It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broadband engineers threatened due to 5G coronavirus conspiracies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: nerbot

How is that answering the question. It is one thing maintiaing existing networks which I fully support. But 5g is not existing it is new and is not used for the health service yet. So the article in my opinion looks like propoganda

Glad someone is on the ball. Thanks for being alert, we need lerts.

I had a t-shirt back in the 80s that said "Be Alert - The World Needs More Lerts". That's funny that you mentioned it.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Gothmog
Haha you have no imagination, that is exactly what they want, it's imagination that builds the world you see, with no imagination you are living in somebody else's world.. I guess you have an interior decorator and a garden landscaper also.... You stick to recipes and don't add cheeses cause you imagined cheese with it. Basically a robot without a mind of its own.
Congratulations

No , no it is not.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I had a t-shirt back in the 80s that said "Be Alert - The World Needs More Lerts". That's funny that you mentioned it.

That's probably where I remember it from.

I think there was a cartoon character on it too. Dr Seuss or Mordillo or the like.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Wow, I messed that up. Sorry about that, I can't go back and edit it now. It was actually supposed to be a reply to itisnotnow, not you. My apologies.

No worries, it's nice you recognise what happened. Kudos 2 U. (that's "mobile" speak isn't it?) lol

Scared? No way. I don't believe anything 3,4,5G is affecting any virus, I think it's a totally separate issue.

I think it could be the other way round. The virus and the activity surrounding it could affect the technology with the new social needs for communication.

cheers.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

My whole business, life-like immersive realtime environments, for building lifecycle operation, will take as much speed as you can give me.

One of my apps, when live linked to 1000's of assets across a building, being used in realtime to navigate or one of any number of countless activities, will chew up 50mbps easily.

Honestly, I'd be happy if they moved straight to 6G... lol... just thought I'd add my two cents.

Cheers

edit on 5-4-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In the UK it appears to be getting quite bad. Sadly a lot of the hysteria is caused by absolutely clueless people trying to analyse equipment that they consider to be 5G.

Even the LED street lighting in the UK is a target! These videos are widely disseminated within the die-hard conspiracy community and it all gets out of hand. I can't stress enough the utter technical ignorance of this person trying to analyse the equipment.

This is what it results in!

This is during lock down in the UK.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
One of my apps, when live linked to 1000's of assets across a building, being used in realtime to navigate or one of any number of countless activities, will chew up 50mbps easily.

Sorry, but your "need" is unjustified imo.

I live in the middle of nowhere and get 22Mbps as regular. That's not even considering the new fibre optic installations that will soon be ready for connection...that I don't need.

Also, 4G, 5G or anything in future isn't JUST about speed but HOW it functions.

Thanks for the imput.

Sadly, MOST people who have posted in this thread have missed to point I was trying to make completely.

The virus, I believe in part, is to put so much strain on the system because of lockdowns and evolving working from home potential that the new 5G will be hard for most to refuse and common opinion will overrule common sense.

Bear in mind, that the new 5G infrastructure may not be used INITIALLY causing health problems but who's to say there aren't functions that can be switched on or off independant of the functions used for regular communication.

Time obviously will tell.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo
Even the LED street lighting in the UK is a target! ]

That is a whole different ball game and should NOT be ignored.

There is a TED talk that shows an LED lightbulb that can do more than provide allumination.

Ted Talk...LED to light and communicate.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

You make some good point's but how do we know this is hysteria and not just common all garden vandalism that has gone on since the year zero.

Kid's even used to climb up (Shinny up) the old lamp posts to borrow the the light sensor that just turned and unplugged to use for there own invention's etc though back then we did have plenty of Tandy's around were the same component's and a bit of bread board could be picked up for about a couple of quid - Tandy's sadly closed being the UK branch of Radio Shack and that left us with Maplin but they have now folded as well (there is still RS but with there competitors out of the way prices are now less competitive if you catch my drift and I have not seen a retail RS in my life unless there were some down south that is).

But that said you do know there is mounting argument AGAINST LED street light's, they are fine as on off light's for your PC or even a pocket LED torch but what you call hysteria may well be rather more grounded in people's right to be concerned when a technology that has NOT been thoroughly proven to be safe is rolled out against there wishes in the living space and surrounding area.

