It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social distancing / social division as the new norm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: Gothmog
XMIlitary can't trust no one?

That is almost a triple negative... if X is included.

Sorry but Klingon is my first language.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Could be a great way for those big data collectors online to really up their games! All the video-calling to record, social media record!

Also I heard of an app being used in U.K. (I believe it was U.K.). It's used track you AND everyone you come near. In the vein of being albe to trace all contact if you become infected.

On one hand, good idea to these technologies - but on the other hand, damn! I value my privacy, you know?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
New norm. Yeah maybe.

Did HIV create any persistent changes in behavior?

AIDS or HIV or both?

Answer would still be yes
edit on 4-4-2020 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Privacy has taken a backseat for some time now, we have rfid chips in our licences, passports. You carry a smartphone ? There are cameras every where that tag you when you go past them, frequent flyer points and flybys etc etc, all tracking you, what you eat, who eat with etc, don't get me started on social media and the Facebook generation that need to tell everyone everything they are doing everytime they do it...

Privacy my ass.
edit on 4-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
I had an epiphany about this global pandemic situation and how it’s being hijacked by the worst of mankind.

It’s already showing that neighbors will turn on neighbors, friends will tattle on friends... there is no loyalty to anything other than fear and self preservation.

Is that how life is in your town now? You're in the Northeast U.S.??

Thankfully no, not where I live. Not yet at least.

I am in the northeast though. I’m closer to DC than I’m comfortable with these days to be honest lol.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
a reply to: Phage

No doubt... when SHTF, it turns out we have plenty in common with other animals.

I’ll go out on a limb and say that Phage’s reply was sarcasm!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The 'solutions are far, far worse than the problems are.

Since they have created these problems, first of all, because they want 'solutions' to become accepted. If we all keep on blindly accepting whatever they demand, then we will all be doomed, one day.

This virus they themselves developed, and spread around the world at the same time, is their excuse for everything else afterwards.

All sorts of viruses act the same way, in general. It will eventually stop working, or far less effective than before, when it starts to dissipate, we build up an immunity to it, naturally, and so on.

A virus is strongest, most lethal, at first. Then it slowly, inevitably, loses it's effectiveness, until it dies away for good.

That's why they have to continually develop and introduce new strains of a virus, which we know very well, or should know, anyway.

There are new strains of the flu all the time, year after year, which never existed before then.

How would there be so many new strains of flu, for example, caused naturally, without human involvement? It wouldn't happen naturally, since it never did, years ago.

We only had the flu, one single type of flu, and that's it. For centuries, we had one single virus known as influenza, the flu, or 'la grippe', en francais.

If it was natural for a virus like influenza to develop new strains, new forms, on it's own, over time, or other factors, like the environment, or so forth, then how come new strains of the flu didn't appear anytime, over the centuries, back then?

People died in their 30's or 40's, and living to 70 was very rare, so our general health was far worse, than it is today, so that's not a factor. We were also living on streets, in rat-infested cities, with poor nutrition. All sorts of people caught diseases back then, as a result of those brutal conditions we lived in, so a virus like the flu would flourish, and create new strains, if it was natural for the flu to morph into other, new strains.

The new strains are created by humans, obviously. This is the only way it COULD happen, in fact. And it's all thanks to 'science', that we now have all sorts of different strains of these viruses, today!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Like the instinct to put your seat belt on when you get in the car (to the point it feels wrong driving without it on), so too is it for me with the traditional hand-shake. I'm actually surprised how often I have to pull myself up regarding this custom on greeting folks that way - even 3-4 weeks after implementing the S.D rule. Its frustrating, its one change in behaviour I have a hard time adjusting to & personally hope it's not long lasting.

A persons hand shake says a lot about them IMO.

Hmmmn agreed......... so much more civil and respectful than the current

SWJ's *group hugs.*

top topics

<< 1   >>

join