It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Series Review... Futureman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So, this is less of a review of the current season(3) that is now streaming on HULU(it is the last season, from what they say).

More of a heads up. I watched the first one years ago when it come out. It's a bit on the odd end, certainly off the beaten path for most networks(streaming or otherwise).

Slightly campy, dark humor and even the first season seemed doomed due to it's "niche" nature.

But another season came(2)(last year, i was happy to watch it) and even then it seemed doomed.

Now the last season dropped, for a total of 3. I'm a few episodes in. So like I said, less of an overall review but maybe a heads up. It's odd, funny and falls well into "cult" status.

If you have never watched any of it, now is a good time given the whole thing is now on streaming.

As per IMDB,

"Josh Futturman, a janitor by day and a gamer by night, is recruited by mysterious visitors to travel through time to prevent the extinction of humanity."

Basically a unwilling participate is dragged into a multi-time scenario of helping future mercenaries right the wrongs of the future under the pretense that his success at a video game is a sign that he is their savior. It's a nice little plot vessel that actually takes a back seat to the characters which are done pretty well. While it sounds heavy, plot wise, it's just an enjoyable watch and somewhat unique given what most shows seem to take on.

I recommend it, moreso now that it's all there and you could binge through it in 2 weeks(instead of 2 years, like I had to wait).
edit on 4-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This show is like a back to the future parody wrapped in a #storm of stupidity.

I'm thinking that's the best way to sum it up at this point.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030
Yep, a $hitstorm of stupidity all right. I loved the first season but the second kinda drifted off for me. I'll get to this new season when I can. Only when my wife is away cuz she hates that kind of stuff. Now I have to wait and hope she takes a nap.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Stupidity is amusing, to most of us.

I'm sorry she didn't like it.

I'm also sorry you don't seem to have a few minutes away from her watchful eye to enjoy such...stupidity.

In a way though, were could it go? Such a disjointed crap fest.

All I remember liking in season 2 is wolf being knee deep in the 80's, that was funny.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The crisis is making people appreciate tv shows and movies that were considered bad before. No more gourmet tv.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Alright who`s gonna charge up with me?

edit on 4-4-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's great. I remember laughing alot in season 1. Its a cool wierd sci fi throwback to
the 80s. But orginal in its own right.

Put this show in your rat hole and enjoy. It's awesome.

edit on 4-4-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join