It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Sonic Boom Recorded in Florida

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well i am not convinced. The USGS reported it five kilometres underground. The jets seem to me to be a hindsight excuse. It could be genuine but I don't believe everything i am told and find the USGS first report much more believeable than the two jets excuse.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Except for the fact that a member reported witnessing the jets and the boom, I would agree with Mayet.

This happened in the area of Indian Point in NY in the mid eighties. A sonic boom so powerful it set off alarms and shook the ground for miles and in multiple Towns. I did hear rumors at the time that there was a covered up incident at the nuclear plant. We didn't believe the same explantion at the time. There is just one final question. Is it or isn't it illegal for aricraft to knowingly cause sonic booms? The way it is being reported, it's not as they said more may occur while the jets are in the area.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
So, have we cleared up if it was above or below ground?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
So, have we cleared up if it was above or below ground?

Original reports said below ground, recently released spin says above ground from super sonic jets.

The spin doctors are hard at work. No doubt totally po'd about the vagaries of the internet.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There are of course other possibilities, one very unlikely possibility is here, the similarities are remarkable except that in this one the military denies responsibility.

This is not the first unexplained Sonic Boom in this area. WATCH OUT for all the pop ups

A mysterious sonic boom was heard on October 31 that shook buildings and rattled windows in Seminole, Lake and West Volusia counties. Hundreds of calls were received by law enforcement and the media from people wanting to know what the strange booms were. A check with NASA showed that it was not the shuttle or any other space vehicle, the military claimed not to have any aircraft in the area, and the FAA had no answers. Central Florida news agencies scrambled to find out what caused the big noise but there were no answers. Perhaps authorities are looking up when they should be looking down. UNX researchers offer the theory that instead of this being a sonic boom, it may have been a sub-geologic anomoly created when the roof of the underground aquifer collapses with the aquifer acting as a huge echo chamber. This is a known event that has happened before and produced what people thought were earth tremors or sonic boom. In the current case, the boom was felt and heard along the course of the St. Johns River and along a range known for sinkholes. It is also an area in which there is a tremendous amount of water being pumped from underground chambers to satisfy the growing population. While this is just a theory, it is as good as any that the authorities have come up with and UNX feels that it needs to be considered.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I live in the Palm Harbor, Florida area. This sonic boom if it was one, was heard for about 2 seconds and felt for about 5. I have never felt a boom that felt like that. Every neighbor on my block ran outside. It actually rattled my computer monitor. Very strange. I immediately had flash backs to Mt. St. Helens, growing up in Washington State as a child.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I Live in Lutz, a town north of Tampa. I was in my vehicle during this
incident. I observed an unknown type of aircraft flying at low levels
over my subdivision.The craft was flying at very low speeds also
between 60mph to 75mph. I am a retired police officer and I have been
trained how mesure and guess ground speeds, so I know I am in the ball
park for the true speed. The craft was at about 500 feet above the
ground. What made me look at this craft was the lights, at the ends of
the craft, the lights were pointed up like lanterns and were visable
from 360 degrees, these were not landing lights. Also there were
anywhere from 4 to 10 lights in the body of the craft that changed in
color, intesity, and location. I heard no noise as the craft approached
but as the craft was close/almost overhead, it sounded like an
avalanche, not like jet engines, or a rotary aircraft. The aircraft
came from the East and moved northeast and the turned and moved
south/southwest along us Highway 41. as the craft traveled south, two
aircraft came from the west and turned south and followed the
unidentified craft. My wife was at home and under the flight path of
the craft and as it passed it shook our entire house for 30 to 45
seconds. Shortly after the incident, 15 minutes after, the news
stations had already recieved a press release about 2 F18's, that is
fast for an Airforce press release. After15 years Military and civillian law enforcement i have never seen orfelt anything like this. And this is not the first time that this happened in our area. My wife was at home when the craft passed close to our house and felt an earthquake like episode for 30-45 seconds. My Neighbor said he saw a very large airplane flying low and slow and said all of the cabin lights were on and you could see windows. I am trying to mesure the area for radiation but my G-Counter needs to be calibrated.

if anyone has any info email me at [email protected]

Jason
Lutz, FL "North Tampa"

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
We need more peoples eyewitness acounts that will verify this.

Out of all the people in Florida somewhere the stories will be the same, more than this person above must have witnessed it. Your story sounds realistic to me and I can swallow it a lot easier than the official version but I would need a few more to verify to be a total believer

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I can't beleave no-one else has posted about seeing it. I have to admitt that i am bothered about this entire incident.

Anyone with any info please email me at [email protected]

Jason

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Those navy boys are gettin grilled by the brass right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I saw the same Craft from the night of the big shake again last night,
03-18-05 at about 2155Hrs. it was the same craft/whatever it was flying from the north on a due south heading. The craft agian had bright like lantern lights at the edges that were visable from 360 degrees. It just doesnt look or act like a plane, way to slow. But the thing that made me come outside a booming/Thud like Artillery/fireworks comming from the south. I don't know of any type of Fireworks for that night. as the craft moved further south the booming weakened. and for 10 minutes after this incident there was no other visable air traffic, i am under a Tampa International Airport flight path.

I talked to neighbor about the first night we saw the craft and he said it had all of its interior lights on as it orbited our neighborhood and orbited a lake behind his house. It scared him so badly that he had his family lock themselves in the closet.

I just don't know what to think of this.

If anyone else has any info please email me at [email protected]

Jason

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join