It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Fauci says must keep social distancing policies until not one case of virus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So I wanted basic questions answered before locking down huge portions of the country, crashing the economy, spending trillions, etc. (I know I know, that means I wanted people to die as so many on ATS told me)

One of the most basic and fundamental that I thought should be answered is what was the governments threshold for when they felt the need to take these sort of actions.

Of course this question wasnt answered, and still hasnt heen.

And it goes without saying, if they didnt answer what their threshold for starting this sort of lock down was, they certainly wont give a threshold for when we can start to get people back to work and end this lock down.

Only maybe I was wrong. It turns out, Dr. Fauci, the main advisor to trump on the virus and media darling, gave us the answer to this threshold question.

During yesterday’s White House briefing, Fauci, who has become the face of America’s response to the coronavirus, was asked by a reporter whether social distancing measures will be imposed until there is a drug or vaccine to treat COVID-19.

“I think if we get to the part of the curve that Dr. Birx showed yesterday when it goes down to essentially no new cases, no new deaths at a period of time. I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing,” Fauci said.

www.zerohedge.com...

You get that? The social distancing polices, like shutting down essential businesses and all the other stuff, that will need to continue until we see no new cases.

Now factor this in with the fact that Dr. Fauci, and most other medical professionals I see admit they have no idea how long this virus will last, let alone when we will zero absolutely zero new cases.

Remember when I did this thread joking around?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well its not much of a joke now.

If we see one case every month or so, the main guy in charge of advising policy to fight this virus says we must continue the governments policies of social distancing.

This is insane.

I warned people this is what would happen if we just accepted everything the government said and did to fight this virus without question.

So strap in, it could be months, years or decades until we see zero new cases. And the head "expert" that so many even here on ats have told me to shut up and listen to says we cant ease up social distancing policies until then
edit on 2-4-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just heard about this and headed over to ATS...

I'm speechless.

What in the real hell is going on here!

Are they seeing just how far they can go until we revolt?

FFS... This is awful.

I hate this.

Edit to Add: This time, for the first time in all of this I'm getting super emotional.

*Tears*...

USA will NEVER be the same again.

edit on 3941Thursday202013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The biggest reason I'm mad at these asshats is if you look back to early February, the media and government were talking about how the flu was much more dangerous.

Looking at China, many of us saw it was more serious... Yet they did nothing.

Now they say China lied, no sh**.

I even remember saying before all this popped off I'll trust my government as much as I trust China's.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
He didn't say that during the H1N1 virus epidemic. After the initial wave of 12,500 death in America, that virus killed another 45,000 people in America between 2010 and 2018.

Maybe we should all just stay far away from each other forever.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I think Fauci, and probably Birx, CDC, WHO, etc. are angling for The Vaccine.

A lot of medicine goes in that direction, and I would think that the biggest organizations in the business are losing money (well, "not making as much as they want") from typical prescriptions.

I havent looked into it, but Id guess that things like R & D costs have been increasing for a while with regards to "normal" prescription drugs. And, I wouldnt be surprised if there are different liability risks for these companies with a normal prescription vs a Vaccine.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

“I think if we get to the part of the curve that Dr. Birx showed yesterday when it goes down to essentially no new cases, no new deaths at a period of time. I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing,”

Yes. You would have to relax social distancing if there are no new cases. Duh.

But if you listen to the question and the rest of what he said, it wasn't that the current measures would have to continue until then. If, and when testing becomes widely available mitigation (social distancing) can give way to containment. When a vaccine becomes available, the situation changes completely.
www.facebook.com...

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So we are talking 6 feet from strangers until your area has zero growth in cases for a few weeks...Sounds like good advice...

@Grambler do you have uncontrolled needs to get closer to strangers than that? lol

I do see that restaurants etc could start again, but they would need to redesign their layout and reduce the number of people inside, so yes there are repercussions here.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I listened. I didnt here him specify which one would be necessary until not one new case showed up.

Suggesting any of the governments social distancing has to remain in place until there is not one new case is insane.

Here is another quote from him

“This is inconvenient from an economic and a personal standpoint, but we just have to do it. (A national stay-at-home order) is our major weapon against this virus right now. We don’t have a vaccine that’s deployable. This is the only thing we have.” -Dr. Anthony Fauci

twitter.com...

Millions of people unemployed is "inconvenient"?

And notice how he says a national stay at home order is the only tool we have right now against the virus.

