It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live forever - A chip IN your brain 2020

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow.

"Elon Musk wants to hook your brain directly up to computers — Starting this year."

THIS:

"Such an interface, he claimed, would allow "anyone who wants to have superhuman cognition — anyone who wants." At some point, he said, people would be able to "upload into a new unit, literally," when they die. "

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 4/3/2020 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Nope, sign me up I absolutely cannot wait. I dont covet my meat mobile nearly as much as most. We will see who is laughing when I am out flexing on the organics in my ED 209 suite. Dead or alive, you are coming with me and Robocop.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I don't mean to overreact here but I'd rather be dead than live in a world of biomechanical zombies.

I am pro human spirit, using the human body to do work and live in society. A dwindling thing in these days of "I don't want to lift a finger, I'll let the app do it for me."

Heck, the way humanity is going, it's looking like evolution into a small blob hooked up to a feeding tube that never moves and exists entirely in a digital society. Matrix, much? Whatever life includes the least amount of...well...living...seems to be the hot seller.

Now. If someone could make a biologically based brain extension (think external hard drive) for all those extra memories, I might consider investing...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I am down with it but I just don't want someone to hack my unit and control my body. Besides that eventually everyone will have one. Stuff is going to get fun, I believe this is going to be the next big thing. Just wish he would hurry it up and get me one, I could use one for sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's not as if it hasn't been a topic of science fiction for quite some time.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That depends. It would be cool to learn new skills by simply "downloading" them. Instant communication with the technology surrounding us without an extra interface.

Philosophically speaking I can see how that has to inevitably split humanity into two races. "Pureists" and "cyborgs".

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Everything about Musk disgusts me.

There is nothing good in what he does or who he is.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
Wow.

"Elon Musk wants to hook your brain directly up to computers — starting this year."

"While Neuralink "aspirationally" hopes to implant the first chip in a human patient before the end of 2020, Musk acknowledged that the larger goal will take a long time. Still, the ultimate hope is for "some sort of symbiosis with artificial intelligence," which he said would take root "at the civilizational scale."

www.nbcnews.com...

Symbiosis with computers. Comments? Is this going too far?

So it can do exactly what?

I'm sure some of the possible applications could be mind-blowing, but some of the others could be used for nefarious or controlling reasons. Hell, I don't like how intrusive some apps are on my phone.

That's just off the top of my head

#1 Tracking
#2 Surveillance
#3 Eavesdropping
#4 Intellectually Property

Plus I can never find my charger cord when I need it LOL

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm choosing death before entering a global collective hive mind, inhabited and ruled by people I'm not exactly fond of.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

One of the many real dangers of this tech would be the "extra memory" or whatever else part you buy now be a requirement for a job tomorrow
edit on 2020 4 3 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
When I watched the film 'Chappie' I was horrified at the end when they put the woman into a robot...... she did not consent!!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The prelude to the Matrix movies.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So it’s the plot of the show “altered carbon” on Netflix
I hope I get to be an “envoy”

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No thanks. I've seen H+ so I'm not going anywhere near this crap.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The only chip that will ever be inside me will be covered in ketchup first served on a plate next to a burger of fish.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Where do I sign up?
I'm ready to trade this bio suit for something that doesn't hurt so much!

Not sure about the 'forever' part though.... but maybe long enough to figure out what happens to consciousness after death

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Would the upload be venerable to data corruption like PC's of today and would it show up as digital dementia?
edit on 3-4-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I don't get this concept.

People are so bent on technology keeping them alive forever but does anyone really stop and think that YOU do not live on? A replica of your memories may live on but YOU die. It's not like waking up from anesthesia where everything is black and poof, you're awake again. It's an end of your conscious or soul and the start of a new replica of what technology creates from various stimuli that you experienced in your life. You don't get to go with it. Only a semblance of you. You will very much cease to exist while your computer programed photograph of you might go on.

No such thing as eternal life (in this sense) unless you can keep a brain alive without it eventually dying, which it will. Your brain does have an expiration date just like your body.
edit on 3-4-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Live forever in this crap? What the hell for?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, you'll never get to heaven if you're stuck in a man-made digital Hell for eternity. No thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join