It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite strike or bomb? COVID19 or Asteroid preparations?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Are you insinuating that a meteor targeted a road?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
are interstellar rocks capable of course corrections?? A hunk of rock falls where it falls. No targeting necessary. Makes more sense than a story about a truck bomb without debris near the blast crater without reports of a premature detonation due to return fire. Return fire being the primary cause of premature VBIED detonations.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Makes more sense than a story about a truck bomb without debris near the blast crater
I showed you a picture of a bomb crater. It looks like that.

Show me a picture of an impact crater of that size. Or just tell me how big you reckon the rock was. Maybe we can take it from there.

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Alchemst7
a reply to: TritonTaranis
Scroll down to the video. This guy trys to explain what he thinks caused it.
Nigeria explosion

Yeah I really don’t think this is a truck bomb

This image is pretty conclusive for me

www.nairaland.com...

Why?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The soil will obviously reveal if it was an asteroid. Aren't they testing the soil?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

There would be fragments. Perhaps some may turn up.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
are interstellar rocks capable of course corrections?? A hunk of rock falls where it falls. No targeting necessary. Makes more sense than a story about a truck bomb without debris near the blast crater without reports of a premature detonation due to return fire. Return fire being the primary cause of premature VBIED detonations.

No, it doesn’t make more sense precisely for the reasons you stated. Meteorites do no change course or target surface vehicles. The probability that a space rock centerpunched a truck is approximately zero.

The story is not of a truck bomb. The story is that a truck carrying dynamite to a mining operation caught on fire and detonated. And, as I recall, one of the stories did report metallic debris in the bottom of the crater, which is what you would expect if a dynamite-loaded truck exploded. I don’t think anyone reported any kind of incoming arms fire.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 1947boomer

My point is that there is no reason to think the image in the OP is a result of an impact.

OK

I was slow on the uptake.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ok then if a truck overloaded with dynamite exploded where is the dead driver?? I don't want to read some miracle what if to explain why there is no dead driver.

So now the story has gone from an exploded tnt try to that would have killed the driver, to an exploded dynamite truck that miraculously did not kill it's driver?? Or perhaps he decided to park it there, escaped because he somehow knew the truck was going to explode, and then it exploded with no truck debris anywhere.

Yea your right, that s way more believable.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Well, the rock has to fall "somewhere". Not sure a truck on a road is incredibly less likely than any other place.

And the odds of a specific truckload of dynamite catching fire are pretty slim, too...

It definitely doesn't look like an impact crater. I don't see anything that makes me think it'd be anything other than what it was said to be. That's an unusually large blast. It'd be odd if they haven't recovered pieces of the truck, but it wouldn't be odd to have low media interest in that part of the story.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I mean, if I was driving a truck full of dynamite and it caught fire, I wouldn't stick around to watch... That wouldn't surprise me much.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Ok then if a truck overloaded with dynamite exploded where is the dead driver?? I don't want to read some miracle what if to explain why there is no dead driver.

So now the story has gone from an exploded tnt try to that would have killed the driver, to an exploded dynamite truck that miraculously did not kill it's driver?? Or perhaps he decided to park it there, escaped because he somehow knew the truck was going to explode, and then it exploded with no truck debris anywhere.

Yea your right, that s way more believable.

What would one expect to find ?
Think people , think

(bold by me for subject matter)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I know! I know!

A hole.

Do I get a prize?
edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert
Lol, oh I got to smh for failing to draw that conclusion. Whew, commercial accident it is I suppose.

*Sigh*, hands you my last internets.

<< 1   >>

join