It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resource Wars-Fallout Timeline Comparison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I enjoyed playing the Fallout video games, if anyone is not familiar with them they are based in a post apocalyptic version of America after a war between China and United States results in Nuclear Fallout.

Although this is completely coincidental (or is it?), I feel like the timeline in the video game, although not perfect, matches up suprisingly well with current events playing out around the globe.

The timeline doesn’t contain much before 2052, but I am inclined to believe we are there now so 2052(Fallout) is akin to 1970-(real-time)

2052, March 5th: The United States closes its borders.

April: Resource Wars begin. Smaller nations go bankrupt as the European Commonwealth declares war on the Middle East in response to rising oil prices.

May: The ailing United Nations begins to collapse. In a series of heated debates, many nations withdraw from the organization as the U.N. tries to keep the peace.

All of these things seem to have transpired or are currently transpiring as increasing populations are drain to resources globally and beginning to see the ramifications of such.

Now this is where it’s gets fun, for those of you who have bothered to follow along....

The socially transmitted New Plague arises, killing tens of thousands. The United States closes its borders and the first-ever national quarantine is declared. The source of the plague is unknown, but rumors persist that it is a genetically engineered weapon

I like how the resource wars, Great War are preceded by an initial Virus just like what is happening today. It even mentions first ever quarantines. Uncanny!

To finish off the year in 2053,

December: Like an exclamation mark on the end of a very bad year, a terrorist nuclear weapon destroys Tel Aviv

I hope that doesn’t happen but we will see, I will continue reading the Fallout history proceeding the Sino-American War

Of note, is a future “invasion” of Canada by America under the context of protecting Canada, but eventually leads to the annexation of Canada

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Yep, the parallels are spooky as hell, but there are differences too. For example, the Fallout universe didn't have transistors. Consequently, their TVs and radios were furniture and they used limited channels/frequencies. Fallout also had nuclear-powered cars there at the end (BOOM), personal robots and limited personal computer technology. They do not appear to have had internet as we know it though they did maintain dozens of extranets and point-to-point connections hardwired to one another (with single points of failure).

On the other hand, their MIC and corpo-plutocracy is very familiar, as is their concept of "Vaults" and their associated experiments. In our world, we call them "social media sites," "lifestyle reporting," and e-commerce.

I don't know if we'll go nuclear, to be honest. Our culture is nowhere near as nuclear-obsessed as theirs and we are willing to lock ourselves in our own homes during emergencies so "vaults" are redundant.

edit on 1-4-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Hey you Commie Pinko!
Join me on Fallout 76.
I will rescue you from the team
that demands you bend over
and Subvert to Chinese Penetration,
and hand over your wallet as well.
More of a truth than most realize.

Join me at Camp McClintock
Best Regards, SGT. GUTSY
S&F

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Vaults are not redundant.
In fact, every home should
have a basement shelter.
The Government should give
tax breaks to those who incorporate
such into their property.
Just like Solar Panels.
Hurricanes,Tornadoes,Solar Flares, Pandemics,War.
As there are no maintained
Fallout Shelters left for the
general public.
You are on your own pal. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
fallout.gamepedia.com...

Apparently it was a US military created bio weapon,but was stolen by chi com spies who released it by accident.

new topics

top topics

join