It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What When & Where: missing products on store shelves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

People making sure the food pantries have plenty?
Food producers or distributors creating a fake shortage to drive up prices?
Distributors making sure larger metropolitan areas are well stocked at the expense of the less populated areas?
Just a few thoughts that have come to mind.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How about 50,000 kids in the Dallas area suddenly stop eating lunch in the school cafeteria and start grazing in the mom's fridge and pantry.

Not a net change, but a radical alteration in style of prep and means of delivery. That could cause a hiccup.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Haven't been able to find yeast for weeks now here in France. Flour is getting scarce too.

Bread is and has always been a fundamental here.

If bread or ingredients run out, there will be another revolution.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 3-4-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
paper products and eggs...

for some reason tp, towels and eggs are gone within minutes of hitting the shelfs.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well... chickens sold out already..
Let's see what is still available on my list around midnight when go back to reserve a time..
As it is, think I said screw it.. it's a fend for yourself night in my house. Save tonight's meal for tomorrow. Theres a few cans of soup and some hot pockets for them. I had my 8 crackers with peanut butter for the day...
If the hamburg disappears before I order, I just wont order and hit the danged stores tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I have my own chickens; but the girls are getting older and I had intended to replace them this spring. But all the hatcheries are sold out through summer. They call it "stress buying" and they say it happens every election year. coronavirus or no.

My local feed store has that 4th variety, which I don't need.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Still the same shortages up here. Very little rice, pasta, soups, no TP or paper towels, almost no hand soap or dish soap. Even the dishwasher soap is bare. We at least have some chicken and beef now, and some eggs, but the price of roasts has more than doubled. 60 dollars Canadian for a roast. That's ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Middle Tennessee, and I've had no difficulty finding what I need when I go into stores. I've asked my parents, and they have told me that they have been able to get everything they need.

But most people here are still working. For everything that's been going on it seems like life is continuing just fine. The cyclists and joggers are out, people are still going to the park.

The only places where you're reminded that it's not business as usual is at stores, because they only care about liability, and convincing you to do business with them because of how much they care.

Actually, I'm happy that people are staying home. The traffic is so much better. I don't have to deal with as many anniying people.

It may be a rude thought, but heck just the other day I thought to myself that all the bad drivers and generally unpleasant people are the ones staying home freaking out.

Call me an asshole, but I'm enjoying it.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

10 lb roast??
I refused to buy roasts (unless they were on sale or reduced for quick sale) before this crap hit. Guess I can forget finding anything reduced for quick sale now.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
In WI there was a shortage on TP, meat, eggs, and milk a while back. All that seems to be available again. Now it seems to be limited to cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
In Bellingham Wa. Most stores have no Lysol or other disinfectant aerosols. Finally found plenty of TP and paper towels at a Fred Myers.
Also tons of food at Fred Myers, but much bare shelves at Safeway, also the Safeway store is price gouging on obscure products when someone buys some of it every day for 3 or more days then they jack up the price by 20 percent even though the regular price has been 20 percent lower for years.

In northern Washington state where you would definitely expect stupidity and unconstitutional orders to obey non existent laws like faux banning of buying a product that an idiot dictates that you don't need, they haven't tried to go that far here yet. The lack of obedience or respect of the bill of rights and the US constitution is still very popular with Governor Inslee and our democrat run legislature and prosecutors who really and truly hate the constitution, since it interferes and is quite contrary to their personal views (which they deem has no difference or pertinence to their official views.)

No Lysol spray, no hand sanitizer is biggest noticeable oddity. People are still buying TV's and luxury items without any hassle.
Any ban on your personal right to buy whatever the F you want should be met with very stern opposition, and vote them out next time, but in Washington State people keep voting for their own enslavement and life torture.

There are odd patterns emerging however that show this crisis is not being allowed to go to waste by our spiritually corrupt and highly deceptive upper level officials.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Much easier to post a list of the over-stocked
stuff that nobody realty thinks of as essentials.
There is a lot of potato-chips,
junk 'food', and no shortage of frozen imported pizza.
Although there is also no shortage of fresh
veggies, or fruit; however frozen veggies and fruit
are sparse. Seems most people are stocking up
their freezers.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I can't find yeast anywhere. Not the regional trade hub even.

trying to grow local wild yeast. I am trying to start a mother with nothing but sugar flour n water

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
In WI there was a shortage on TP, meat, eggs, and milk a while back. All that seems to be available again. Now it seems to be limited to cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer.

Lots of stores have hand sanitizer, however they are not putting them on the shelves.... they are keeping them for store employees. I have heard this from two different sources.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

add to the list:
yeast to make bread

same here. Luckily I bought a few packs last month...and right after that I haven't seen any since - anywhere!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

add to the list:
yeast to make bread

You can make bread without yeast...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog

Lots of stores have hand sanitizer, however they are not putting them on the shelves.... they are keeping them for store employees. I have heard this from two different sources.

I can vouch for that. Cleaning supplies and masks are being reserved for employers, and being put out on the shelves a couple of boxes at a time to prevent individuals from being a holes and buying up the entire inventory.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

You can also start a wild mother.

Basically a cup of milk, a cup of sugar, and a cup of flour. in a bowl with no metal tools ever touching the mother. wooden or plastic or glass only.

Stir them up and stir them every day for 4 days. on day 5 you add another cup each of the three ingredients.
do the same on day 10.

on day 14, pull off a cup of the mother and mix it into your bread recipe where it says add yeast.

you can find endless variations online. Try San Francisco sourdough. (They didn't have dried yeast in 1849, and the mothers never survived crossing the desert of Utah. so they made their own with Californian wild yeasts.)

my mother will be ready to contribute in a couple of days.

edit on 4-4-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Found yeast at the grocery this morning. boxes of of it.

2nd line

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join