It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Review.... Sonic the Hedgehog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Not much to go in depth about on this one.

It's just a "classic" night at the movies.

It's fun, entertaining and appropriate for all ages.

The humor is fun the principal is simple and all you are left with is a few laughs laced with a simple story that is entertaining with some characters you care about.

It's a basic movie formula, that seems to escape much of hollywood these days.

Jim Carrey did a great job, he usually does, his performance in this is good enough that you forget how big of a tard he is IRL.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Carrey, ugh Carrey. At least America took him off our hands from Canada.

a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

edit on 4-4-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Carrey, ugh Carrey. At least America took him off our hands from Canada.

It's a sad story, a story that is often the case. Great actor, horrible human being, or atleast that's what he wishes to portray when off screen.

I liked the good old days(I'm not that old, born in 1980) when major film stars kept to themselves and kept their mouths shut.

Nobody want's to know the "real" you, we just want our idealized fantasy of how great you are. Stars used to get that, if for no other reason to protect their "image" and keep the bucks rolling in.

I still like him though, for his acting. I probably couldn't sit in a bar with him for more than 2 or 3 drinks.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
Not much to go in depth about on this one.

No mention of how they listened to fans instead of chastising them outright? *cough* Disney *cough*

No mention of the coordinated effort to downplay its success compared to the floppy Harley Quinn movie?

edit on 4-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

No mention of how they listened to fans instead of chastising them outright? *cough* Disney *cough*

No mention of the coordinated effort to downplay its success compared to the floppy Harley Quinn movie?

Why, anyone that knows it knows it.

In the end it turned out to be a nice little film.

I made a quip about that in my OP.

"It's a basic movie formula, that seems to escape much of hollywood these days."

Yes, whomever was in charge made a great move in listening to feedback and giving the fans what they presumably wanted. Instead of driving sour grapes down their throats and telling them it was gourmet cheese cake like some #stain elitist.

I firmly believe that will pass and in years to come people will get back to making what fans want, and not what they "think" they want. It will be direct to video of course, cuz virus....

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

Also, if you remember correctly the sonic team caught HUGE flack from pedowood when they "listened" to the "fandom" and made corrections.

In the end it made a better film which likely meant better revenue. That's totally an affront to the jamming of narratives down the throats of paying consumers.

They took the chance, did the right thing and came out better, in the publics eyes.

That deserves recognition, bucking the trend, and all that.
edit on 4-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I loved this movie. I took the whole family to the theater before movies started closing. Great all around fun and mostly family friendly.

My only complaint was the main actors colonoscopy joke in the car. No need for that in a family movie.

new topics

top topics

join