It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. CDC tells Coroners Hospitals - All Who Die With Covid-19 Should have COD Listed as Covid-19.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The U.S. Centers For Disease Control (CDC) issued a directive to Hospitals and Coroners on March 24, 2020. If a person has Covid-19 when they die, their Cause Of Death (COD) is to be listed as Covid-19.

COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused, or is
assumed to have caused, or contributed to death

Source Document: www.cdc.gov...

From the CDC "Covid-19 Alerts" section at: www.cdc.gov...

Example: If Jim has a car accident and dies, and the post-mortem testing indicates that he has CoronaVirus-19, his cause of death is to be listed as "Covid-19".

Am I interpreting this CDC directive correctly?

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/1/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I really wish we had easy access to data. I want to see the monthly death rates(for even just NY) and the amount that die each month for everything and the rates today for who's dying from C19.

I'm sure the totals will be higher, but I'd bet a nice sum of "other" usual deaths are being moved around into different columns.

Like your OP mentions. If a guy dies in a car accident but has C19, even asymptomatic(my assumption) chalk him up in the pandemic as another death.

Look, It's obviously real, but this may be the biggest exploitation of "never let a crisis go to waste" that is being pushed onto people. I think in the end, the hard numbers will show that and eventually people WILL start asking questions.
edit on 1-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

No. This wasn't done for any other virus of bacteria. Totally stupid. By and large those that are dying already had serious health issues. The virus wasn't the thing that got them to the final thing. It was a piss poor lifestyle. Smoking, obesity, drinking. I noticed for many of the deaths they won't show their whole body but anyone could tell from their face their were morbidly obese. Total BS. Almost nobody who takes care of themselves is dying. And don't be a moron and say well so and so...blah blah. I said MOST were garbage bins. Not everyone.

The biggest problem we have is not the virus. It's being fat trash bags that don't take care of themselves and have weak immune system. In China, many of the death were hardcore smokers from what I read. Well go figure. No wonder they had trouble breathing. They already had trouble breathing.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It says as long as they “suspect” it “may” have “attributed” to their death to Mark it as Covid-19

This # needs to go viral now!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Since millions are likely infected by Covid-19 without even knowing it, and thousands of them will die from some other reason, running a post-mortem test, finding Covid-19, and assigning that as the cause-of-death, will certainly drive up the Covid-19 death toll. That's for sure.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Since millions are likely infected by Covid-19 without even knowing it, and thousands of them will die from some other reason, running a post-mortem test, finding Covid-19, and assigning that as the cause-of-death, will certainly drive up the Covid-19 death toll. That's for sure.

And while there may be some malevolent nature to the whole thing, which I'm leaning towards. It also could just boil down to a bunch of statie #s that want federal money. Pardon my language.

Either way, exploitation is the same whether it's a global conspiracy or just some local governor trying to line his pockets.

Like I said, I hope someday all the data comes out and it can be scrutinized and those that played into the fear and hysteria are held accountable.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

So you're saying Covid-19 was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back". It's just strange to see the U.S. Centers for Disease Control seeking to ramp up the U.S. death toll. But I don't know a thing about the leadership at that agency.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

It says as long as they “suspect” it “may” have “attributed” to their death to Mark it as Covid-19

This # needs to go viral now!

I bet some coroners like being able to close a case so easily. Especially since they're extra busy now.

Maybe someone at the hospital does this, and saves the county coroner a bunch of work?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Nothing surprises me anymore.
My mom died once....
Died of a stroke ..
But I bet she is on several stat sheets.

Stroke
Second hand smoke..ended 20 yrs before
Colon cancer..
Spot on lungs and liver so both of those...

They all need their stats padded so anyone with covid died from covid.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You mean an investigation into the alleged Covid-19 deaths...like Jim, who died in the auto accident?

Congressman Adam Schiff wants to set up a special commission to look into Covid-19 deaths in the USA, after Congress gathers the nerve to return to Washington.

I think his commission will find things he'd prefer to keep hidden.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Like I said, I hope someday all the data comes out and it can be scrutinized and those that played into the fear and hysteria are held accountable.

