It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Should Not Be A Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
For some here, this is going to be all rather inevitable and only the tip of the iceberg.

Grounded planes amid the coronavirus pandemic will cut aviation emissions in half, says report

That should not be a story. It shouldn't be a story because when you actually ban all air traffic in and out of your country, what the bloody hell do you think was going to happen?

But it is a story. It's a story because it's a suggestion about permanently cutting carbon emissions, by keeping planes out of the air.

"If the cuts to flights announced by Qantas and Virgin continue into spring, it would more than halve projected commercial aviation emissions in Australia."

While it's not explicitly noted in the article, the suggestion that stopping people flying and reduced carbon emissions is clearly there.

These are worrying times.

Oh, and one more thing;

The following is a quote from the NSW Premier, Ms Berejiklian said.

"At this stage we are still, to an extent, controlling the spread but we know we can't do that forever.

Spilled Tomato Source Down My Front

We can't do that forever. Have a think about those words for a little bit, then ponder the fact that we've just thrown our entire economy under a bus.

edit on 1 4 2020 by myselfaswell because: added link

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Lots of things should not be a story.
Remember, the media preys on the ignorant.

They report anything and everything that provokes an emotional response of any kind.

Yes, I agree, though. This whole stage stinks to high hell, and I'm not liking the play they're putting on.
edit on 1-4-2020 by Crosswinds because: grammar

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My sister landed in Florida earlier today (for some reason moving there rn seemed like a good idea).

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I'm wondering why it only cut the emmissions by HALF.

Are HALF of the world's planes still flying?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wonder if the decreased airport traffic cuts CNN's ratings in half?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think the point is that we see the "good" that comes out of this rather than what's taking place on a more solemn level. That way we'll do that funny walk with them and hand out our liberties like they never mattered in the first place.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

Remember, the media preys on the ignorant.

This ^^^^^^^^^
Effin best post in the last 10 years...

top topics

join