It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If youre still working, should you take the US government stimulus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If you are working in an "essential business", do you still take and use the $$$ offered?

I could really use that cash to fix my car...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4
If you are working in an "essential business", do you still take and use the $$$ offered?

The obvious answer is to take it, but pay it forward.....

Hookers and blow.....

Stimulate your privates...err I mean economy.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

I don't think I'm going to get anything.
But someone made a really good suggestion a while back. Donate it to the charitable organization of your choice. I figure you can at least write it off next year.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'm sorry about your car.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

The obvious answer is to take it, but pay it forward.....

Hookers and blow.....

Stimulate your privates...err I mean economy.

You are correct...I think lol

That is most likely what I will do. I am not suffering anymore than I have before.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Of course you should take it. Govt will get their pound of flesh from you at some point through taxes or inflation. If you aren't hard up for the cash, I'd donate it to someone.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Of course you should take it. Govt will get their pound of flesh from you at some point through taxes or inflation. If you aren't hard up for the cash, I'd donate it to someone.

I could really use it.
edit on 2-4-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

im gonna follow the example of big business and line my pockets!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

"Of course you should take it. Govt will get their pound of flesh from you at some point through taxes or inflation. If you aren't hard up for the cash, I'd donate it to someone" -edumakated

over half the country is hard up, even the ones with jobs

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

Buy back $1,200 of your own stock?
You'll be fabulously wealthy!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

"Essential Business" workers like yourself should be granted more than a one-time $1,200. At the very least, $2,000 a month as hazardous duty pay, while you're exposed to Covid-19 on a constant basis.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"Essential Business" workers like yourself should be granted more than a one-time $1,200. At the very least, $2,000 a month as hazardous duty pay, while you're exposed to Covid-19 on a constant basis.

I'm still working, and I'm not too happy about this "stimulus".
1200 today, but my taxes will no doubt go up 1500 to pay for it, then never go back down.
Next thing you know I'll be funneling cash into congress critter retirement funds while slowly losing my own shirt.

The best part? They're putting that money in the bank.
The bank is closed, and I'm rushing jail time visiting the ATM every day to get my maximum alloted $500 out.
Supposed to be buying 20 grand in cash worth of equipment this month, but I simply can't.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I'm still employed.
As this is a stimulus payment- meaning it is meant to add to the economy, and I probably will be taxed in full (as in 100% as will everyone else) on it why not take it and lubricate the economy in the short term.
We all should assume it will be paid back in full soon. The government has never been altruistic.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
People on unemployment are about to be making more than most people employed.

"Essential" workers are about to get screwed and really don't even realize it. Making $9-$15, or whatever an hour and now the states are gonna add $600 a week to the already allotted weekly unemployment benefits.

I am not really getting this whole thing. The working class people get screwed again while people on the couch get rewarded more than the still working people.

Kind of mind boggling.

After all of the corporate and congressional monetary gains and screwing the working class, I believe you would be a fool not to use the $1,200 to your advantage. Why should you feel guilty of anything coming from this government that bends us over every single day.
edit on 2-4-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I was wondering the same thing, then all our jobs canceled at my work and I now need the stimulus too. So I guess yeah, who knows how long they will be working. I dont mind them having a few more employer checks as well as stimulus money.

We need more money in circulation or other jobs will close down too.

I dont know if I should volunteer somewhere or find apocalypse paid work. I guess I could walk around somewhere disinfecting surfaces..sheesh. I want my job back. Whatever I guess. I can hold out for a while longer. Maybe I will try to get a job with the city doing something in transportation. There arent many options either way ATM. Not legal ones.

If not I start buying and selling things like a gypsy. Or I become a pot dealer. No but Im not committing to anything or excluding anything. LoL

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Of course you do what kind of question is this waste of space

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I think they are entitled to it because they are taking the risk of being infected while other people stay home.

Sal

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You are gonna pay for it next tax season I'm sure. Might as well

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
No. But you should get hazard pay which would be way more than $1200

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yea I am going to take it and use it to pay down credit card debt.

I am essential but told to stay home because I fall into a very grey area as a full time reservist but technically civil service unless on military orders.

Nobody knows how to deal with us, military is confused because we are civil service serving in uniform alongside active duty, civil service doesn't know what to do with us because we are in uniform and technically military.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join