Flourescent are one thing they are perfectly safe except for the slight chance of seizure in photo sensitive people but LED's though they are far lower voltage may cause retinal damage.

metro.co.uk...

So were do you draw the line, does that guy that want's to broadcast high frequency radiation through you (old TV's CRT used to emit low level's of X-ray but even they may have been safer) so that he can make profit for his company have your full backing and if so what makes your opinion that it is fine if he does that to you means' that it is fine that he does that to other's whom disagree.

My opinion the public should have a vote on the matter, they should be educated to the pro's and con's and what we really do and do not know about bathing people in vast amount's of high frequency radiation and unnatural spectrum's of high frequency flickering lights.

And what the hell was wrong with the old Sodium street lamp's anyway, other than a few back garden city center amateur star gazers being upset by the yellow underbelly of the cloud's they could not see through anyway they did there job very well AND the problem has never been how much energy we use NO MATTER how much the corporate owned government want's to push us into using MICRO WAVE EMITTING Smart meters from everything from electricity to water and next probably the air we breath it was rather actually always to do with WHERE we get that energy from.

Today they are touting Nuclear power but that is just storing up serious problem's literally for the future and is far from the green solution they claim BUT there is big private money involved SO?.

Wind energy has it's draw back's but did you know about Salters Duck.

We are an island man with some of the most active and choppy seas in the world, seldom are they calm and we have major erosion on stretches of the east coast were entire town's, city's and villages have disappeared since roman time's as we have lost many score of miles of our island to the sea there, this duck created by Salter would have solved that AND turned that energy into electricity BUT money was the argument again, they did a costing and decided against it when higher up's in the then government decided it would be a threat to OIL and COAL job's - and profit's - so the decimal point was MOVED to the right in the costing making it appear many time's more expensive than it actually would have been to set up a trial scheme and it was effectively suppressed by what amount's to government orchestrated fraud.

Put then around the towers that off shore wind farm's use to lift there prop's above the water and use them as an anchor point and you have two sources of green energy in one location, problem for the wind energy industry is then the bulk of there energy would come not from the less efficient wind turbines but instead from the far more efficient wave generators.

So you see we do not NEED these LED's that are actually more ecologically damaging to produce than an old fashioned light bulb, we do not need these smart meters what we need is a government OF the PEOPLE and FOR the PEOPLE, only the US currently has a government that claim's that (but it is not), but in reality like our own it is OF the ELITE and FOR the ELITE if rather more for there investment's these day's and only half halfheartedly and begrudgingly for the actual people of our nation.

Like many other's you have probably been taken in by the brain washing tactic's and propaganda used to drive the so called (but that is anything BUT) Green revolution and new technology's, yes we have to develop new technology's that is common sense but to get brainwashed hippy's on board was a master stroke of those that just wanted to push THERE product onto us and to force us to lose our traditional and perfectly well functioning technology's so that they could make a killing on the stock markets, they count on us to be dumb, really dumb and so far they have gotten away with leading us up the ramp into the slaughter house van.

edit on 5-4-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just thought I'd pop my own 5G conspiracy to this thread.
yes, it can be used to track you with much better resolution than current 2G/3G/4G.
iirc 5G is an amalgam of 5th Gen Cell networks, and Sub-mm wave wireless.
It is required to have multiple anttenae in 5G capable phones.

The higher speeds are generated through multiple MIMO channels at the same time.
these channels can be connected to more than one cell tower, as more emitters/receivers are needed per Square Km.

More connected towers, means you can be located very precisely.
Higher bandwidth means not only you have better DL, but also that anyone can upload the entire contents of your phone much, much quicker.

Here's a few links to Cell location services/applications in real life :

Accurate Location detection - 911 App

Wiki

Evolution of Positioning Techniques in Cellular Networks, from 2G to 4G

Wifi is actually more of a problem for privacy :
Your router’s Wi-Fi signal can be used to create a 3D holographic map of your house
Newer Wifi enables a higher resolution image, especially if you have a nice expensive MIMO router

Also, Vayyar, a company that uses UWB (Ultra Wide Band) to see through cinderblock walls and such, mainly for hostage situations where you want to 'take out the bad guy'.
About Vayyar

Israeli Startup Develops Device That Sees Through Walls

4D Imaging Firm Raises $109M for ‘See Through Walls’ Tech

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Great points, don't forget Tidal Power, though scuppered now in the UK iirc.

