It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lift Restriction for Prescriptions from Online Doctor Appointments!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Seeing a doctor online via apps has become increasingly popular but there are restrictions on the drugs they can prescribe. The laws have good intentions however given the current circumstances I think it would be beneficial for both doctors and patients if those restrictions were lifted.

Taking vitals can be done at home at home, and doctors can use a microphone to listen to heart and breathing rythyms and many people have or can get automatic blood pressure testing devices at prices far cheaper than the average doctor visit(or monthly insurance premium).

While there is no substitute for a face to face, hands on doctor visit, given the current pandemic and our level of technology we can take care of a basic medical and psychiatric needs from online appointments.

Lifting restrictions on prescriptions will make a world of difference for doctors and their patients.
edit on 4-4-2020 by jrod because: Typogremlins

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

In GA the Governor signed an order that lets a pharmacist refill a script with no refills if the pharmacist can't contact the Dr. who wrote it.

Of course some of the meds most needed by some are not included (schedule 2 drugs). Anyone on benzos, opiates or other schedule 2 drugs could get very sick or even die if they stop taking the drug cold turkey.

This could cause them to turn to the street and be killed by a dangerous street drug. Glad I am not taking any of these meds.

edit on 4-4-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I take 18 diff meds a day, most of which are restricted. I have been able to obtain ALL of my meds on schedule thus far.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Good to know, what state are you in?

The regulations vary from state to state.

top topics

join