Doesnt sound like a guy to concerned with easing of these policies.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I gotta say, a lot of ATS members are going to find my smugness offputting when this reaches the point where most of those endorsing these over-reactions, Constitutional Rights violations, and economic destruction socially distance their heads from their asses long enough to say "Holy crap, this was a horrible idea and the threat was not worth the cure." I'll be here, smugly continuing to be sorely disappointed in the total absence of testicular fortitude and pride most Americans have exhibited during this relatively minor health flap.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I didnt here him specify which one would be necessary until not one new case showed up.
You didn't hear what he said about containment?

Suggesting any of the governments social distancing has to remain in place until there is not one new case is insane.

That is not what he said.

Doesnt sound like a guy to concerned with easing of these policies.
It would not be a good idea to do so..

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

“I think if we get to the part of the curve that Dr. Birx showed yesterday when it goes down to essentially no new cases, no new deaths at a period of time. I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing,”

Yes. You would have to relax social distancing if there are no new cases. Duh.

But if you listen to the question and the rest of what he said, it wasn't that the current measures would have to continue until then. If, and when testing becomes widely available mitigation (social distancing) can give way to containment. When a vaccine becomes available, the situation changes completely.
www.facebook.com...

Better hope that happens in the next 40 days or so, or I'll be calling you out as that will mean Hawaii's emergency declaration has exceeded 60 days and I'll want to know how you're diligently working towards getting your governor removed from office for breaking the law.

You think Coronavirus is bad? I'm your huckleberry now.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well obviously this is ridiculous.

First off you would never know when you get it down to zero because that would require testing all 320 million Americans in a very short period of time. That is not possible, well if it was possible it would take months just to get the testing ready.

Also even if this was achieved, the idea you could keep 100% of infected people out of the United States for any length of time is ludicrous.

I am really not that worried about this, because Trump makes the final call not Fauchi, and when new cases have dropped dramatically he is going to open the country back up no matter what Fauchi tells him to do.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That is what he said.

You can deny it if you want, I posted the quote.

But please, quote to me exactly what policies he was suggesting when he said they must remain in place until we dont see essentially one new case.

He says he wants containment, and these social distancing policies are only mitigation.

Ok well how does he define when we no longer need mitigation (what he calls containment?)

When there is essentially zero new cases, as I said in my op.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I read the quote. I heard what he said. He did not say this:

social distancing has to remain in place until there is not one new case

But please, quote to me exactly what policies he was suggesting when he said they must remain in place until we dont see essentially one new case.
No quote, sorry. He spoke of containment replacing mitigation (which is what we are doing now, social distancing) when testing becomes widespread.

link   

Is that guy even a real Dr of something medicine or virology or maybe even biology-related?
60-70% need to get immune, that's the only way out. 0 new cases would still be utopical.
Besides end of the month plus maybe a week or two and people will say "screw it" possibly less because 1200$ isn't really much.
And an unspecific, invisible threat... it is not easy to take that serious.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Millions of people unemployed is "inconvenient"?

Grambler, singles of thousands of Americans have died well, singles of thousands have died of Coronavirus. Don't look too deeply because in the 3 weeks those singles of thousands of deaths have taken place from Coronavirus, 170,000+ Americans have died from things other than Coronavirus, but that's not important right now. The important thing is the millions unemployed, the hundreds of millions sequestered in their homes like rats in a cage, disallowed from exercising their Right of movement, religious congregation, Right to work, etc must accept that manufactured plight because singles of thousands have died!!!

Why aren't you running around as if your hair was on fire, calling for more Constitutional Rights to be infringed and celebrating more economic damage that included the artificial destruction of the greatest economic boom of our lifetimes like apparently "good" Americans are? Don't you want to be part of the team? Hasn't the propaganda steeled you to support this BS? Were you not aware that while social distancing from other living human beings your head and your anus should be coming closer together in a perfect union right now?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You're a cold, heartless bastard if you don't want to listen to the Faucmeister and self-quarantine indefinitely.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I read the quote. I heard what he said. He did not say this:

social distancing has to remain in place until there is not one new case

No quote, sorry. He spoke of containment replacing mitigation (which is what we are doing now) when testing becomes widespread.

Trouble reading? He said it can be relaxed when we see essentially no new cases. That means he is for notrelaxing them until we see no new cases.

“I think if we get to the part of the curve that Dr. Birx showed yesterday when it goes down to essentially no new cases, no new deaths at a period of time. I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing,” Fauci said.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That is insane I thought it was all about bending the curve in order to give the hospitals time to catch up. I always assumed that once cases go down and hospitals are in good position to continue treating people that we would be getting life back to normal. I'm sorry to see that's not the case.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

He said it can be relaxed when we see essentially no new cases.

Nope. He didn't say "can be."

I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing

And he didn't say they can't be relaxed before then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join