It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I'm officially tired of it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It, being you know what. Whether is deserves to be on the lips of 99 percent of americans 99 percent of the time anytime anyone utters more than one sentence to one another. It's gotten old now.

It's everything and it's everywhere and everyone is playing an angle.

I've been locked up for the last 2 weeks and while that is partially due to "the thing" its equally about me being amply supplied and just being a drunken sloth(Drink until 2 or 3 am, sleep until 1pm, wander around the house doing # all).

Honestly, I'd probably be doing that anyway without this crap.

I went out and mailed some bills today, seems town(small town, rural, upper midwest region of about 8K people) was way busier than it was 2 weeks ago. Lots of traffic, lots of people out walking. Seems most everyone elses interest is waining as well. Bare in mind, this is a state with a few hundred confirmed cases and less than a dozen deaths.

It's not that this thing isn't serious, but nice weather has finally come and it seems that most in this frigid #hole(my interpretation) have just had enough.

Now, I do see people keeping distance and wearing safety gear(gloves, wiping down counters, etc) but I guess people just aren't so willing to hole themselves up like those in the big cities are(and likely should).

I think I'll go hit some stores tomorrow(grocery, liquor) and drive by my local gun store and pop in to see how they are doing. People are taking precautions, but with so little outdoor time we get(and how rural it is, coupled with the low infection rate in the state) most people are TRYING to have a bit of normalcy.

I don't blame them. Even I, a legendary shutin drunk, am tired to being stuck at home. I can only imagine how normal people are having difficulty coping with this.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Weird situation for me because before all this working from home was my lifestyle. Except for vacations, hardware, grocery and eating out a few times a month not much has changed. Almost nothing in fact except cancelling a vacation and eating out is now take out.

The economy has not shutdown. Gas stations, grocery, restaurants, liquor stores, deliveries all still going strong. Only industries hurting bad are mass entertainment crap like sports and kids, school doesn't matter that much because much of it is the parents. If the parents are garbage odds of school doing anything for them are extremely low.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Weird situation for me because before all this working from home was my lifestyle. Except for vacations, hardware, grocery and eating out a few times a month not much has changed. Almost nothing in fact except cancelling a vacation and eating out is now take out.

The economy has not shutdown. Gas stations, grocery, restaurants, liquor stores, deliveries all still going strong. Only industries hurting bad are mass entertainment crap like sports and kids, school doesn't matter that much because much of it is the parents. If the parents are garbage odds of school doing anything for them are extremely low.

Yup, some of us were already living this lifestyle well before this.

But, in a stroke of irony, I find that when it's by choice you miss nothing, but when the choice is taken away, you want it to be otherwise.

Human nature at it's finest.

Also the old adage that the "grass is always greener on the otherside".

I guess I just feel a bit bad for those that "need" that day to day hectic outside extrovert lifestyle. I wonder if those are also the ones that will be first in line when society starts to breakdown and they go to extreme measures. Because they aren't used to the concept.

Meh, whatever, it's just all food for thought.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't really care man.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I don't really care man.

I feel it....hombre.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I'm tired of it too, but at least I get to spend the rest of my life paying interest toward the worthy cause of bailing out industries that normally tell the peasants to piss off.

You have a PM.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I usually work from home 3-4 times a week, tend not to leave the house except for going to the gym for an hour (10 minute drive) or going to the supermarket.

I have been watching this # closely since it kicked off in China, and told everyone close to me that this was coming, and everyone said it was the flu, or a cold. Now look where we are!

Aside from not being able to go to the gym, eat out, visit family etc, my day to day life has not really changed. But as Zap has said, you miss your freedoms when they are gone.

Its been 9 days for us in the UK, and I'm tired of being housebound too

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Churchhousecreeper

If you don't mind a question, what sort of work do are you able to do from home?

And yes to the OP! I was tired of this Covid19 the day it started.

Every year I keep hoping something gets a little better, cost of living gets a little cheaper, that one day the government would just print its own money instead of taxing me off the @#%^ land that I grew up on, that medical insurance would be a possibility again and actually cover something without #$@#$! paying a 5000 dollar co payment and costing more than a @#$$%^ house payment per month.

But nooooo! Every day, every year, they tighten the noose just a little bit farther. They do it slow. So slow so that people don't even realize the noose is around their necks. And now Covid 19 comes out and shakes the planet to its core. ; )
edit on 1-4-2020 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You're a drunk with a gun as you state? Not smart, not safe

I believe your common sense...is muddled.....
edit on 1-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Apart from one-track news bulletins, hasn't made that much difference to me personally.

I've practised social distancing all my life; it's like second nature to me.

Plus it makes a great excuse for bunking off work.

This is probably the only time in my working life I can phone in with, "I've got this cough. Better take about a week off."

top topics

join