It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is any of the Coronavirus news true?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Fox News was calling this a problem and calling out Democrat’s before other MSN outlets.

That's right Bucko - Don't bash FOX News, they are way more credible than the other News Sources.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

You mean a major news conglomerate has all of their stations report the same news? OMFG it’s a conspiracy.

How is that anything other than a corporation doing what is cheapest as far as writing the script for the news anchors?

I could pull up many clips from the various news agencies that do the exact same thing.

edit on 5-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

You mean a major news conglomerate has all of their stations report the same news? OMFG it’s a conspiracy.

How is that anything other than a corporation doing what is cheapest as far as writing the script for the news anchors?

I could pull up many clips from the various news agencies that do the exact same thing.

He was told that was some kind of evidence Fox is terrible. He didn't think about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It all reminds me of the "Scott Templeton" character on season 5 of the Wire.
The reporter who keeps reporting stuff that is "too good" from "lucky" encounters with people who give him sweet quotes.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

That season aired in 2008. I figure such reporters were probably rare back then, but the temptation to over sensationalize stories in order to keep viewers/readers must have been strong back then.

I wonder if the temptation has gotten weaker since then, or......... stronger.....?

originally posted by: face23785

The only one I saw that went to Twitter was one that went to Governor Cuomo's Twitter, and it was a video of one of his briefings where he is talking about numbers from the state's health agency. Again, seems pretty official to me. Still up to you if you believe them or not.

Oh ok.

That explains it! It would have to be someone important's twitter for it to make sense.

I hadn't considered that the twitter might be to a governor.

That means we're at least getting what a governor is willing to stake their reputation on.

originally posted by: Jamie2018

Fox News was calling this a problem and calling out Democrat’s before other MSN outlets.

That's right Bucko - Don't bash FOX News, they are way more credible than the other News Sources.

That isn't saying much.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Not sure how anyone can defend that, oh wait its ATS, mental gymnastics will take place becuase Fox is the bastion of honesty

Great clip of the borg in action

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is a comment on yahoo comment section ten minutes ago

6 minutes ago
I live in NYC. I have a friend in a hotel there. The military, as in Army occupy 90% of the rooms. My friend asked what they are doing to help NYC. They wouldn’t answer and were not happy the question was asked. They finally said they were here to indefinitely help the Governor. My friend said she seemed to be the only one that knew they were in NYC. Their answer: That’s a good thing. They are also not social distancing or wearing any PPE, which they all have. My friend took pictures of this. In the room next door, a senior ranking military officer was talking on the phone about deploying the army in teams to different venues in the NYC. Also mentioned in the conversation was the role of the Air Force in this military operation. This is scary stuff. Now, I read this article. The news isn’t covering ANY of this. If the military aren’t social distancing or wearing PPE, what do they know that WE DON’T???? There is more to this virus than what we are being allowed to know. We found this out by coincidence, or not. Be careful, every politician is lying. There are some very dangerous things going on, in the name of the virus. Question all these discrepancies. Everything is upside down for a reason. All are liberties and freedom are at risk. Do we let it happen or fight back? Once the military goes into full throttle, it will be hard to fight back. Martial law is coming, and NYC is honestly already shut down. Once NYC goes, the rest of the country will easily follow. I wish I was making this up!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying they think the virus has something else to it.

I don't buy it.

I think: the virus was SUPPOSED TO have some kind of extra kick to it.

IE. it was created with stronger attributes. The whole plan after that was tooled to a far worse outbreak, including news story scripts being pre-written around that outcome.

But instead, after the disease got released it mutated, and became more benign (because most corona diseases are, and that is the natural course of its evolution.)

So, not having enough time to write new scripts, the major "news" outlets are just taking the best available "it's bad" footage they can get, and running the ones they have anyway.

That's why there is such a mismatch. It's because the script they have was supposed to be completely accurate, if only the disease hadn't mutated.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That’s so rich coming from the person who was quoting China’s numbers up until a week ago as if they were reliable when every other Tom, Dick & Harry on ATS could read between the lines and knew they lacked SEVERE credibility.

Also rich coming from the same person who tried advising a Doctor in that same thread that he should not be wearing PPE - I laughed out loud at this, especially once you backtracked on realising they were a medical professional. The WHO also advised to wear PPE by the way, and now the UK are beginning to follow suit.

I think you also questioned and let me quote this correctly ‘why does it matter if it’s a bioweapon - how will that help?’ - no context needed there.

Come on man, the above points are literally hilarious. You’re either a troll or you’re hellbent on gaining online Kudos by acting like a knowitall. I’m going with the latter... Drop the intelligent act man, we all see through it.

And you’re certainly not in a position to call anyone out on their opinions (see above).

edit on 5-4-2020 by HallowedEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HallowedEarth

That’s so rich coming from the person who was quoting China’s numbers up until a week
I don't recall doing so. Can you provide an example?

Also rich coming from the same person who tried advising a Doctor in that same thread that he should not be wearing PPE
I do remember questioning the value of homemade masks as protection from infection. I don't' recall advising anyone against wearing a mask or other PPE.

I think you also questioned and let me quote this correctly ‘why does it matter if it’s a bioweapon - how will that help?’
I don't recall saying exactly that but it does sound logical.

And you’re certainly not in a position to call anyone out on their opinions (see above).
I would never call someone out for expressing an opinion, but that doesn't mean I won't question it.

Come on man, the above points are literally hilarious.
I'm glad I can provide some amusement for you. It's nice that you devoted a post to me but ATS isn't really about discussing its members.

edit on 4/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Here's a question... how many of you that believe this pandemic is all a big hoax

Objection: assumes facts not in evidence.

I haven't seen anyone claim it is a hoax.