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon

Wiki on it

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Now that is interesting, I wonder if they can use passive scanning and rely on the wi-fi signals already becoming present everywhere to provide the back lighting (Well RF field's) they are using to digitally illuminate there target through those wall's.

Something tell's me this has probably already been around for a long time but there novel approach will probably be the frequency's they are using AND if possible that potential to use passive scanning reliant upon already saturated areas to see, I also wonder if a Faraday cage would obstruct there technology and if so how effective it would be.

That deserves it's own thread in a weapons and technology forum, very interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
.... I also wonder if a Faraday cage would obstruct there technology and if so how effective it would be.

I have my roof to renovate and was going to cover the whole thing in multilayer foil type insulation.

Is it possible to make it into a faraday cage by some means? Earthing around the perimeter down the walls or something like that?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

.... I also wonder if a Faraday cage would obstruct there technology and if so how effective it would be.

I have my roof to renovate and was going to cover the whole thing in multilayer foil type insulation.

Is it possible to make it into a faraday cage by some means? Earthing around the perimeter down the walls or something like that?

During the lockdown, you could make a small model of your house (or approximation) and try it out on a small scale.
You'd have to leave area's for windows anyway (and much smaller in a model), so you could use those to see inside the model, and check any equipment you have to detect EM fields or signals.

CPU-Z for mobile phones has a screen that shows most of your phones sensors, like proximity, azimuth, and magnetic field. The cell reception strength would also be a good measure.
GPS apps also have a 'signal strength' that could be used.

edit : For magnetic field, you could approach a magnet to the outside of the model, after testing it works without the model through just the air. Might need a strong magnet.
I try it on my speakers at home, and I have to get quite close (they are shielded though...)
edit on 5-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added edit

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It would cost a bit to do it properly, think about the way a piece of coaxial cable is insulated to shield it against both incoming and outgoing RF energy such as that used for your Cable TV or Antenna cable.

There are plenty of con artists making a packet of money from fake RF shielding clothing and paint's but here is how to do it properly.

As you can see it can be a bit costly.
On the subject here is another one.

To be fair I believe it would only really be useful for people whom are RF sensitive BUT that is a condition that has not even been accepted as real yet by the majority of the medical and scientific community though there are ROGUE doctors and scientists that having studied it do accept it as a reality, the are putting there careers and reputations on the line however and also blacklisting themselves to many corporate employers whom will then refuse to hire them for obvious reason's.

OR if you just want to live in a radio frequency quite space, does it help or is it really just a Placebo (sugar pill) that makes them feel better.

I Am on the wall mostly but do believe there is truth in the claim that harm is being done to organism's and believe that the evidence is all around us though much of it can be argued to have other sources than the RF saturation that our grandparent's never had to endure.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

5g when absorbed by the skin is mutagenic that is a fact. The frequency jump from 4g to 5g is a just from mhz to ghz. There are many scientists and people that work in the field saying this is bad stuff and need to be tested, Of course you could just trust the private companies to do the testing.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Funny to find someone boasting about having no imagination left lol. Nice hemisphere balance right up there buddy!

What would have been of the world without visionaries and their imagination.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
CNN reporting that Covid virus may have been in the human population for years prior to the outbreak.

Wonder what the catalyst could have been?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

5g when absorbed by the skin is mutagenic that is a fact. The frequency jump from 4g to 5g is a just from mhz to ghz. There are many scientists and people that work in the field saying this is bad stuff and need to be tested, Of course you could just trust the private companies to do the testing.

4g operates in the Ghz range as well.

I guess you are worried about all the 5ghz and 2.4ghz WiFi routers pumping out masses of microwaves in practically every building in the developed world, TV transmitters interlinked by microwave transceivers, GPS radio data flooding the entire surface of the world by orbital satellites, emergency service vehicles with powerful onboard high frequency trancievers, electric and modern cars with built in WiFi and 4g network uplinks

oh, and the microwave in your kitchen which even if only slightly damaged on the seal is capable of putting out up to a kilowatt of high energy microwaves.
edit on 5-4-2020 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
CNN reporting that Covid virus may have been in the human population for years prior to the outbreak.

Link?

edit on 4/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join