It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Nelson Mandela know about the Mandela effect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been answered before, but I was listening an online discussion about the Mandela effect, and one of the participants asked what Nelson Mandela thought about the Mandela effect, and nobody in the discussion knew if he was aware of it and if he was what he might think about it.

Does anybody know if he actually knew about the Mandela effect, or if he ever made any public or private comments on it?

And yes, I know that it's named after him and wasn't invented by him. I'm just interested in whether he had any opinion on it.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
He thought he was a Bernstein bear didn’t he?
a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Mandela effect came into being after the death of Nelson Mandela , it was coined by a woman who thought Mandela was still alive when she was told he was actually dead so no Nelson Mandela didn't know of the Mandela effect.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Mandela effect came into being after the death of Nelson Mandela , it was coined by a woman who thought Mandela was still alive when she was told he was actually dead so no Nelson Mandela didn't know of the Mandela effect.

A lot of people thought Nelson Mandela died in the 1980s in prison. When he died in 2013, those people were shocked to hear that he died because they thought he was already dead a long time ago.

The woman, Fiona Broome, didn't think he was still alive but that he was already long dead.
edit on 5-4-2020 by BlancheDevereaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
wasnt there a book that said he died in prison?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BlancheDevereaux

The woman, Fiona Broome, didn't think he was still alive but that he was already long dead.

The frailties of memory (mine in this case) , thanks for the clarification.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Saw the thread title and thought it was a great question! But didn't realize the idea didn't start until after he died. I was thinking it started when he was released from prison and people were confused, thinking he had already died in prison.

I always went back to Ice-T's "Prepared to Die" spoken word from the 1991 O.G. allbum. Listened to this regularly. Like most young, white, suburban males (lol) I had the entire album memorized word for word in the early 90's.

Cause Mandela did 27 hard ones
Not in a windowed room
But in a barred one
While his wife had tears in her eyes
The man is a hero
He needs a Nobel Prize
But that will never happen
So I'm gonna keep rappin'
Freein' my brothers' minds
From their entrapment
To silence the Ice, they'll probably
Put a bullet in me
But I'm prepared to die
And Mandela's free!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

nelson mandela - actually invented " teh mandela effect " - it was the result of a 10rand bet with then RSA president PW botha - to persuade the world that he was dead

it got a bit out of hand - and botha refused to pay his debt - both are dead now - DEFFO

so - i can reveal this safley

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is an excellent question

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is literally the dumbest question I think I have heard. The Mandella effect....is about his death. How would one know about this when one is dead?

Not trying to be rude. I just HAD to chime in on this one.

top topics

join