It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump rollback of mileage standards guts climate change push

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

CV infringing your rights? Screw you, the measures taken pander to my wants!

Actually, they don't.
I don't want local business to collapse. But it is.

edit on 3/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
a reply to: vonclod

I couldn't agree more. So long as you have the time and money to build it. The time and money to fix it when it breaks. And the time and money for a good divorce lawyer so your soon to be ex wife doesn't get it in the settlement when she leaves you because you've spent all your time and money on your car. For now ill keep what I got and do my planned mods.

Eta no sarcasm meant, I really do agree with you. Just not practical for most.

Sure, just throwin it out there.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I'm still young - ish (31) I hope one day when the little girl is grown up, I'll have such time and money to do so. It is a dream of mine. I like cars of all kinds, but I'd love to do a 63 impala. Or a pinto.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Love it. Should have happened years ago. The sports car options have almost vanished with car companies taking them out their lineup. Waited for years for another gas guzzling Mazda rotary sports car. Obama killed that option. I'm now looking at Lotus. One of the only damn lightweight sports cars left outside of supercars which almost nobody can afford except left wing celebrities and left wing sports stars. Fvcking BS.

Just build a car, cooler than any modern plastic crap..if you really want muscle that is.

My sixty nine mustang with a 302 Cleveland engine and headers and a six fifty double pumper on it got twenty five miles to the gallon, even with the n50 fifteen slick tires on it. Of course when I was racing, I only got maybe fifteen miles to a gallon.

My Subaru forester is getting twenty four miles to a gallon. on the shorter trips we take, now the mustang was all short trips. My old buick electra with the 430 wildcat engine in it used to get twenty two miles to the gallon on the highway. Only sixteen riding around town though. It burned very clean, no smell.

Nice!!
I used to have a 66 Fairlane, loved that car. My current "fun" car is a 86 Buick Grand National clone, has a stroked out 350..not great mileage..lol, be better after overdrive tranny installed. If I survive the apocalypse, I will look for a GM LS motor, lots of power, lots of goodies available, and it's a more efficient motor.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'm still young - ish (31) I hope one day when the little girl is grown up, I'll have such time and money to do so. It is a dream of mine. I like cars of all kinds, but I'd love to do a 63 impala. Or a pinto.

Can't go wrong with an Impala! Pinto, or Vega could be fun.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

My dad had a ragtop Impala. Don't know the year, but this was in '76. He won it in a cribbage game. At least, that's the story.

I really liked that car.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Cutting regulations will do nothing but create more problems down the road in the near future.

Newsflash: The economy was just destroyed with fear mongering. The only thing happening in the near future is trying to repair some of the problems the fear mongering has caused. Hence cutting regulations and I expect many many more job killing regulations you agree with will also go away soon.
edit on 31-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The meaning of my post was clear

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

My dad had a ragtop Impala. Don't know the year, but this was in '76. He won it in a cribbage game. At least, that's the story.

I really liked that car.

Haha, nice!

I do like the older cars myself, more style, individuality. Lots of stuff today looks just like everything else.

Newer cars are much safer, and efficient of course. I only drive my Buick in the summer.

link   
63 impala is my favorite body style out of the older ones. And I've wanted a pinto since I was a kid. My father, before he joined the military, delivered bread for merrita. One morning he was driving his sh!t brown pinto to work and was rear ended by a drunk driver in a truck. If you know anything about pintos, you know what happened next. Anyway I've always wanted one since that, for some reason I just loved that car.

link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Hence cutting regulations and I expect many many more job killing regulations you agree with will also go away soon.

Yeah. People want to have less efficient vehicles. You're right. They'll buy more of that kind.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Growing up, my grandpa always drove a yellow Pinto, a few different ones over the years..never blowed up though

I'm partial to the 61 SS 409 Impala
but you really cant go wrong. My bud has a 60 with a 409.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Hell yeah, beautiful vehicle..

All this talk about cars makes me realize how much they play a role in our identity. I think it's why when politicians come around and start wanting to make new laws and regulations that affect the things we hold so dearly, there's a visceral reaction to it. To them it's just a means of transportation, for us it's a memory of a better place, a love affair with an idea we have in our heads, it's emotional. I mean yeah it'd be great for the environment if everyone drove a prius.... But where's the love? Where's the emotional attachment?

I've never heard anyone say they want an old prius to wrench on and fix up to hand down to their children.
edit on 31-3-2020 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've got two rechargeable hybrid vehicles.

I rarely have to buy gas and when I do I only get like 8 gallons.

I see other people at the pumps paying $75 to fill up their cars and wonder why the continue to drive such fuel inefficient vehicles.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Think bigger, I know you’re capable.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77
Would love one someday.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Bigger?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Hell yeah, beautiful vehicle..

All this talk about cars makes me realize how much they play a role in our identity. I think it's why when politicians come around and start wanting to make new laws and regulations that affect the things we hold so dearly, there's a visceral reaction to it. To them it's just a means of transportation, for us it's a memory of a better place, a love affair with an idea we have in our heads, it's emotional. I mean yeah it'd be great for the environment if everyone drove a prius.... But where's the love? Where's the emotional attachment?

I've never heard anyone say they want an old prius to wrench on and fix up to hand down to their children.

Post war, I think the car culture built America.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

VW van.
Now there was a life style.

Could drop the engine in about 45 minutes. ( I was slow)
edit on 3/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

VW van.
Now there was a life style.

Could drop the engine in about 45 minutes. ( I was slow)

I remember my older brother, and his hippy friends, all piling into their old bus, this would be early 70s..fun times!

They are worth good bucks now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join