It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to our so called allies (If true)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I really hope that this is a hoax as it is just breaking on MSM here in France.

If this is true then it is utterly disgusting.

Please don't attack the messenger... I am just relaying information that we are getting over here right now :

The US bought out a planeload of Chinese-made face masks right on the tarmac just as the haul of the much needed protective gear was about to set off for France, the head of a French region told RT.

Facing shortages of protective equipment amid the coronavirus outbreak, France has turned to China to procure the much-needed face masks.

After French legislature adopted a law on the emergent medical situation, local authorities were able to place an order on the equipment in China, paying for it upfront.

All in all, his and other regions ordered some 60 million masks, the head of the south-eastern Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region Renaud Muselier told RT France on Wednesday.

“The masks have been already produced and are currently in China.

There are troubles with their delivery, though,” Muselier said, adding that the haul was set to arrive in France on Thursday evening.

The country, however, ran into unexpected logistics troubles and not-that-friendly competition from the US, Muselier revealed.

Today in the morning in China, the Americans bought out the French order for cash right on the tarmac.

The France-bound plane departed to the US afterwards.

Link : defence.pk...

The original source is from the head of the south-eastern Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region Renaud Muselier who relayed this information to RT (I know some of you will deny RT but this is what I have seen so far...)

This is the original RT article : www.rt.com...

Lets hope this is a hoax awaiting further information...

If not and this proves to be true then shame on those involved as we too in France (especially our doctors, nurses and care workers are in serious need for these masks).

Take care to all.

Kindest respects

Lags

edit on 2-4-2020 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
On the other hand, other ATS threads (apart from anything else) also have stories about the Chinese ruthlessly acquiring masks and such supplies, e.g. from Australia and America. So why would they they be selling?
I'm not sure that both lines of anti-Chinese rumour can be true, unless the Chinese left hand doesn't know what the Chinese right hand is doing.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

So why would they they be selling?

Profit maybe?

Lags

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
China is well set with factories for mass producing what is needed for the covid-19.
However if they are sending supplies to countries but those supplies are being hijacked then there needs to be some kind of explanation, Dont you think?

edit on 2-4-2020 by skybandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
SO if I understand this correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong) The French bought a load of masks, an American shows up and buys them with cash on the tarmac, so doesn't that mean that the French are selling off their own stuff? Better question: "Who was the American that showed up with cash for 60 million masks working for?"

As of right now, we have two of the worlds richest people pushing hard against the President of the US, we also have a former NAZI with a undisclosed amount of cash on hand that has the same beef, then there is an entire political group (the S/T specifically) want want to destabilize the worlds government. So was it one of those groups/people, or was it really the Trump Administration?

Then we have to ask if the order was even filled, and this whole thing is just a cover to make the American Government look bad (kind of like how the Chinese tried to place blame for the virus on the US)

I'm interested to see where this goes.

originally posted by: DISRAELI
On the other hand, other ATS threads (apart from anything else) also have stories about the Chinese ruthlessly acquiring masks and such supplies, e.g. from Australia and America. So why would they they be selling?
I'm not sure that both lines of anti-Chinese rumour can be true, unless the Chinese left hand doesn't know what the Chinese right hand is doing.

Or the Chinese are using this story to cover up why they didn't give France their order.

edit on 2-4-2020 by Guyfriday because: Really?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm in your neighboring country, Belgium. We to have ordered masks from China.

Last week we already received about 15 million face masks but once they were distributed to the hospitals it soon showed that the masks are worthless!
We bought them as fpp2 and N95 masks but they came without certificate, packed in used banana boxes and the quality poorly. Tests shown that the masks don't offer any protection at all for healthcare workers.

looked for an English link but couldn't find any. It's been in the local news for two days

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: skybandit
OK,, but that also argues against the "China ruthlessly acquiring masks" rumours. My point was there there are two sets of slightly contradictory stories out ther.

edit on 2-4-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
In other words, you think the Chinese left hand (which wants the money) is at cross-purposes with the Chinese right hand (which wants more masks for Chinese use)?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

so doesn't that mean that the French are selling off their own stuff? Better question: "Who was the American that showed up with cash for 60 million masks working for?"