The response/reaction to it is an absurd over-reaction, yes. If that is what you meant, then say so.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Ask them if they visited this hospital..

edit on 4/8/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Here's a question... how many of you that believe this pandemic is all a big hoax

The response/reaction to it is an absurd over-reaction, yes. If that is what you meant, then say so.

You can say the response to covid-19 is an overreaction....bit then you'd be arguing with the experts at all of the biggest and most respected medical institutions around the world.

Who are we to believe hmmmmm. I think I'll go with the experts.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The experts that keep lowering the numbers?

You do realize some experts said we are all going to die.

You must also realize other experts said we need the elderly and at risk to self isolate and most of the rest of us will be fine.

Which experts should we listen too?

I prefer to listen to the ones who seem to have gotten right from the beginning and haven’t had to change their models numerous times.

You chose to believe the experts paraded in front of you by the MSN who get better ratings selling fear.
edit on 8-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yes. It seems that the measures being taken are having an effect. Perhaps better than expected.

I don't. Can you provide an example?

I prefer to listen to the ones who seem to have gotten right from the beginning and haven’t had to change their models numerous times.
Sounds like good information. Can you provide links to those experts and their models? No youtube videos, please. I prefer to read such things, original sources, dated.
edit on 4/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is just like "the boy who cried wolf".

The first two times, he just wants attention, and so he sees something like maybe a squirrel or snake, or maybe even a fox, and cries WOOOOOOLLLLFFFF!!!!

Everyone comes running and there is no wolf.

But the third time there really was a wolf.

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: tanstaafl

You can say the response to covid-19 is an overreaction....bit then you'd be arguing with the experts at all of the biggest and most respected medical institutions around the world.

Who are we to believe hmmmmm. I think I'll go with the experts.

You mean the wolf criers who told us Soars was going to be a world shaking epidemic?

I think they might be telling news outlets to inflate the hysteria, because they want people to take their "social distancing" advice seriously.

Social distancing will certainly not prevent the whole world from getting infected in the long run. (Not less we could keep it up indefinitely.)

However, it will prevent the cases from all hitting the healthcare system at the same time.

So yeah. They might be telling news outlets to lie, because they are totally stupid about maintaining their long term credibility.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Go figure..
Specific measures have been implemented to mitigate or lower the risk of exposure and what do you know, they appear to be working and thus lowering estimates.

Please list one single example of any expert saying we are all going to die.

I already know you wont be able to but this is a typical CT approach so maybe this time you will be the exception to common CT strategy.

Which experts should we listen too?

The experts that are qualified and informed enough to talk about it.

Random Joe the CT on YouTube making logic jumps wouldn't be in that group.

Because all the facts are already known and were already known when this started so it's unacceptable for models to be modified as different variables or information becomes known?

For example prior to knowing if social distancing was effective one model was used.
Now that social distancing, along with other measures , seem to having a positive impact those models are being adjusted to reflect that impact.

edit on 8-4-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ah no! Corona virus is no more deadly then a million other things out there. More then some, a whole hell of a lot less then a lot of other things out there taken for granted, including car crashes, scams, and other such daily things.

But the countdown for the end of this civilization has begun. It is plain and simple not manageable or sustainable, and shifting things back and forth every few years. Does not achieve anything. All of this and mass media effect. Its a placebo. And placebos are very much so highly effective.

Etc etc. Fear, is the name of the game.

edit on 10pmWednesdaypm082020f3pmWed, 08 Apr 2020 22:50:27 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

***APPLAUSE***

I don't comment on Coronamania anymore, but I can never resist reading your exquisite ripostes, Phage, irrespective of whether I agree or disagree.

In fact, when I first joined ATS and was reading through some of the 'classic' ATS threads of old, the "Nicola[sic] Tesla. Stifled Hero" thread you authored in 2013 is positively legendary, and fulfilled its purpose (I suspect) of exposing various ATS members' underlying beliefs in a very controversial area.

'Laconically Unflappable' is a phrase that springs to mind.

Awwww... I guess I've just gone and embarrassed ya...

Then again, perhaps not.

edit on 8-4-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Estimates ranged from 94,000 to 2 million.

The we are all going to die crowd is the 2 million I was talking about. If your can’t understand hyperbole that’s not my problem.

Here is your link for the 94K crowd.

Not sure the link will work, here is a quote. You can google the rest for yourself.
www.ft.com...

Will it kill around 94,000 people in the US, as academics at the University of Washington have predicted? Or will it be closer to the 2.2m worst-case scenario as outlined by Neil Ferguson and his team at Imperial College?

We have no idea how much mitigation changed the curve. Unless you know what percentage of the population in hot spots like New York or New Jersey were actually infected it’s impossible to know exactly how much mitigation helped.

Were the lines of people crammed into grocery stores flattening the curve? Were the minimum wage workers that continued to make food and serve customers who were hiding there illness because they couldn’t afford to lose a paycheck flattening the curve. I have first hand knowledge of both of these things.

So if we are only allowed to present facts, please present me with the factual data on how many lives were saved from mitigation?

Should we take estimates from the 2 million crowd on this who have since walked back their estimates even without accounting for mitigation? Or maybe we should ask the 94K experts who seemed to have a better model to start with?

I’m sure those with the highest models will want us to believe that mitigation was an outright miracle since we destroyed most of the global economy based on their apparently flawed models.

I’m fairly certain that it has some impact. But I don’t think it had near the short term or long term impact that some who made bad models to begin with would like us to believe. That is my opinion.

But without a cure, proven treatment or a vaccine it is likely that if we return to normalcy the people who avoided it this round will get in subsequent months. Unless we are lucky that it doesn’t survive well in summer and we have a vaccine, proven cure or treatment by next season.

So it is really impossible to know how much mitigation helps in both the short term or long term.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You can read the reply directly above this.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join