It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientist, The hunt for patient zero: Where did the coronavirus outbreak start?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
New Scientist seems to be joining the ranks of doubters as to the source of the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan.

"Growing evidence suggests the covid-19 outbreak may not have started at Wuhan’s Huanan Seafood Market in December after all. Finding its origins may help us stop it happening again"

"As the world fights to tackle the covid-19 pandemic, a mystery remains: how and when did the virus cross over into humans? Doubt has been cast on the idea that it happened in the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, in December, and now researchers are trying to identify the real source of the infection. The hope is that this knowledge could help prevent future pandemics of other new coronaviruses."

Read more: www.newscientist.com...

This is what quite a few people have had thoughts for a time, one such person Mark Oliver, who works for The Guardian, posted a story on that subject which was well laid out with thorough information in detail.

listverse.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

is that another group of "independent" scientist bending the knee to communist propaganda? your first link is paywalled

China has been lying and covering it up the entire time:
www.nytimes.com...

nypost.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

china has been smuggling flu dna for a while now:
news.yahoo.com...

the FBI appears to be concerned with dual-use research that would be used for bioterrorism.

www.npr.org...

The U.S. government charged two Boston-area academics with lying about their contacts with the Chinese government, and a third with allegedly attempting to smuggle biological research out of the U.S.

the WHO has been covering for them the whole time, china bankrolled the WHO leader so he is loyal to his handlers:
www.theatlantic.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

this is entirely communist china's fault, and they need to be held responsible. it is bio terrorism and a act of war

edit on 1-4-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (more links and spelling/grammar changes)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

It is important you read the story at the listverse link.
It is written by a good source.
Obviously the outbreak was in Wuhan, a Chinese individual or group would be responsible, but there is more to the story than just the outbreak itself.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

China..
It started there.
Nothing but lies from them since.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

C H I N A and it infected themselves in the process.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

well with a population of over 1 billion, whats a couple million old people in the quest for global domination... i see it as they would rather take the hit here so when the get around to full hot war their army's death toll will be lower becasue all their enemies are already compromised with the Wu-flu... you see how many Navy ships are infected already.

we are in a bad place right now if the white horse of war starts to ride.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

apologies, i didn't see that one... looks like they are trying to tie it to biowarfare and the Wuhan institute of virology. Good!

China is the worlds enemy!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: KTemplar

well with a population of over 1 billion, whats a couple million old people in the quest for global domination... i see it as they would rather take the hit here so when the get around to full hot war their army's death toll will be lower becasue all their enemies are already compromised with the Wu-flu... you see how many Navy ships are infected already.

we are in a bad place right now if the white horse of war starts to ride.

I know.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ah so the active disinformation campaign by the pro-CCP political party has commenced in earnest.

It may not pay; think google is taking down the Edge of Wonder channel on Youtube. But they did a multi-part series that clearly identifies who developed the virus, and where it came from.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Smoky, you got mail!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Guys I have been following; yea, it started in Wuhan; yeah, it came out of the Biolab there.

Whatever. If CNN denies it, you know its true.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The following is a depiction of how easily mutations affect the Covid19 virus since it's discovery and identification back in December.

Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus

This level of RNA instability is fairly typical for coronaviruses.

I don't think that the New Scientist article is suggesting that Covid19 was engineered in a lab. But I can't be sure because the article is behind a paywall.

It has already been established, at several labs, that Covid19 had a natural source.

I believe that the New Scientist article is talking about the latest and earliest (November 17 - December 1) "patient zero" candidate who did not visit the Wuhan markets. He was a 55 year old male with Alzheimer's who lived about 300km from Wuhan and had no contact with the markets because it was "four or five" consecutive bus trips away, he hardly went out anyway, and he was sick at the time.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The following is a depiction of how easily mutations affect the Covid19 virus since it's discovery and identification back in December.

I don't think that the New Scientist article is suggesting that Covid19 was engineered in a lab. But I can't be sure because the article is behind a paywall.

It has already been established, at several labs, that Covid19 had a natural source.

I believe that the New Scientist article is talking about the latest and earliest (November 17 - December 1) "patient zero" candidate who did not visit the Wuhan markets. He was a 55 year old male with Alzheimer's who lived about 300km from Wuhan and had no contact with the markets because it was "four or five" consecutive bus trips away, he hardly went out anyway, and he was sick at the time.

That, I think is correct...although to be consistent, it is the area of doubt that the market was involved is common to Oliver's story, and New Scientist. As well as that, Oliver's story says those early sick people were not at the market, and never used the market. That the university virology lab is not very far from the market, across the road and down a bit, then has to be taken into account, especially if you consider that...according to Oliver, the work in that lab is unique in China....and to add,
Xi Jinping has said that he is controlling biosecurity risks “to protect the people’s health.” PLA bioweapons experts are in charge. biosecurity risks “to protect the people’s health.” PLA bioweapons experts are in charge....yes a bioweapons expert, and yes the Wuhan lab does also work on bioweapons,
You don't actually need to be a dyed in the wool conspiracy to say to yourself, What is going on here?
edit on 1-4-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

"It had a natural source" is a nice play of words. That natural source could sit in a bio lab and bite someone and there is no way to disprove it

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

"It had a natural source" is a nice play of words. That natural source could sit in a bio lab and bite someone and there is no way to disprove it

Except that the bitten person would not have provided a vector to transmit to the public, in a biolab.

In the rest of the world, there aren't any barriers. That is the primary differentiator between a secure biolab and everything else.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
New Scientist seems to be joining the ranks of doubters as to the source of the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan.

"Growing evidence suggests the covid-19 outbreak may not have started at Wuhan’s Huanan Seafood Market in December after all. Finding its origins may help us stop it happening again"

"As the world fights to tackle the covid-19 pandemic, a mystery remains: how and when did the virus cross over into humans? Doubt has been cast on the idea that it happened in the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, in December, and now researchers are trying to identify the real source of the infection. The hope is that this knowledge could help prevent future pandemics of other new coronaviruses."

This is what quite a few people have had thoughts for a time, one such person Mark Oliver, who works for The Guardian, posted a story on that subject which was well laid out with thorough information in detail.

listverse.com...

And why does it matter at this point? Kinda like hunting for bigfoot to see if he really eats beef jerky.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

Except that the bitten person would not have provided a vector to transmit to the public, in a biolab.

In the rest of the world, there aren't any barriers. That is the primary differentiator between a secure biolab and everything else.

Secure, while I understand your point of view, is not necessarily a given if the research by product is something profitable...AKA any animals used in experiment, and there is some evidence for that when you consider these remarks,
February 2020,
"however, the rumors have kept spreading widely online, to the extent that Shi Zhengli, a lead researcher on bat-related viruses in the lab, posted on her WeChat account on Feb. 2 that the virus was “a punishment from the nature for humans’ uncivilized life habits,” and said she “guaranteed with her life” it was totally unrelated to the lab"
I see that as an admission of a facility that had been compromised, and that she knew it.

qz.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: smurfy

listverse.com...

And why does it matter at this point? Kinda like hunting for bigfoot to see if he really eats beef jerky.

Some sympathy with that, but let's remember that the lab had foreign actors involved in projects directly concerned with that research, I'll bet you they didn't go home with empty hands.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I heard that they actually know precisely it's point of origin and when it essentially morphed into what it is...they basically can carbon date the virus as to when it was born. But it appears that china's wet markets are back at it...selling exotic animals..

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Finding its origins may help us stop it happening again"

Once they close those labs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join