It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Man, 99, Charged With Violating State's Coronavirus Emergency Rules

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I saw this via The Smoking Gun. Unlike most things I've seen there it lacks documentation, but in my experience they've always been very reliable. One particular thing stood out and it isn't the first time I've seen it with the Corona Crime articles.

Responding to a 4:30 PM call about an illegal social gathering, cops found...

So now that people are turning in their neighbors because this virus is so severe, now that we have politicians and governments threatening people with jail for violating their order, exactly how long do you suppose it will be before there is a financial incentive for turning in those violating the quarantine orders?

How long until all the good little authoritarians are collecting a bounty for every person they turn in? If you get an E-vite or see a Facebook post for any gathering then forward it to the police for fun and profit. See something say something, comrades. Only through solidarity can we defeat the virus so anyone not doing their part is unpatriotic and they don't care about you. I wonder what it would cost for somebody to go from minding their own business to turning in their neighbor, their uncle, their mother, their spouse? Is it $50, $100, $500?

I'm slowly being pulled toward the side of the fence that is wondering exactly where we're going with this all. It's getting a little more surreal every day. How long before this is normal? How long before this seems like the good old days?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

It was a party. A party of idiots who were violating the law and endangering the community.

“Responding officers found a group of individuals, including children, on the front lawn and inside the residence,” Ocean County Prosecutor Bradley D. Billhimer and Lakewood Police Chief Gregory Meyer said in a joint statement. There were six children present at the Spruce Street home in addition to the 10 adults who were issued summonses when police arrived at 4:30 p.m., they said.

The gathering was in violation of Gov. Phil Murphy’s executive order, signed March 21, that bans “gatherings of individuals, whether they be at weddings, parties, celebrations, or other social events,” Billhimer and Meyer said.

www.lehighvalleylive.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
So now that people are turning in their neighbors because this virus is so severe, .....

I'm going to insert my favorite word in bold...

So now that people are turning in their neighbors because this virus is apparently so severe,

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Party at your house then?

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

In communist countries, neighbors spied on neighbors, children spied on parents, students spied on teachers.

We're almost there!

*sniff*

Bernie will be so proud!

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

People exercising Constitutional Rights and freedoms now labeled "idiots who were violating the law." Orwell didn't go far enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
So now that people are turning in their neighbors because this virus is so severe, now that we have politicians and governments threatening people with jail for violating their order, exactly how long do you suppose it will be before there is a financial incentive for turning in those violating the quarantine orders?

We need to go back to practicing the universal policy of "snitches get stitches" as the average American clearly values nothing over their illusion of safety from a random threat of physical malady or statistically unprobable death. That will end this nonsense quickly, regardless the snitch fund payouts the government's bitches and little pet dogs are promised.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Idiots like this (there are millions of them across the country) terrify me because many of them will end up in the hospital.

My daughter is an ICU nurse.

The more idiots who end up in her ICU / hospital, the more chance she has of taking a high viral load at any given time and having severe complications.

She also has a 5 month old little girl at home.

Idiots.....
edit on 1-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You have no constitutional right to violate the law.
Do so and accept the consequences.

edit on 4/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It was a party. A party of idiots who were violating the law and endangering the community.

Is it one of those safe space communities with communist laws?

Was the community at the party?

This doesn't sound like the USA.... oh wait, it's New Jersey.... never mind . : P

edit on 1-4-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

My son is out playing in the yard with some other boys about his age in the neighborhood.

What am I supposed to do? Slap him in a straight jacket and confine him forcibly to his room while all the other parents do the same?

We already tried telling them they had to stay in their own yards and ignore their friends right there in front of them. It didn't work. So what? Punish them for what they've always done and always been allowed to do? We tried explaining to them that even though we're all perfectly healthy ... some jackwagon in city hall would prefer they climb the walls ... because it's the only way to be sure.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The law doesn't have a right to infringe on certain freedoms though.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

So they can go to the store 3 times a day and mingle, but an engagement party endangers the community. Got it.

It's not an issue of them being stupid or of the virus being real. There's a much deeper issue here. If you refuse to see it that's fine, but it's absolutely preposterous to suggest that this is somehow more dangerous than all kinds of "essential" jobs still functioning.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We already tried telling them they had to stay in their own yards and ignore their friends right there in front of them. It didn't work.
Disobedient lot.

The law doesn't have a right to infringe on certain freedoms though.

Good thing there is due process. Courts and stuff.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Is every law Constitutional?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So they can go to the store 3 times a day and mingle, but an engagement party endangers the community.

If they're going to the store 3 times a day they are indeed idiots. But the law does not prohibit going to the store.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

My son is out playing in the yard with some other boys about his age in the neighborhood.

If I report you, maybe the government will like me better and treat me better!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Oh they stayed in their yards, but things were tossed over the fences and passed through the fences, etc. In the end, it defeated the whole idea of sending them outside and telling them to stay in their yards.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

People exercising Constitutional Rights and freedoms now labeled "idiots who were violating the law." Orwell didn't go far enough.

Damn,

Are you also OK with HIV positive people deliberately having unprotected sex with others and not telling them they are HIV positive? After all HIV only kills 13,000 a year. It isn't that bad.

We know the leftest in California are a OK with that. Who has the greater "rights" in that instance?

The "Right" to infect others has always been a Leftest cause... how are so many on the Right in favor of that now?

There is such a thing as "Personal Responsibility" and "Community Safety". This is one of those times.

edit on 1-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko

If I report you, maybe the government will like me better and treat me better!

I'm sure your chocolate ration will be increased from 10 grams to 8!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join