It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stockpiles....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've been thinking a lot about the idea, and practice of stockpiles. What is it that I stockpile? Just in normal times and how that serves me in times like these. I'm finding that some of those things I always minimally stockpile have come in handy over the last month. These are habits I learned from my parents and continued throughout life and I am calmer for them.

Then there are the areas I wasn't too prepared in - most notable - medication and isopropyl alcohol - I always have some but it seems to be on my personal 'just in time' supply chain. It has been stressful to remedy those items, and the alcohol is still in short supply, but fortunately manageable.

But this idea of stockpiles extends beyond the individual to towns, cities, etc. While I never leave my gas tank less then half full, I cannot stockpile gasoline. While I can keep first aide supplies always plentiful for my car and my home, I can't do it for my neighborhood.

You get the point.

I just read an article, quoting Martin L. King Jr and the Christian Bible on how our stockpiles reflect our values and thought to share it.

On this day in 1967, one year before he was killed, Martin Luther King Jr. delivered a speech at New York’s Riverside Church titled “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence,

” that speaks to the present situation where weapons of mass destruction have priority over instruments of healing. “A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift,” Dr. King declared, “is approaching spiritual death.”

In this speech Dr. King labeled the “triple evils of militarism, racism, and materialism” and he lamented that “adventures like Vietnam continued to draw men and skills and money like some demonic destructive suction tube” while human needs, especially those of the poor, went unmet.

Among the synonyms for the word “stockpile,” along with “cache,” “hoard,” “store” and “lay-away” is the word “treasure.”

We stockpile what is valuable to us, the things that we treasure, what we want to keep for the future.

Jesus said, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

Judging by our budget priorities, preserving the threat of nuclear destruction is closer to our collective heart than even our health and our lives and we have arrived at the spiritual death Dr. King warned of 52 years ago.

Blessings from your source of Belief.

edit on 5-4-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I practice the Three A's philosophy: Armaments, Ammunition and Alcohol.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Gotta have that beer..

Don`t want to catch that crow disease.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Both my wife and I enjoyed reading your post.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I practice the Three A's philosophy: Armaments, Ammunition and Alcohol.

Law is more my style

Lead, alcohol and weed

Same thing basicaly

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I picked up two more bottles of isopropyl back in February, about two weeks before we started seeing the TP craze, knowing it night get hard to find.
It sure did! I've not seen it in stock anywhere.
The hardware store still has methanol denatured ethanol, which would work in a pinch...
But that's one item I'll be stocking more of in the future.
Also, apparently TP.
I've not seen it for sale in months, and I'll be out in about four weeks. I lucked out, and just happened to restock the week before it became a problem. Had my timing been worse I'd be using old socks!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

pah - ameteur .

i has C.A.N.

chocolate , alchahol , nukes

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
chocolate , alchahol , nukes

Seems like you've been partaking of said stockpile.

top topics

join