This is like a half wit mindless school proctor telling the school bully

Alright now honey you play nice okay?

Yes Mrs Halfwit

Stomps toe and runs away

edit on 1-4-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Example: If Jim has a car accident and dies, and the post-mortem testing indicates that he has CoronaVirus-19, his cause of death is to be listed as "Covid-19".
Bull#. It may be noted that the patient tested positive but the cause of death would be trauma.

The coding is specific to coronavirus infections. It is a new code for a new disease.

Will COVID-19 be the underlying cause?
The underlying cause depends upon what and where conditions are reported on the death certificate. However, the rules for coding and selection of the underlying cause of death are expected to result in COVID-19 being the underlying cause more often than not.

What happens if certifiers report terms other than the suggested terms?
If a death certificate reports coronavirus without identifying a specific strain or explicitly specifying that it is not COVID-19, NCHS will ask the states to follow up to verify whether or not the coronavirus was COVID-19. As long as the phrase used indicates the 2019 coronavirus strain, NCHS expects to assign the new code. However, it is preferable and more straightforward for certifiers to use the standard terminology (COVID-19).

What happens if the terms reported on the death certificate indicate uncertainty?
If the death certificate reports terms such as “probable COVID-19” or “likely COVID-19,” these terms would be assigned the new ICD code. It Is not likely that NCHS will follow up on these cases. If “pending COVID-19 testing” is reported on the death certificate, this would be considered a pending record. In this scenario, NCHS would expect to receive an updated record, since the code will likely result in R99. In this case, NCHS will ask the states to follow up to verify if test results confirmed that the decedent had COVID-19.

edit on 4/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Our CDC may have learned this "trick" from Italy. The Italian Health Department re-examined the death records of those who have died thus far from Covid-19, and found that Covid-19 was NOT the primary cause of death in 88% of the deaths.

There are certain Mainstream Media on-air "expert guests" who keep saying that what's happening in Italy, will happen in the United States.

Hell, maybe our CDC has adopted the Italy model intentionally, since the directive referred to in the opening post wasn't issued until March 24th...about 7 days ago.

Did the U.S. death toll start ramping up suddenly in the last 6 days or so?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Those who pushed for the lockdown need a proof this was a bad bad wolf. If death toll is low, questions about validity and alterior causes would come - eg. why a 0.2% fatality rate virus causes this when a 0.1% fatality rate regular flu virus does not.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

And while there may be some malevolent nature to the whole thing, which I'm leaning towards. It also could just boil down to a bunch of statie #s that want federal money. Pardon my language.

Either way, exploitation is the same whether it's a global conspiracy or just some local governor trying to line his pockets.

I could definitely see some officials wanting to count every possible death they could to give them a better jockeying position to get every dime of that federal disaster money they can.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

CDC is evil and full scandals, lies and cover-ups

If questionable COD are listed as Covid-19 this would botch numbers... extend CDC federal overreach, and probably prolong Nazi like lock downs.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Our CDC may have learned this "trick" from Italy.

There is no "trick." There is a new code for a new disease.

COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death. Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc. If the decedent had other chronic conditions such as COPD or asthma that may have also contributed, these conditions can be reported in Part II. (See attached Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths)

edit on 4/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Am I interpreting this CDC directive correctly?

No, it doesn't say that Covid should be listed as COD just because they test positive.

It says that it should be listed if "the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death".

So, someone who is shot and dies from those wounds and tests positive doesn't get Covid listed as COD.

Some might still list it, but that isn't what the directive is saying to do.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Those who pushed for the lockdown need a proof this was a bad bad wolf. If death toll is low, questions about validity and alterior causes would come - eg. why a 0.2% fatality rate virus causes this when a 0.1% fatality rate regular flu virus does not.

Interesting you say that, because Dr. Fauci published an article about a month ago explaining why the death rate might be much lower than current estimates. At the time, based on the U.S.'s current "official" death rate, using Fauci's reasoning the death rate could've been as low as 0.23%.

Our "official" death rate has gone up since then, but if they're really padding it like this, the official death rate is useless.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join