It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP governor claims ‘we didn’t know’ asymptomatic people transmit coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have posted this bit of news in this forum rather than the virus forum because this seems to me to be complete madness.

Brian Kemp says he has been ''following the science'' and has now issued a stay at home request for the citizens of Georgia. His order came after the governor of Florida made the same issuance the day before.
So my question is, is this governor just lying about what he knew and when he knew it or is he just a dummy.
Interesting that even as he states that he has been ''following the science'' we note that the headquarters of the CDC is located in,,,wait for it…… drum roll,,,,,, Atlanta Georgia.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
*shrugs* so far the state has been deferring to the local govt, and for the most part they have been ahead of the curve, yea it sucks to be in atlanta, and folks in Albany probably wish they had been given a better heads up.

But so far I have no issue with Georgia's response instead of going from zero to 200 in .5 seconds its been a stead implementation as a response to the situation.

Which has slowed down the panic rush that has plagued so many other areas.
edit on 2-4-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

At this point, I would argue that everyone knows the best methods to try and avoid getting this or any other virus.

He should not have succumbed to pressure to seize unlawful power and shut down his state.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There are plenty of doctors out there who say it's very rare to transmit the disease without symptoms. I just saw a video of one saying that exact thing today.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
There are plenty of doctors out there who say it's very rare to transmit the disease without symptoms. I just saw a video of one saying that exact thing today.

With all due respect, there are also plenty of doctors that:

• Graduated at the bottom of their class
  • Get sued for malpractice due to incompetence
  • Perform unecessary surgeries
  • Will accept $$$$ to endorse a product that they do not use nor would they prescribe

Appealing to the idea of the quantity over quality when it comes to medical advice is, quite frankly, whoafully irresponsible when it affect anyone besides yourself.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

They have been saying since the beginning that symptoms can take up to fourteen days to present and that the person is contagious the whole time.
We can pull posts from early march saying just that.
This guy is either ignorant and shouldnt be running a state or he is lying.
If as he claims he was following the science than he is not a very good student.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

lulz

the people who "lead" and "govern" us hah hahaha aha hahaha

To the Sarlacc pit with him!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I've seen some evidence to back that up though.

First there was the case of the German man who was asymptomatic and quarantined in close proximity to three others in the Canary Islands. He never managed to pass it on to them despite being in such close contact.

There is also some statistical evidence that very mild to asymptomatic cases are perhaps as much as 55% less contagious than the more severe ones. The thing there is that there are usually so many more of them that they make up for it in volume.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I live in Georgia. jekyll island. where the Federal Reserve was born
Brian Kemp is an idiot. and an @$$hole. my wife and I both voted for him, sadly. the problem down here is, a week before Albany blew up with virus, other counties closed their schools and everyone came here to "get away from the virus and the quarantine" bcoz all the hotels and restaurants here were still open, business as usual. this island is tiny and right now, the hotels that are still open( most of them) are full of people from Albany, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey, and everyone else that Florida kicked out the last couple days since they closed their border. the islands population is mostly senior citizens, my wife and others in our age range are minority. we only have 22 cases here(supposedly), up from 6 last week. no one here at all is taking this seriously, neither the locals or tourists. there was a county commission meeting here streamed on facebook( comedy gold), and it was made obvious that the islands, Jekyll, St. Simon's, Sea island( one of Gub'ner Kemp's favorite places) don't have to play by the same rules the mainland does. locals get thrown off the beach and fined 500$, but "guests" fleeing the virus hotspots can relax and enjoy the beach all they want as long as they're staying at a hotel. " But what about the revenue we'll lose, Gub'ner Kemp?" the good ol' boy network is real.

top topics

join