It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Up With This Asteroid Stuff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Its Betelgeuse. The supernova is hitting earth with a gamma ray burst very soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UltimaRatio1

Interesting!

Tell us more!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
can people just skip to a coherent mechanism of HOW teh N19COVID measures will " help " against this alledged " gian meteor " ?????

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

That is the $64k question.

All I gather is that it's supposed to "keep people from killing each other and panicking" and to make their last days on earth more peaceful and meaningful. It's a "distraction" according to "Team Asteroid 2020."

Methinks the logic is that it prevents end of times chaos.

I think that logic is off because, like I said in the (probably only semi coherent) OP, if they wanted people's last days to be nice and peaceful or whatever, slamming everyone into their homes and telling them to sing kumbaya isn't going to work. It just makes people more suspicious and panicky. It's not a pleasant way to live one's last days.
Separated from loved ones, glued to their phones, etc.

If I were the gov, I'd push to make life as normal as possible. And if someone found the meteor, just have nasa or someone find a way to downplay it, and let the people who are smart enough to see through that ruse while the sheeple call CT.

Why cover an apocalypse with an apocalypse?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
can people just skip to a coherent mechanism of HOW teh N19COVID measures will " help " against this alledged " gian meteor " ?????

You will be sheltered in place with plenty of TP and stuff.

That will up the odds of survival, I would think.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I am not the most educated when it comes to space, I am always learning more things and it’s thanks to knowledgeable people on here that I can try to piece together a better understanding.

What I find fascinating is the forces at work in space and how they interact in that medium. I don’t believe we have all the information to fully quantify everything

Does the sun use magnetism to hold the planets in its gravity? Is gravity or magnetism a constant number (amount of force) perpetuating out or does it dwindle down?

Is it more like an electric field? Magnetism is tough because when I see two magnets, there is a “point of no return” when the magnets are pulled together....does that same point of no return at the sun? Are there objects at the periphery that wiggle on the edge of this magnetism?

All force being equal within the field makes more sense to me, to have enough magnetism to hold Pluto would that not mean the inner planets like Venus are in that “point of no return” and be sucked into the sun at an alarming speed?

With all that being said, I find it hard to believe that a rock that contains carbon (why it’s green?) which means it would have been a planet or piece of a planet at one point?....which has an atmosphere half the size of the sun? Generating out of a rock only a few miles wide???, would have no effect on this magnetism or force field we are in.

I get it, it’s not gonna hit earth, but tell me how the sun can hold onto Pluto but then wouldn’t suck this thing in at periphery? When it is rounding the sun?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
UltimaRatio1:

Its Betelgeuse. The supernova is hitting earth with a gamma ray burst very soon.

Er, no. We are not in the firing line, and even if we were, it is too far away to do any real damage, This has already been discussed elsewhere on the site.

As for all this asteroid stuff, well, it's debris in space ini't? We have Comet Atlas passing us by, nice portent that one. At least this 10km chunk of ice and rock is going to miss us by quite some distance.

Asteroids are there threatening all the time. In fact, the earth is hit all the time by them, the big ones made of rock and iron are the ones we need to worry about, but worry only if they are 1km or larger and on a bee line straight for us. Preferably we could do with ocean impacts rather than land impacts. Also, if they are big enough and impact the earth at a certain angle, the asteroid's direction will determine if it slows the earth's rotation or speeds it up with the massive jolt it would deliver. Needless to say, that a land impact by a big one would upset the tectonics somewhat and provide the earth with one mighty shiver.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Asteroids are there threatening all the time. In fact, the earth is hit all the time by them, the big ones made of rock and iron are the ones we need to worry about, but worry only if they are 1km or larger and on a bee line straight for us. Preferably we could do with ocean impacts rather than land impacts. Also, if they are big enough and impact the earth at a certain angle, the asteroid's direction will determine if it slows the earth's rotation or speeds it up with the massive jolt it would deliver. Needless to say, that a land impact by a big one would upset the tectonics somewhat and provide the earth with one mighty shiver.

No entirely true - even relatively small asteroid can cause considerable damage, even if does not reach surface and explodes in air burst

Example are Chelyabinsk (2013) which was only estimated 20 meters It exploded high in atmosphere with force of 500 kiloton and caused considerable damage on ground

Then there is Tunguska (1908) estimated 40 meters or so It again exploded above ground with force estimated at 5 megatons Fortunately hit in Siberian wilderness so no damage or casualties

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join