It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody on ATS actually believe in Purgatory ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ever considered this is purgatory?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thanks for the reminder let them be condemned who have despoiled the delicate deliberately.
Better for them that they'd burned their hands .

One hopes they re well shuttered in by the lockdowns and that at least some children are safer for their abusers being somewhat confined and schools being shut.

Priests and professionals and certain women are often undercooked as child abusers , not just your average dirty old men . It's those we want , those mfs are some of the most dangerous people on this earth .

Perhaps this is a time of purgatory for all , of moral reckoning and having kept faith would stand you in good stead .

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IredBafi

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: bally001

Wasn’t the Ten Commandments handed to Moses for the Hebrew covenant
Following the Ten Commandments would make you Jewish not christian

Christianity is like a version of Judaism made for the goyim. With less hellfire and blood of first born sons and more love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek.

If that’s your opinion you are seriously self delusional
Jesus ended the Judaic faith completely, hence why they killed Him.
Hence why the Jews won’t accept him

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: Raggedyman

Interesting observation. I am a catholic and in my education, (many years) - as such, I was taught to adhere to the 10 commandments. But I am not Jewish.

I relate to my religious upbringing but don't enforce my beliefs upon anyone. Hence 'RC' on any application I made years ago. I was only making a comment on this topic.

Kind regards,

bally

Not arguing, just don’t think the 10 commandments reflect what Jesus taught.
He spent quite a lot of His time fighting the religious authorities of His time
Made those who accepted Him as all priests.

That and said that Christians are now under grace and not the law
Can’t be under the law and under grace at the same time

Not telling you what to believe, Was a Catholic once myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
naw...and the catholic teach that an unbaptized baby can't do better than purgatory

slobs
edit on 5-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I didnt, but after this quarantine crap....hells yeah!!!

Purgatory was made up cuz the church needed money to finish St. peters. So perps could make a donation and not have to go.

Religion is such a scam.
edit on 5-4-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Any religion which is actively recruting members like you're too dummy to choose, any religion that consider their book as the exact wording of God (ya right God sent a fax, and is so limited as to speak in human words) is whoring. Religions were and should be guidelines to be a better person, not an elite club of a few chosen who knows it all.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

You should read the bible.....and find out the truth about it.
Then again I heard Catholics aren't known to verify from the bible what the clergy teaches.
In the past if people did read the bible and they discovered the clergy was lying...well heretics were not treated kindly for many centuries, it hard to shake that embedded religious culture.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I find this quote great, if he said it or not who knows.

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

edit on 5-4-2020 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Catholics aren’t real Christians. They are whores for money.

Am I now?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sheol/Hades would pretty much be the bible's version of purgatory since it is the Land of the Dead. Elysian fields was akin to heaven an was supposedly adapted to it later while Tartarus was for the big bads like the Titans.

Sheol was very much the same in that way and had no heaven or hell, and was interchangeable with Hades(not so much the god but his realm I guess).

I'm pretty sure the bible also has no law against suicide ( not that I'm advocating it) and was only introduced by the Church.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Self-murder....murder still
But it will be forgiven because it's always a mental issue.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So where was Jesus when he was dead and sent the man on to heaven rather than hell?

Not catholic, dated a few, but not where I have my understanding of purgatory/limbo from.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

So where was Jesus when he was dead

Since he was resurrected about 3 days later after his death, this tells you he was actually dead, the equivalent of a person or spirit soul sleeping.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Want to not edit out the operative of the question and try again?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Is purgatory the same place as outer darkness? It's not heave nor is it hell. It is a place of separation from the presence of God, for the unfaithful servant, it's not a place for the unsaved.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
So where was Jesus when he was dead and sent the man on to heaven rather than hell?

Not catholic, dated a few, but not where I have my understanding of purgatory/limbo from.

The theif on the cross did no go to heaven but to Abraham's bosom. This the the same place all pre resurrection saints of the OT.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join