre-shut down. I have not sheltered in place. I still go out as much as needed which candidly isn't needed that much but I still do my activities as I did prior to the sheep melting down.

In the past if I was ever sick (very rare) I didn't go into public as I felt it better to remain home and not potentially affect anyone. Always been courteous of others so I don't approach Covid-19 any differently. Personally, I think I contracted this virus 6 months ago. I recall there being a wave of sickness that swept the US that was referred to in the news as a "severe upper respiratory infection" and nearly everyone I knew had it. It was the sickest I've ever been and as I said before I never really get sick. At least not in this way.

I'm waiting for the test that is being developed to see if I have antibodies in my system. When I find that I do then I am going to donate my plasma to those who have not yet been infected so it helps them build antibodies.

That's what I've been doing and will continue to do. Live life man. It's what we all need to do.

edit on 5-4-2020 by Case74282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: chr0naut

We're good to go now in most States!

Where, to Mexico?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This "cure" is seriously super strong antibiotic that kills pretty much anything and everything. If it's the malaria treatment that I read about some years back. If I understood back when, it was stronger than anything available short of clorox.

I can't see how something like this can fix you when you have something as serious as this virus. The virus is doing damage to your system - mad damage. So the cure is to throw something against it that's pretty iffy itself? It's like killing Corona with Corona. Doesn't make much sense. I didn't think you could use that stuff with a weak system or it would kill you.

If the body isn't weak from the virus, I just don't know.

It's ok though. The false prophet, Bill Gates will fix it for us all. He's out predicted Trump on the amount of possible deaths (wont be that bad - Bill says so). It would not surprise me if Bill Gates didn't run for some office of power sometime soon.

In the meantime... I feel this virus is real but I'm finding it really hard to believe that it just happened to come into existence all by itself without purpose.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It depends on one's perspective and goal.

If President Trump loses to Joe Biden over this over-hyped Hysteria that is temporarily paralyzing the US economy, Democrats will feel that The Cure was worth the suffering involved.

That's 7 months from now. We don't have 7 months. We have maybe 2 more months at most before we suffer irreparable damage.

And there will be no economy and no society to partake in if this ridiculous shut down goes for 7 months.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I'm going to use an Australianism here I'm sure you can follow; the horse has bolted on a return to normal.

Various economies are already in more trouble than after the 08 GFC and recovery wont begin for weeks or months.

As KKLOCO asked, what are you going to do about it?

I responded to his question which to you I will answer differently. The answer is in the OP itself. We have to return to doing what we were doing virus be damned. I'm doing everything I can to live as I lived before the sheep melt down. I'll continue to live my life in the way I did as best I can considering the situation we are all now forced to live within.

Only we can change that. I'm doing my part. Will you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join