It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. CDC tells Coroners Hospitals - All Who Die With Covid-19 Should have COD Listed as Covid-19.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

So you're saying Covid-19 was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back". It's just strange to see the U.S. Centers for Disease Control seeking to ramp up the U.S. death toll. But I don't know a thing about the leadership at that agency.

One of my previous bosses was in the leadership at the CDC. What he told me was there are a bunch of people at the CDC making fat bank and did next to nothing. He tried to change the culture but eventually gave up. It's a worthless organization. People making well over 6 digits doing remedial tasks. They got infuriated when he started asking questions and evaluating their jobs. Just look at this situation. All the real promise in solving it is not coming from the CDC. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So what?

100,000 more reasons to start a war and throw more plebes into the flames I'm afraid.

Am so glad I moved off the islands. Are you good?

Pacific Pivot, anyone?

Clark was right. No actual war with Iran. The virus is taking them out. On to China?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

So you're saying Covid-19 was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back". It's just strange to see the U.S. Centers for Disease Control seeking to ramp up the U.S. death toll. But I don't know a thing about the leadership at that agency.

One of my previous bosses was in the leadership at the CDC. What he told me was there are a bunch of people at the CDC making fat bank and did next to nothing. He tried to change the culture but eventually gave up. It's a worthless organization. People making well over 6 digits doing remedial tasks. They got infuriated when he started asking questions and evaluating their jobs. Just look at this situation. All the real promise in solving it is not coming from the CDC. Go figure.

Most of the government agencies are like that. They're full of redundant and duplicate positions, people getting paid too much to do too little, and it's almost impossible to change.

It's not a matter of just "getting the right people" in there. It's just an inherent fact of government that you simply can't get rid of. There's no way to do it efficiently. That's why it's better to have as little of it as possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

My point (edited) was that an increase in deaths is an increase in deaths. If someone who had a underlying condition dies because coronavirus exacerbated it, so what? Perhaps coronavirus didn't kill them, but they died because of coronavirus.

The rest of what you're talking about, I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I suspect one reason for this is when it comes to holding china accountable we don't want china saying see you all did it too?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: carewemust

This # needs to go viral now!

I think that Covid-19 kinda did.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

That was the pun... intended. I love making jokes out of jokes.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

True. I'm just getting tired of hearing about the CDC as some guiding light in all this. They are not. Not even close. The cure will come from an independent organization just like all the recent vaccines. The CDC does not have the technology, innovation or the motivation. If anything they will farm out the work and claim eureka for hiring the people that did figure it out just like last time.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Well ... hang on, Brother. It's coming.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Indeed.

A long time coming.
edit on 4/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The U.S. Centers For Disease Control (CDC) issued a directive to Hospitals and Coroners on March 24, 2020. If a person has Covid-19 when they die, their Cause Of Death (COD) is to be listed as Covid-19.

COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused, or is
assumed to have caused, or contributed to death

Source Document: www.cdc.gov...

From the CDC "Covid-19 Alerts" section at: www.cdc.gov...

Example: If Jim has a car accident and dies, and the post-mortem testing indicates that he has CoronaVirus-19, his cause of death is to be listed as "Covid-19".

Am I interpreting this CDC directive correctly?

-CareWeMust

No. Not even remotely close.

If a person tests positive for COVID-19 and develops complications like pneumonia, for example and drowns in their own mucus or has heart failure because they can no longer breathe, or has kidney failure, then they died of Coronavirus.

If they test positive for the virus and an airplane crashes into their house and kills them, then they died of an airplane crash.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Example: If Jim has a car accident and dies, and the post-mortem testing indicates that he has CoronaVirus-19, his cause of death is to be listed as "Covid-19".
Bull#. It may be noted that the patient tested positive but the cause of death would be trauma.

The coding is specific to coronavirus infections. It is a new code for a new disease.

Will COVID-19 be the underlying cause?
The underlying cause depends upon what and where conditions are reported on the death certificate. However, the rules for coding and selection of the underlying cause of death are expected to result in COVID-19 being the underlying cause more often than not.

What happens if certifiers report terms other than the suggested terms?
If a death certificate reports coronavirus without identifying a specific strain or explicitly specifying that it is not COVID-19, NCHS will ask the states to follow up to verify whether or not the coronavirus was COVID-19. As long as the phrase used indicates the 2019 coronavirus strain, NCHS expects to assign the new code. However, it is preferable and more straightforward for certifiers to use the standard terminology (COVID-19).

What happens if the terms reported on the death certificate indicate uncertainty?
If the death certificate reports terms such as “probable COVID-19” or “likely COVID-19,” these terms would be assigned the new ICD code. It Is not likely that NCHS will follow up on these cases. If “pending COVID-19 testing” is reported on the death certificate, this would be considered a pending record. In this scenario, NCHS would expect to receive an updated record, since the code will likely result in R99. In this case, NCHS will ask the states to follow up to verify if test results confirmed that the decedent had COVID-19.

That’s the way I’m reading it also.

This section on the death certificate is for reporting the sequence of conditions that led directly to death. The immediate cause of death, which is the disease or condition that directly preceded death and is not necessarily the underlying cause of death (UCOD), should be reported on line a. The conditions that led to the immediate cause of death should be reported in a logical sequence in terms of time and etiology below it. The UCOD, which is “(a) the disease or injury which initiated the train of morbid events leading directly to death or (b) the circumstances of the accident or violence which produced the fatal injury” (7), should be reported on the lowest line used in Part I.

Approximate interval: Onset to death For each condition reported in Part I, the time interval between the presumed onset of the condition, not the diagnosis, and death should be reported. It is acceptable to approximate the intervals or use general terms, such as hours, days, weeks, or years.

Part II Other significant conditions that contributed to the death, but are not a part of the sequence in Part I, should be reported in Part II. Not all conditions present at the time of death have to be reported—only those conditions that actually contributed to death.

(post by Drucifer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You got it..

Am I interpreting this CDC directive correctly?

Seems to be a thing here in Allegheny County Pennsylvania the last 3 days.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

You got it..

Quite the contrary.

edit on 4/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

My point (edited) was that an increase in deaths is an increase in deaths. If someone who had a underlying condition dies because coronavirus exacerbated it, so what? Perhaps coronavirus didn't kill them, but they died because of coronavirus.

Save that thought.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

There might -- just might -- be a reasonable explanation for this. This is the CDC, so I'm not ready to give them that much credit, but it might be worth mentioning.

One of the reasons that antibiotic-resistant infections have been so hard to contain and track is because the cause of death is usually listed as the damaged body part, rather than the infection itself. So if someone gets an antibiotic-resistant infection in the kidneys causing the kidneys to fail, then kidney failure is listed as the cause of death, and not the antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The suspicion is that because these are almost always hospital acquired infections -- i.e., these infections were introduced directly into the body during surgery or other medical procedures by tainted instruments -- the hospitals don't want to identify the infection due to liability issues.

I suppose it's possible that Trump (or someone) intends to go after China for liability issues, and therefore they want all possible CoV-19 patients identified as such. Since they've already figured out how to hide such numbers, I suppose they know how to flip it and do the opposite as well.

But this is just an informed guess at best. So take it for what it's worth!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join