It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the previous Administration deplete the N95 stockpile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am not posting this to cheerlead Trump, I am posting this to show both parties have failed us epically yet again and the problem extends past 1 man or 1 party so why dont we try something novel and hold both parties resposnsible for failing we the people.

Yahoo/USA today

“After the swine flu epidemic in 2009, a safety-equipment industry association and a federally sponsored task force both recommended that depleted supplies of N95 respirator masks, which filter out airborne particles, be replenished by the stockpile,” the Los Angeles Times reported.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Perhaps there was enough for domestic or the Americas (as in the continents) but did not predict a global pandemic.

Either way, at the end of the day the feds and most state governments were not ready.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I was having a conversation with someone yesterday about this.

How can you prepare for a pandemic?

Do you build hospitals, equip them, staff them and keep them empty until a pandemic comes?

It's just not logically feasible.

Did the previous admin not prepare for the eventuality of a pandemic?

Sure.

They also didn't prepare for a massive asteroid strike from the planet Grombloo to eat all our tomato plants.

Not going to defend the past administration, but I'm not going to blame them either.

No one has a crystal ball. Except gypsies.

Gypsies 2020

edit on 5-4-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

That's a fair while ago now.

But it is clear that most governments did not have sufficient contingency for events like this, despite the fact that we (as a species) know they happen frequently.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yup it was a while ago which makes it even worse in my opinion nether party when they had the reigns did a thing to replenish the stockpiles and we should hold them both accountable.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

But it is clear that most governments did not have sufficient contingency for events like this, despite the fact that we (as a species) know they happen frequently.

Back to an earlier comment, how do you prepare for something you are not sure is going to happen or when?

If Yellowstone were to blow next month as it is inevitable based on historical studies, what should Trump be doing now? Should he evacuate Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas now or have blood on his hands?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

we had established a stockpile of medical gear just in case years ago and we didnt bother to keep it topped up.

That's honestly about all you can do is have common medical items with a shelf life on hand just in case.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yup it was a while ago which makes it even worse in my opinion nether party when they had the reigns did a thing to replenish the stockpiles and we should hold them both accountable.

How do you know what is in the FEMA warehouses. imo there are plenty of stockpiles; for some reason this is a manufactured crisis.

Very much like 911 and the Gulf of Tonkin
edit on 5-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Back to an earlier comment, how do you prepare for something you are not sure is going to happen or when?

If Yellowstone were to blow next month as it is inevitable based on historical studies, what should Trump be doing now? Should he evacuate Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas now or have blood on his hands?

To be fair, I imagine the cost of evacuating a state far outweighs the cost of millions of face masks. One thing is doable, the other not so much.

And I seem to recall that FEMA was stockpiling millions of disposable coffins. Perhaps the money would be better spent elsewhere?

edit on 5/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Irishhaf

How do you know what is in the FEMA warehouses. imo there are plenty of stockpiles; for some reason this is a manufactured crisis.

Very much like 911

Much like how Coumo is now a medical expert and knows exactly what his state is short of.
But when he was asked 5 years ago to order more "supplies" he was all like, Nah....

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

To be fair, I imagine the cost of evacuating a state far outweighs the cost of millions of face masks.

And I seem to recall that FEMA was stockpiling millions of disposable coffins. Perhaps the money would be better spent elsewhere?

But there was a significant earthquake in Idaho last week. We know that Yellowstone will blow, right?

If it does will Chuck Todd be spouting off about Trump having blood on his hands again for not evacuating these states now?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Did you know that in order to build a hospital you have to get permission from the government?
There are many questions needing answered before permission is granted.

The number of beds must be justified...
You want 500 beds but they say you only need 300.

You must also prove that the area you want to build your hospital “needs” a hospital..

This is all in an effort to keep the government from being billed because so many are on Medicare and Medicaid..

I know the owner of a large contractor building additions on to parkview hospital in fort Wayne.

Basically it’s impossible to be prepared for a pandemic.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The need for N-95 mask would be greater than ever if Yellowstone blows. I am a guilty as anyone. I did keep a couple of boxes of the mask in my shelter, but I used them up on a home improvement project, finishing sheetrock and I didn’t replace them.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

To be fair, I imagine the cost of evacuating a state far outweighs the cost of millions of face masks.

But there was a significant earthquake in Idaho last week. We know that Yellowstone will blow, right?

If it does will Chuck Todd be spouting off about Trump having blood on his hands again for not evacuating these states now?

If Yellowstone blows its top, there won’t be anywhere to evacuate too.
A super volcano will mean extinction of 95% of the world’s population.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

And a wonderful example of hyperbole in this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

That’s not an exaggeration actually....
The rest of the thread though... I agree.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

are you aware of the " all or nothing " doctrine ?

its a concept of battleship design from the early 20th century

primer

the TL : DR

if an armour sheme cannot stop the AP shells from a vesseels enemies - then no armour should be fitted - leading to just critical areas - having massive armour belts - and all others unprotected

the principle has its use in logistics too - do you flan and attempt to equip yourself for every percieved eventuality - real or imaginary - or do nothing and hope for the best ?

you are correct - we cannot have all the materiale en placed to be ready for EVERYTHING

but we should have a ready stock - to deal with sensible and predictable events

i have attempted to educate several on this - in other threads - often - to no avail

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well what is Trump waiting for? He needs to figure out where the 5% are going to be able to make it and move everyone there....

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

That’s not an exaggeration actually....
The rest of the thread though... I agree.

Oh please.

Comparing a super volcano eruption that has not happened in hundreds of thousands of years to a pandemic that has happened numerous times in the past 1000 years is most assuredly hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I didn’t compare the two.
My comment was a response to another poster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join