It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man intentionally derailed a L.A. train towards USNS hospital ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Link;Video & News Report

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A train engineer intentionally drove a speeding locomotive off a track at the Port of Los Angeles because he was suspicious about the presence of a Navy hospital ship docked there to help during the coronavirus crisis, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

... What in the hell.. ?

The locomotive crashed through a series of barriers and fences before coming to rest more than 250 yards (230 meters) from the U.S. Navy Hospital Ship Mercy on Tuesday, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a release.

Nobody was hurt.

Eduardo Moreno, 44, was charged with one count of train wrecking, prosecutors said.

Appearently the guy had been a licensed train operator for awhile. Its interesting that he woke up one day and decided to fly a 100+ ton chunk of metal through a medical support ship. This deserves a little further digging; as to what he was informed of and by who - that got him to derail a train today.

Moreno acknowledged in two separate interviews with law enforcement that he intentionally derailed and crashed the train near the Mercy, according to the criminal complaint.

“You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to,” Moreno told investigators, according to the complaint. “People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will.”

Moreno said he was suspicious of the Mercy and believed it had an alternate purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover, an affidavit states. Moreno stated that he acted alone and had not pre-planned the attempted attack.

In an interview with FBI agents, Moreno stated that “he did it out of the desire to ‘wake people up,’” according to an affidavit.

“Moreno stated that he thought that the USNS Mercy was suspicious and did not believe ‘the ship is what they say it’s for. '"

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

Sounds like a random act.

The craziness lately may have pushed him over the edge.

That or the virus crosses his BBB and made him do it.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars
Yep. He could have been trying to get to the ship for medical help.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Is this the locomotive? Says "Trump" on it.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Ah I was just checking before I posted a thread on this. I couldn't believe it wasn't being discussed. Absolute insanity.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Sounds like his cheese slid off his cracker... the total idiocracy of it all is scary in itself. Overworked? over stressed? who knows

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Stevie Ray Vaughn Double Trouble
edit on 2-4-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I would love to take a look inside the Mercy.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Thank you posting the video of what the inside of the Mercy looked like in 2006.

I wonder what Moreno thinks it is for now in 2020? Maybe an euthanasia centre..... who knows? The article did not say.

edit on 2-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I was hoping the guy's name was Casey Jones.

But back in reality.... what the heck was that guy thinking? Is it even possible to run a train into a ship? Will we ever get the full story?

They say he was 250 YARDS AWAY FROM THE SHIP when the train came to rest. This guy is loco.

I never knew there was a charge called "train wrecking". Twenty years in prison!!! I'm never putting pennies on the track again.

As usual, the news just splashes us with sensational gibberish and we do not get the real reasoning for this train wrecking. Again... this guy is loco.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Heavy has a picture of him. Looks like a nice, normal fella-

Heavy

“ According to federal prosecutors, Moreno told FBI agents that he was concerned about why the hospital ship had really been brought to the Los Angeles area, saying he believed it could have been there as part of a plan for a government takeover or other COVID-19-related conspiracy theories. He was operating a Pacific Harbor Line train on Tuesday, March 31.”

Seems off since overall Q peeps seem to think the ships are there to help a deeper cause. I guess there are multiple competing theories.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Gee, if he isn't already he should join ATS. He'd fit right in here with all the 'this is anything but a pandemic' crowd.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Is this the locomotive? Says "Trump" on it.

twitter.com...

Trump
CRAZY TRAIN

To be more specific.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Been there done that.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

I was hoping the guy's name was Casey Jones . . .

Trouble ahead, trouble behind. Don't you know that notion just crossed my mind?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Please get better at spotting obvious fakes.

This took all but literally 2 seconds to find.

RIght click image, and search google for the image. You'll see the original come up at least half a bakers dozen times.
edit on 2-4-2020 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: putnam6
Thank you posting the video of what the inside of the Mercy looked like in 2006.

I wonder what Moreno thinks it is for now in 2020? Maybe an euthanasia centre..... who knows? The article did not say.

Because Moreno did not really say. Sounds like the guy may need psychiatric help.

top topics

join