It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont Defines What Is Essential

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Vermont orders Walmart, Target to stop selling non-essential items in the store
www.wthr.com...

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP/TEGNA) - State officials in Vermont are ordering large retailers that sell critical items such as food and prescription drugs to stop the in-person sale of nonessential products such as clothing and electronics.

All this "ordering" and "obeying" language is getting out of hand. This virus will be used to get you in line!! (...or out of line depending on how you look at it.)

The directive, announced Tuesday by Vermont's Agency of Commerce and Community Development, was addressed at "big box" retailers.

Whenever possible, stores such as Walmart, Target and Costco must stop the sale of nonessential items within the store and require online or telephone ordering, delivery, and curbside pickup instead.

"Must stop"?? Obviously everyone on board with this at the "prestigious", Agency of Commerce and Community Development, needs to be fired.

We're already well into a global market collapse and RESTRICTING what consumers can buy, and take possession of TODAY, is supposed to help the economy?

“This volume of shopping traffic significantly increases the risk of further spread of this dangerous virus to Vermonters and the viability of Vermont’s health care system. We are directing these stores to put public health first and help us reduce the number of shoppers by requiring on-line ordering, delivery and curbside pickup whenever possible, and by stopping the sale of non-essential items," Agency of Commerce and Community Development Secretary Lindsay Kurrle said in a statement.

Where does it end? Is it okay for the state to decide what's essential or nonessential? Sounds like a proactive measure at first read, but again, where does it end?

They're going to see what they can get away with using the virus as an excuse to restrict, or otherwise subvert our rights. Everyone is being so good and compliant. Let's see what they deem as nonessential:

The items that cannot be sold in person include, but are not limited to, arts and crafts, beauty supplies, carpet and flooring, clothing, consumer electronics, entertainment, furniture, home and garden, jewelry, paint, photo services, sports equipment and toys.

Stores are ordered to close aisles, close portions of the store or remove items from the shelves.

The agency also said showrooms and garden sections of large home improvement centers should be closed unless there is a life-threatening emergency.

That's nice......the state ordering businesses to function as they say and all.... Apparently, you're an essential business as long as we, the state, declare it so.

Also, your products must be on the "essential" list or be only offered online.

That's not okay if you're confused.

Other retailers including grocery stores and hardware stores are allowed to remain open as part of Vermont's "Stay home, stay safe" order, but they are encouraged to use online or curbside pickup when possible, according to the agency.

Ready to have everything shipped to your cell.....er, door I mean? What about ration cards?

By the way, Congress just went on VACATION for close to three weeks but the American people are the priority right?

We're essential, right???

🙄

edit on 4/2/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Comrades, strict rationing is patriotic.

Those nonessential items are wasteful western decadence.

Report any nonessential item sales or nonessential people to your local authorities or you too are nonessential!
edit on 4/2/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Can't buy a T.V. or a laptop, watch people "Black Friday" the stores for those items now. This will not be limited to Vermont.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Jawohl, Mein fuhrer!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That list of nonessential items is BS!
I'm really needing a hair color and some mascara!
Dont take a ladies Beauty Supplies or The Ladies Will Come Down Hard!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
They cut off clothing about the time just about every parent is getting ready to go through their kids' clothing to turn over winter for spring.

I don't know about everyone else, but that's when we try on last years' stuff to see what needs to be donated and what needs to be replaced, and then we go out and have to try on stuff to figure out what sizes we need to replace missing items with.

You can't try stuff on very well online.

Gonna be a lot of kids wearing stuff that doesn't fit them.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Speaking of clothing... there will probably be an influx of women looking for maternity wear. Just saying we're all stuck at home with nothing to do.....

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Walmart, Target and Costco must stop the sale of nonessential items within the store and require online or telephone ordering, delivery, and curbside pickup instead.

The Costco by me had lines around the store outside, waiting to get in, curbside pickup for all would not be feasible.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cre8chaos
Except in New Jersey

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Vermont state gov does not have the legal authority to dictate who can buy what product and what products that stores offer are essential or non essential, which is completely ludicrous.

Obviously they now think they can can do this by some magical means that they are as powerful now as Adolph Hitler was in 1944 in Germany, but in reality they are not. No one should listen to these fools and they should be punished severely for attempting a coup upon the US constitution.

This is the kind of threatening power grab that all Americans should be watching out for, and when they are observed and confirmed, given serious punishment. This is a government behavior that cannot be tolerated at all.
edit on 2-4-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Oh they can just bend over and give themselves the cayenne-coated sandpaper reach-around, I'm not playing that game if it spreads to my state. Nobody, let alone the government, gets to tell me what's critical or not. They can't even figure out what critical crap to pay for with our tax money, do they seriously expect me to listen to them telling me what to or not to buy? I think not, bozos.

Though it probably will spread to my state. The state AG is already hounding Menards again (first time for price gouging, I get that, that was stupid to do) NOW they're telling them "No store sales" because it "draws people in". Well no kidding, but is the AG coming down on Meijer, Costco, Aldi, Target, Family Fare, etc and all the mom and pop grocers? Not that I advocate that (I do NOT)but they're not bothering other businesses running sales.

edit on 4/2/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm not really sure why the government would step in to dictate your shopping, it's just another sign that this is the end-game "everything-bubble" being popped. You'd be best buying things to survive for at least 6 months without having to visit any store, but it's none of my business where you spend your money.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Unsure why this is surprising? 90% of ATS was cheering on these lockdown procedures just a week or 2 ago while looking down on anyone questioning this government power grab. Hope you feel really safe from Coronavirus.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Toys are hereby declared non-essential, illegal, unlawful AND anyone found with a toy in his possession will be placed under arrest and thrown in the dungeon. No kidding!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
When kids lemonade stands were getting shutdown, by the cops no less, we apparently didn't get mad enough.

If that wasn't a sign....

Just goes to show how fragile this idea of freedom really is.

Nibble nibble nibble...until there's nothing left.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I belong to a Fakebook gardener's group; someone posted that vegetable SEEDS were declared a non-essential item.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It's getting ridiculous in some places.

Small comforts are sometimes the only thing that keeps a populous from going bat crap crazy on each other when under stress and/or isolation.

Way to go government.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Yep, soil, ferilizer. Etc. It's idiots making these choices of what is essential or not. I guess growing my own food isn't essential.

Some stores won't deliver or curbside Distilled Water because someone thought it's only used in Clothes Irons. Nevermind the people who use it in CPAP machines, neti pots, humidifier, baby formula, and batteries.

It's about to get much more ridiculous I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I think its absurd. If you're there anyway, go for it. I do feel for the low-wage workers at retail stores, getting more exposure to others than anyone but healthcare workers.

Personally, I have no interest in walking into a store right now, but once someone is in the store, so is their breath, and their grubby hands, so why not just get everything you want to get from the store?

The only place I'm stopping in is 7-11 for milk & red bull. BOTH 100% essential in my household. I would get a goat for milk at home, but I think my dog would kill it. And milking a bull for my energy drinks is just not my kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

It's getting ridiculous in some places.

Small comforts are sometimes the only thing that keeps a populous from going bat crap crazy on each other when under stress and/or isolation.

Way to go government.

This is so true. Everwhere I see/hear/read, people, including my own family, are being efficient with needs, and rewarding themselves with fun & "comforts." We had a 5 hour bonfire in the yard after virtual school the other day. This weekend we're planting our most ambitious garden ever. Thankfully, I have plenty of wood, soil, seeds, etc., but if I didn't, it would be ludicrous to not be able to get these items.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join