It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve predicts 32% unemployment rate thanks to coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ooh... Hooker parts are going to be on clearance!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So this is how it ends. . . .

Not with a bang or a whimper, but a sneeze.

Alas Babylon.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That should be corrected. 32% unemployment thanks to government over-reaction in the name of Coronavirus.

You could call it an overreaction, but then you'd be arguing against every major medical institution on the planet. I think I'll go with the experts on this one.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct I think I'll go with the experts on this one.

What experts?
Do they have names?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The cure IS worse than the disease.

It’s not even a disease.

Economy collapse for the fu##ing FLU!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Alien Abduct I think I'll go with the experts on this one.

What experts?
Do they have names?

Nope, everyone that works for the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and all the other major health organizations around the world including president Trump's senior medical advisors all have no names.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Not saying the goverment helped any

But the usa is a global economy weather we did nothing or went full on China our economy was going to take a huge hit

I still see no talk on how we are going to replace chinas manufacturing any time soon still no smog clouds over china that stuff isent magically produced china having clean air means we have no goods

The good news is if we do restart manufacturing in the usa our recovery will be much faster if we decide to just wait for someone to start making stuff for us we will never recover

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

They all wear the same lab coat, same name tag.
Corona panico masivo

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

All those "experts" failed miserably because they didn't see the political agenda ahead of time and even if they did, they didn't stop it for a reason !!!! 😈 🐽 😈

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

All those "experts" failed miserably because they didn't see the political agenda ahead of time and even if they did, they didn't stop it for a reason !!!! 😈 🐽 😈

That's your opinion. I think I'll go with the expert's opinion on this one.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Pat answer is not an answer.

Here is an expert who disagrees. He was quoted
in the NTY, and even Cuomo is now saying yeah,
this guy knows what he is talking about.

" I am deeply concerned that the social, economic and public health consequences of this near-total meltdown of normal life — schools and businesses closed, gatherings banned — will be long-lasting and calamitous, possibly graver than the direct toll of the virus itself. The stock market will bounce back in time, but many businesses never will. The unemployment, impoverishment and despair likely to result will be public health scourges of the first order. "http://lasvegastribune.net/?p=4755

– “Is Our Fight Against Coronavirus Worse Than the Disease?”, New York Times 20th March 2020

edit on 31-3-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hope it was worth crashing everyone’s lives and throwing an entire lifetime of debt on our backs to give people about to die another year to live.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Just think, only a few decades ago all of those same institutions of experts thought lobotomies were wonderful, homosexuality was a mental disorder, and gender was an absolute. Imagine what society in another 50 years will think when they look at the caveman way this was handled!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Hope it was worth crashing everyone’s lives and throwing an entire lifetime of debt on our backs to give people about to die another year to live.

Hey, if they can get a Democrat in the White House
people be damned. This is the party of death and
destruction, they know their business.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
Only 47,000,000?

That’s no big deal. Wake me if it gets above 50,000,000

Ironically?...coincidentally?....47,000,000 is a familiar number.

That's very close to how many Americans Obama put on food stamps when he was doing his part to buy off the citizenry as well.

This is just the same playbook with a few minor tweaks to fit the narrative.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe I should renew my builders license, there might be a lot of stimulus money going through agencies here to create new jobs. Like CETA, get paid to put people to work doing stuff for people for free. I could hire a crew and apply for a grant and put my kids working for me to fix people's houses. I still know how to write applications for Federal grants, but my connections are all retired or dead now.

Wow, that's a program I haven't heard of in a very long time. That's how I got to take a computer class after I graduated back in 1981.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Just think, only a few decades ago all of those same institutions of experts thought lobotomies were wonderful, homosexuality was a mental disorder, and gender was an absolute. Imagine what society in another 50 years will think when they look at the caveman way this was handled!

Hindsight is 20/20

Where were you to point this out back then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join