It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live forever - A chip IN your brain 2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Accoutrements I can plug in and take out easily, at will, sure. Implants that wire me in to The Collective: Absolutely not. That makes you nothing more than a battery in a machine. "Eternal Life", Altered Carbon-style? Hell to the NO.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

THAT will NOT be LIFE, there will be no consciousness only a simulation of mind thought process made in a digital simulation of the brain.

Ever see how a DAC/ADC work's, sample to the nearest bit, 8/16/32/64/128/256/512 or 1024 on a digital scale.

That is how your nervous system will be recorded and unlike this Sampled, condensed version that will end up being NOTHING like you your own brain does not sample to the nearest bit in the same way, also the analogy of your brain being like a computer is wrong in my opinion there has been evidence that some other parts of your body for example store memory and even personality trait's such as your heart and stomach which after your brain and spine are the two most complex nerve region's in your body.

So a chip sampling brainwaves is supposed to make you immortal, sorry I shall stick with the quantum model of parallel universe crossover and consciousness continuation even after the death of the body or as some folk's like to call it Soul.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

How is it any different than going to sleep each night and waking up each morning? Objectively, I mean.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I’ll wait for someone who isn’t a massive lying tax-evading fraudster running multiple pyramid schemes to do it.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I’ll wait for someone who isn’t a massive lying tax-evading fraudster running multiple pyramid schemes to do it.

He's A False Profit
edit on 4-4-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

How is it any different than going to sleep each night and waking up each morning? Objectively, I mean.

When you go to bed and wake up - you're not going in with one body and waking up with another.

In this case, you would be using two different lives. Yes, the simulation may think it's you but YOU cease to exist. You close your eyes and you don't wake up. Your alter does. You no longer have a connection to your thoughts or memories. Your conscious or soul does not carry over with it.

For instance...

Scenario 1:
- Close your eyes right now and open them. Everything that is you carries on and is ongoing.

Scenario 2:
- Close your eyes right now and keep them shut forever. It doesn't matter that your stimuli carries over to a robot. It's that fact that you will never know it because you never woke up. You would never dream, think, have emotions, nothing... just nothingness. You would just no longer exist so the copy of you isn't you.

If you deemed yourself important enough to contribute to the world around you, then maybe it might be worth it to go on continuing the work you started when you were alive but other than that, it would be completely pointless because you, the original, would cease to exist and you would never get to experience what your robot other will.
edit on 4-4-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Why would I want to live forever? I can barely stand this place as it is, and I've only been here for 32 years.

Hard pass from this guy.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

IF and they can not and are no where near to being able to do so since the human brain still work's in ways that the best computer engineer in the world still does - not - understand, it may function as a kind of interface as well and also a holographic quantum computer would be the closest we could potentially come to as an analogy but even that would NOT be the same as our living body and brain - which is not separate except for argument's sake.

BUT if they could store mind's and memory's and even create virtual world's though it would be like condemning our copy's to an eternal perdition it would still be the perfect time capsule to preserve and extend a lasting memory of our race even into a time when it has long passed.

BUT if we have soul's would we even allow such a soulless abomination to come into being.

For what but an abomination can this be called?.

It would cheapen human life and be abused by a tiny elite whom are arguably already soulless lacking empathy sociopath's.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Would the upload be venerable to data corruption like PC's of today and would it show up as digital dementia?

and if so would we be constantly bombard with malware, firewall and internet security software ad's?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join