It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be HCID in the UK.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Game over.

Your politicians are lying to you. They are scaring old ladies to death. President Trump needs to make a live broadcast telling everybody to get back to work, school, play and enjoyment of the freedom and liberty offered in the United States of America.

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

It was downgraded because the fatality is below 10% and a specific test has been invented to detect infection. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't a major public health risk, hence why lockdown measures have been introduced after the downgrade.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Flu goes around every year. The hysterical response is the hoax. We are being played. Nobody needs to do anything but the ordinary things we do all day all year long.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

If Trump listen to you, I'll consider him and idiot and won't vote for him again.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
April fools day, right?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It goes away because of a form of seasonal social distancing.
Warm weather gets people outdoors for activities not crammed together inside.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Sounds like you are completely correct it's been downgraded if this is legit. This is March 19th wonder why it took so long for this to get out there?

From the link...

Status of COVID-19
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. All healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the updated national infection and prevention (IPC) guidance for COVID-19, which supersedes all previous IPC guidance for COVID-19. This guidance includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios.

Definition of HCID
In the UK, a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) is defined according to the following criteria:

acute infectious disease
typically has a high case-fatality rate
may not have effective prophylaxis or treatment
often difficult to recognise and detect rapidly
ability to spread in the community and within healthcare settings
requires an enhanced individual, population and system response to ensure it is managed effectively, efficiently and safely

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Come on!! I mean I go to work. I never stopped. I go to the grocery store. I go Walmart. I'm all up in the filthy dirty corona zone all day since it started and I don't have the virus. It is nonsense.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Sounds like you are completely correct it's been downgraded if this is legit. This is March 19th wonder why it took so long for this to get out there?

From the link...

Definition of HCID
In the UK, a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) is defined according to the following criteria:
...requires an enhanced individual, population and system response to ensure it is managed effectively, efficiently and safely

THANK YOU!!

Covid-19 NO LONGER REQUIRES AND ENHANCED RESPONSE!!!

The damned ~enhanced~ response is the media hype turned up to eleven hysterical response.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
They should by now say in all countrys GET BACK TO WORK!

They are lying about this Covidian ...This New World Covid Order Global lockdown is only to cause negative things, as that is the purpose, to cause harm ...to us 99% , while the 1% is to get the totalitarianism fascist control to more secure position.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
www.accuweather.com... /707057

Been following this on numerous sites like many of us, AccuWeather has maintained for a long time UV light, humidity and higher temperatures are going zap the viruses strength, Now maybe data is showing up that supports just that.

What infection rates in Iceland and Australia may reveal about how COVID-19 could spread in the US
By John Roach, AccuWeather staff writer

Published Mar. 24, 2020 4:06 PM

Copied
AccuWeather’s Brittany Boyer breaks down the latest updates on the COVID-19 pandemic, and Blake Naftel shares a way to stay active while social distancing.

Research into the possible effects of heat, humidity and population density on the transmission of the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) has led to the theory that warmer weather during spring and summer in the Northern Hemisphere may lead to a decline in the rate of spread of COVID-19, the illness it causes, but there is a range of opinions on the matter in the infectious disease community.

The effect of the sun’s ultraviolet rays may play a larger role than even heat and humidity. As the latest data is analyzed regarding the possible role that weather and climate factors may play in the rate of spread of COVID-19 continues, it may provide some new clues for what to expect in the United States as summer approaches. In particular, a look at the per capita infection rates of Iceland and Australia might possibly offer a glimpse at UV’s possible impact on the spread of COVID-19 around the world.

As of Tuesday, Iceland has among the world's highest rates of confirmed coronavirus cases per capita at 0.177 percent, with 648 cases from a population of 364,260. Australia’s confirmed infected rate is just 0.0083 percent – 2,044 cases from a population of 25.4 million people.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
April fools day, right?

Bzzzzzt!!!! Ohhhh I'm sorry. Your answer is incorrect. Today is the 2nd of April.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

Come on!! I mean I go to work. I never stopped. I go to the grocery store. I go Walmart. I'm all up in the filthy dirty corona zone all day since it started and I don't have the virus. It is nonsense.

I work for an essential company. It doesn't mean I can downplay the crisis and advice the president.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Flu goes around every year. The hysterical response is the hoax. We are being played. Nobody needs to do anything but the ordinary things we do all day all year long.

well, this thing has put a new arse in my pants that doesn't matter which way I sit down..

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

well, this thing has put a new arse in my pants that doesn't matter which way I sit down..

I am seriously puzzled by your response. Am I to believe you have two asses now? Like a front butt and a back butt? I'm stunned.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This isn't the flu.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
This isn't the flu.

So what's your theory? 5G? NWO? Bill Gates Chip implant/vaccine ID? Elite TPTB power/money grab?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You may wish to take a quick look at what has and is continuing to transpire in the likes of Italy and Spain.

If Trump makes a broadcast it should be to tell you to listen to the doctors, step down and let people who actually know what they are doing attempt to bring this epidemic under control.

Our politicians are lying because they are not releasing the actual statistics which are probably a hell of a lot worse.

If in any dought just look at what the Spanish Flu managed to accomplish 100 years ago by wiping out 50-200 million people world wide.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

So it's all fake? Just because you do not have it? Say that to the 5000+ people in America who have died, and the 10000+ people who have died in Spain. Say that to the parent who lost their 13 year old child in the UK to the virus!

I hate ignorance like this

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

This is the kind of # that is killing people. You have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about. You and the 'hospitals are empty' idiots. In addition to being a clueless twit you are dangerous. What's happening is the real deal. It's not a drill, it's not a bio attack, it's not a hoax. It's real. It's as real, but far more widespread, than the polio epidemic of the '50s. Stop posting this nonsense and stop being a selfish tool. You have an obligation to the rest of us just as we have an obligation to you. Grow up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join