It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DOJ Powergrab

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Its been suggested that the DOJ has asked for emergency powers that will suspend rights and freedoms of citizens for an unlimited amount of time during the ongoing pandemic. In fact the DOJ has asked for such powers here....

www.politico.com...

However, a bipartisan Congressional response has told the DOJ to get bent...including our friend Schumer and AOC.

www.vox.com...

SOOOOO, this is just a reminder to people to.stay vigilant. Of course some people are gonna try it on but by God Congress actually did somethkng right for a change......and in a bipartisan smackdown.

If anything, people should find out how their reps feel about it and burn them come election time if they are for taking right away.

I am sensible enough to see that things need to get done in an emergency.....just not permanently, or for one minute longer than necessary.

edit on 3-4-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Recall , a good portion are still Barry's DOJ

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

We are over three years into the Trump administration. He promised to drain the swamp. If there are still holdovers from the deep state in the doj, it's his own damn fault.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
just what we'd expect em to do....

we read that book in school....forced to read 1984.....no choice and I remember it well....what's that other book....I don't remember it....he he

let's see George Orwell 1984 and......

edit on 3-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is the Tmans DOJ. No excuses. Same thing when peeps were making excuses for Obama with Bushs people.

Im a Trump supporter but I want to know WTF this was about.

Funny how good becomes bad and vice versa.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Who is em, and what did we expect em to do?

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

We are over three years into the Trump administration. He promised to drain the swamp. If there are still holdovers from the deep state in the doj, it's his own damn fault.

Depends.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
""Documents reviewed by POLITICO""

All BS because they never seem to be able to "publish" these mystery documents !!

Another cheap Democrat trick designed to fool the Democrat voters 😆 🤣

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Then why did Congress feel the need to rebuke the DOJ in the second link?

Is this a TPTB thing?!🤣😂😅

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

we read that book in school....forced to read 1984.....no choice and I remember it well....what's that other book....I don't remember it....he he

"Animal Farm"

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Animal Farm

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I wouldn’t expect a reasonable answer from the poster you’re replying to. The entirety of their thinking is Democrats did this, Democrats are trying to trick you, something something Democrats. It isn’t any deeper than that.

Like most here, they can’t fathom that Donald Trump might actually be responsible for anything bad that happens under his administration.

Here we have his administration trying to legalize holding citizens indefinitely without trial. And the people that claim to be “patriots” are the ones making excuses for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yeah, well if one were a true patriot they would put country first over some political party line BS, especially as there are dozens of other links to the same story. Reading the VOX link, Dems and Repubs rejected this grab for power.

I want to know Trumps take. Like I said, I am a Tman supporter, but BS is BS, and this stinks.

a reply to: underwerks

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yeah, well if one were a true patriot they would put country first over some political party line BS,

You’re preaching to the choir. From what I read it was William Barr who asked Congress. Which, if a person is familiar with his history isn’t surprising at all.

I wouldn’t expect anything less from someone who argued that the office of the President is above the law and let’s not forget this is the same guy who got everyone in the Iran-Contra scandal off the hook.

He’s probably the last person anyone who cares about our freedoms would want heading up the DOJ.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Sorry about that!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Was it...
Farenheit 451°
Animal Farm
Do Androids dream of Electric Sleep?
Logan's Run
??
To name a few.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Surely CNN or other Tman haters would press this. This is an excerpt from TheHill.com

In addition, the DOJ has asked for the ability to ask chief judges to permanently detain an individual without trial during emergencies.

Another proposal would reportedly waive the statute of limitations for criminal investigations as well as civil trials during an emergency and could last up to "one year following the end of the national emergency."

Really, ONE YEAR after said emergency was over?

Lets see if the MSM get onto this. This is for real bad stuff. Patriot act level nonsense.

Honestly though, where is that DOJ statement? Ima not going to hold my breath.

a reply to: underwerks

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just like 100% of the other sham stories ran about Trump, this one should be taken with a grain of salt. The common theme is "those with knowledge of the events" were second and third hand anti-trump stooges.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Since you didnt read the OP, perhaps you can explain why Congress said "Hell no", and "over my dead body" in response to alleged sham story????????

Here is a link just in case...
www.vox.com...

a reply to: jjkenobi

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Recall , a good portion are still Barry's DOJ

The request was made by Bill Barr, Trump's appointed AG. Barry had nothing to do with it.

Try harder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join