In my own opinion mate who knows???

Between borders and airports I have no idea how things go before marchandise goes into customs on the tarmac... (Especially in China.)

Only time will tell if this is a hoax or not!

If true then that particular American and his/her employers need/s to be tried in an international court and sentenced big time...

If not true then the people that started this possible hoax should be tried too... In my opinion (Said again)

What I DO know for the last couple of days here concerning the French mask situation as per French MSM :

French Health Minister Olivier Véran announced on Saturday that the government ordered “250 million masks” to help fight the coronavirus outbreak in France, where 6,172 patients have been hospitalised for COVID-19 and 562 have died.

Link : www.france24.com...

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

In other words, you think the Chinese left hand (which wants the money) is at cross-purposes with the Chinese right hand (which wants more masks for Chinese use)?

Did I say that or insinuate..;?

Methinks not old chap or chappese!

I'm not looking for an argument, just relaying news... Get over the fact that we are not ALL looking for an argument and read the original post please.

Thank you.

Have a lovely day.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
I'm in your neighboring country, Belgium. We to have ordered masks from China.

Last week we already received about 15 million face masks but once they were distributed to the hospitals it soon showed that the masks are worthless!
We bought them as fpp2 and N95 masks but they came without certificate, packed in used banana boxes and the quality poorly. Tests shown that the masks don't offer any protection at all for healthcare workers.

looked for an English link but couldn't find any. It's been in the local news for two days

Stay safe my "Belge" friend

#restezalamaison

Amitiés

Lags

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I wasn't arguing, just trying to work in common towards a grasp of what was happening, one scientific observer to another.

To recap our exchange thus far.

Reading your OP as i did, I pointed out that contradictory rumours also existed, and observed that both sets could not be true, unless the Chinese were working in self-contradictory ways. If they were ruthlessly acquiring, why would they be selling?

The selling would be for profit, you pointed out.

This opened up the possibility that you favoured the "Chinese working at cross-purposes" theory, so I checked if this was the case. The theory is very plausible in itself. Westerners also sell for profit things which their country needs. However, without that theory, we come back to the question of whether both sets of stories can be true.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I wasn't arguing, just trying to work in common towards a grasp of what was happening, one scientific observer to another.

To recap our exchange thus far.

Reading your OP as i did, I pointed out that contradictory rumours also existed, and observed that both sets could not be true, unless the Chinese were working in self-contradictory ways. If they were ruthlessly acquiring, why would they be selling?

The selling would be for profit, you pointed out.

This opened up the possibility that you favoured the "Chinese working at cross-purposes" theory, so I checked if this was the case. The theory is very pausible in itself. Westerners also sell for profit things which their country needs. However, without that theory, we come back to the question of whether both sets of stories can be true.

I have not favoured anything.

There is your answer.

READ what I wrote : Do not attack the messenger...

Thank you.

Lags

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I did read and I wasn't attacking anybody. Read my posts again at a time when you're not on edge abiut the possibility of being attacked.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Lags, I think a more pressing question to ask is why all us Western countries have to order masks from China?

Something badly wrong with that aspect of providing for essential items. A terrible failure of planning in. every. single. Western. country.

BTW, the "grabbing" of medical equipment is going on in quite a few places. The Germans and Italians have already been upbraided over that. Countries are reverting to nationalist behavior.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I did read and I wasn't attacking anybody. Read my posts again at a time when you're not on edge abiut the possibility of being attacked.

I’m not on edge!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Lags, I think a more pressing question to ask is why all us Western countries have to order masks from China?

Something badly wrong with that aspect of providing for essential items. A terrible failure of planning in. every. single. Western. country.

BTW, the "grabbing" of medical equipment is going on in quite a few places. The Germans and Italians have already been upbraided over that. Countries are reverting to nationalist behavior.

Cheers

In my opinion it is because western countries live cheap # made in China and the Chinese know this...

There you go...

Couple of questions answered at the same time.

In my opinion.

Lags

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I am confused, should I start eating french fries now or stop?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
I am confused, should I start eating french fries now or stop?

Maybe better that you stop Mr or Mrs McTroll face.

<<   2  3 >>

join